Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2015, 11:52 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - June 12

G I F T = God Is Forever There.

There's a bumper sticker that reads:
"If you're not feeling God's Presence, who moved?" God exists everywhere. Whenever we feel abandoned by God, remember, it is we who have moved. God is always fully present to us when we remember to open our hearts to that Presence. --Mary Manin Morrissey

We're all going to have winds and waves in our lives but nothing that happens can destroy your life unless you allow it. Work on building conscious contact with God that is stronger than anything in the world, so you don't look to the world as your guidance. Look within and you will find the power and love of God. --Mary Manin Morrisey

When we teach others about God, we plant seeds that can help to heal the world.

Nothing is too great and nothing is too small to commit into the hands of the Lord. --A.W. Pink

God will give you courage when you are afraid.

Stop just now and smell the roses. Stop just now and Praise
Stop just now and Thank our God. For each moment of our days.

Fixers by Sally I. Kennedy
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:3
I am into fixing things. If something breaks, get out the scotch tape, superglue, or bandages. I come from a long line of fixers. We all knew my dad could fix anything, from a picture frame that fell apart to a table leg that had broken. All you had to do was take it to him and you knew he would get it fixed and back to you.
My husband is a fixer, too. Our granddaughter says emphatically, when something like a flat tire on her bike needs fixing, or a splinter in her finger, “Go to PopPop. He can fix that.”
There are some things we just cannot fix, though, no matter how hard we try. We cannot fix broken hearts. That is a real tough one, but not too hard for God.
Luke 1:37 tells us, “nothing is impossible with God”. The Lord himself said, “with God all things are possible” (Matthew 19:26)
When we take our broken hearts to the healer, the One who created our hearts, we can have them fixed. The only real fix for a broken heart is the Lord….His mercy, His kindness, His gentleness, and most of all His loving presence. He is not only the ultimate creator, He is the ultimate fixer.

Be Still And Know by Gloria Coffey
Psalm 4:3-4 – But know that the Lord has set apart for Himself him who is godly; The Lord will hear when I call to Him. Be angry, and do not sin. Meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still. (NKJV)
Psalm 46:10 – Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! (NKJV)
Have you ever been in a place or situation that you felt was truly hopeless? I'm sure that if we are honest with ourselves, we have all been in that place at one time or another. What is our first response when we find ourselves in a place or situation that we feel is truly hopeless?
I have recently been going through a very rough, dry time. My first response was to feel sorry for myself, and to think only of my deep hurt. After a time of self-pity, I turned to our heavenly Father, Who immediately came to my rescue. I just have to learn every day to trust Him completely … in all situations.
Proverbs 3:5-6 – Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. (NKJV)
Over the last 52 years of being His child, I have found that all that we have to do when we are hurting is to go to Him with a humble and contrite heart, and He well direct our paths and give us the strength to go through our trials. In our humanness, each of us often wants to just think that we are the only ones hurting or going through a particular trial. All we have to do is look at our precious Saviour and see the hurts and trials that He endured for us. That's how much He loves us. So don't ever think that you are alone when going through a trial or a very difficult situation. Be still, and know that He is God of everything. We need to allow Him to do His work in our lives.
Prayer: Precious heavenly Father, we thank You for Your gift of salvation and for welcoming us into Your family forever. Thank You for caring for all our hurts and needs. Thank You for Your Word that gives us strength, encouragement, and guidance when we so desperately need it. Help us to share You and Your love with others. In Jesus' name, we pray. Amen.

THE BEAUTY OF THE SPIRIT by Joseph J. Mazzella
I was walking towards the store when I first saw her. She was between eighty and ninety years old. Her hair was thin, sparse, and as white as the snow on the sidewalk outside. Her face was red, chapped, and wrinkled from a lifetime of use. Her mouth was missing most of its teeth. Her gnarled hands each carried a bag full of groceries. She wore work boots that had clearly seen better days. As she shuffled slowly towards the door she stopped only once to put down her bags and button her thin, wool jacket.
I hurried my pace and opened the door for her. She smiled at me with her few remaining teeth and said, "Thank you young man." I touched my gray hair and smiled at being thought of as a young man again. Then I watched as this ancient angel slowly walked to the food drive collection bin and lifted the heavier of her two bags up to put into it. She made one last stop on her way out to say "hi" to a young mother she knew. The mother had her baby girl in her arms and the elderly woman gently reached down and tickled the child under her chin. The little girl laughed with joy and kicked her feet. The old lady laughed as well in her cracked voice and then continued happily on her way. I stood there watching her and thought to myself: "That was the most beautiful woman I have ever seen."
I am so thankful to God for teaching me over the years how to see clearly. I no longer look at the world through the eyes of society with its plastic surgery view of what is beautiful and what is not. God has showed me through His love, His grace, and His guidance to see with the eyes of my soul and to recognize the beauty of the spirit in each of us.
I hope that lovely old woman continues to touch others with her gentleness, kindness, and joy for years to come. May her beauty, love, and light shine bright on Earth and in Heaven.

Every problem is an opportunity to trust God.
We all experience difficulties, problems, and trials throughout life. Usually, we also look for ways to solve those problems. All of the various solutions basically ask one of these two questions: "What can I do to solve this?" Or, "What can God do to solve this?"
In other words, we either try to solve the problem on our own, or we let God solve it. Obviously, it is much wiser to give your problems to God.
Therefore, in the midst of your problem, Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding (Proverbs 3:5). Trust God to solve your problems. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal (Isaiah 26:4).
During your trials you should frequently quote Psalm 91:2: I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
Furthermore, when you're truly trusting in God, there is nothing to worry about. Jesus said, "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me" (John 14:1).
Make this your cry: "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God" (Psalm 20:7).
Trust the Lord God Almighty in every area of your life, even during problems, because every problem gives you an opportunity to trust God. Weekly Wisdom

Seeing the Good in the Bad
One of the greatest verses in the Bible is found in Romans 8:28 – “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” We know it, and many of us can quote it from memory. We believe it, and stand on it… that is, until we face a “bad time” in our life!
During difficult times, we can often loose our focus, forgetting that we serve a God who truly loves us and cares for us, providing for us, and meeting all our needs according to His riches in glory.
God is still God – even in what we may think are “bad times”!
We are limited in how we see and assess our life’s situations. We naturally can only see and understand from our own perspective and point of view. But, from God’s perspective, He has promised to never leave us, never forsake us, and He is a friend who sticks closer than a brother! He can – and does – take even what the enemy means for harm, and will use it for good! First Impressions

THE GLOVE Author Unknown
"You're so quiet, Son. What's on your mind?" asked Ben's father as he stopped at Ben's room to tell him good night.
Ben put his hands behind his head and stared at the ceiling above his bed. "Oh, I've just been wondering if I should be a missionary."
"You don't seem very excited about the idea," said Dad.
"It seems like such a hard job," said Ben, propping himself up on one elbow. "I have this feeling that I might not be any good at it. What if God calls me to do something I can't do!"
Ben's father thought for a moment, then reached over to Ben's desk and picked up his baseball glove. "What's this?" he asked.
Ben laughed. "Don't be silly, Dad! It's my ball glove."
Dad walked over to the corner of the room. He propped the glove against the wall, found a baseball, and threw it at the glove. Though the ball hit the center of the glove, it rolled to the floor. Dad picked up the glove and looked at it in disgust. "This glove is a total failure," he said, shaking his head.
Ben laughed and laughed. "Oh, Dad, you know it can't catch by itself! It has to have a hand inside."
Dan smiled at Ben. "You're just like this glove," he said. "God has a purpose for your life, Ben, just as there is a purpose for this glove. You put your hand inside the glove to give it guidance and strength----you give it power to catch the ball. In the same way, God will give you power to do whatever He calls you to do. Don't worry, Son, God will never prop you in a corner and leave you alone. It's His mighty hand that does the work when you are willing to be used."
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. (John 15:4-5)

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
You are entering yet another season of distractions. Don't fool yourself into believing that distractions are good for you. Stay focused, and stay on track. Take every opportunity to be led by My Spirit and stay connected with Me. That is what is actually good for you both temporarily and eternally, says the Lord. Vacation from your routine should not be a vacation from Me. Ephesians 2:4-7 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.

Let Me have your heart, says the Lord. I'm not asking for a piece of your heart. I'm asking for your whole heart. You know the difference between loving someone and loving someone with your whole heart. I want you to love Me with your whole heart--nothing held back. I want you to give yourself completely to me. You will not regret your decision to do so. Mark 12:30 ‘And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment.

You need a time of rejuvenation. It would be good for you to have times of rest and relaxation, but your restoration comes from seeking Me and being in My presence. Come deliberately to Me in spirit and receive all that you need, says the Lord. Do not delay. Acts 3:19 "Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord."

In a vision, I saw angels standing on both sides of a gate above the earth. They were blowing their trumpets and I heard the Lord say, "Come and enter here. Do not live as an earth dweller; live as a kingdom dweller on the earth. I am calling you to live in the power of My Spirit so that you can represent Me and My kingdom." Colossians 3:1-2 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Today, is a day for a fresh start--a new beginning. For those who have heard My word and heard My desire; for those who have ears to hear and eyes to see, I will take you further into the realm of My kingdom than ever. In the excitement of that which you see and know, you will be compelled to live and flourish in the kingdom of Almighty God. So, I say to you today, begin again. Begin in the strength and the power that I provide. Become one with Me and walk with Me, and your life will take on a brand new, fresh meaning, says the Lord.

Broken Dreams Author Unknown
As children bring their broken toys
With tears for us to mend.
I brought my broken dreams to God
Because He was my Friend.
But then instead of leaving Him
In peace to work alone,
I hung around and tried to help
With ways that were my own.
At last I snatched the back and cried,
"How could You be so slow"-
"My child," He said,
"What could I do? You never did let go."

My Cup Runneth Over By Deborah Ann
My cup, it runneth over,
with tender mercy it flows . . .
my cup, can never be emptied
for in my heart, Jesus grows.
My cup, is full of eternal grace,
with gladness it rises and swells . . .
my cup, it will never run dry
for in my heart, Jesus dwells
My cup, is full of a lasting joy,
with a love, never to cease . . .
my cup, will never drain out
for in my heart, I am at peace.
My cup, is full of endless hope,
with power to be restored . . .
my cup, is never unfilled
for in my heart, Jesus is Lord.
My cup, it runneth over,
with everlasting, blissful rest
my cup, will never be empty . . .
for I am ~ eternally blessed.

Jesus answered, "My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me. If anyone chooses to do God's will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own. He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but he who works for the honor of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him. John 7:16-18

Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit. Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.
Ephesians 5:18-21

"Lord," Martha said to Jesus, "if you had been here, my brother would not have died. But I know that even now God will give you whatever you ask." Jesus said to her, "Your brother will rise again." Martha answered, "I know he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day." Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" John 11:21-26

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:38-39

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. Romans 5:1-5

The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him. Exodus 15:2

The joy of the LORD is your strength. Nehemiah 8:10

The LORD will continually guide you. Isaiah 58:11

I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord. Psalm 40:1-3

Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ. Romans 10:17

A Morning Promise by Vena Poole
Even amidst a hectic and chaotic lifestyle, it is still important to seek out those few quiet moments early in the day and dedicate the day to the Lord. Perhaps you can identify with a Christian family that I know of, whose day begins before five o'clock a.m. They have three very young children who are taken to the baby-sitter, who later takes them to school. Both parents have full-time employment in different companies.
Amidst all this rush and hurry, it is possible, when we are in our car facing the long drive to our place of employment, to have those precious few moments in the presence of God.
Exodus 33:14 – And the Lord said, My Presence shall go with you, and I will give you rest. (AMP)
This Bible verse is one of my favorites, because it suggests that we can be on the move, yet at the same time be completely at rest! We are not traveling alone, but we travel with a wonderful, unique Companion Who is constantly by our side.
How tremendously reassuring it is to know that even in our hectic lifestyle, we need never step out of His presence! Is it not wonderful to have the promise of the great I AM God, Who has proved not only by His Word, but by His actions in the past, that He is still there for us today! Indeed, we have a very special relationship, a contact which enables us to call upon His name and to be heard at any time, night or day. In this world of ever-changing circumstances, within a twenty-four hour period, our secure situation can change so very drastically. Regardless, even during such an experience, He has promised to be with us. We have such a wonderful illustration in nature itself, for in the eye of the storm, there is quietness and rest. Just so, it can be the experience of everyone who has accepted His promise, "I will go with you and give you rest" in every desperate, horrifying situation which may face them today. May we display to others who have not yet put their trust in this wonderful God that His promises are irrevocable and cover the whole spectrum of time: the past, the present, and the future.
Prayer: Our gracious heavenly Father, we thank You for this day, of which every moment is known to You. May we live this day with quiet confidence in the knowledge that You will not allow any circumstance to come into our lives which we cannot face victoriously together. We offer this prayer with assurance in the name of Your Son and our Saviour Christ Jesus. Amen.

Lord, make me a channel of thy peace--that where there is hatred, I may bring love--that where there is wrong, I may bring the spirit of forgiveness--that where there is discord, I may bring harmony--that where there is error, I may bring truth--that where there is doubt, I may bring faith--that where there is despair, I may bring hope--that where there are shadows, I may bring light--that where there is sadness, I may bring joy. Lord, grant that I may seek rather to comfort than to be comforted--to understand, than to be understood--to love, than to be loved. For it is by self-forgetting that one finds. It is by forgiving that one is forgiven. It is by dying that one awakens to eternal life. Amen --Saint Francis' Prayer

Read Through The Bible
Job 8
Bildad: Job Should Repent
1 Then Bildad the Shuhite answered and said: 2 “How long will you speak these things, And the words of your mouth be like a strong wind? 3 Does God subvert judgment? Or does the Almighty pervert justice? 4 If your sons have sinned against Him, He has cast them away for their transgression. 5 If you would earnestly seek God And make your supplication to the Almighty, 6 If you were pure and upright, Surely now He would awake for you, And prosper your rightful dwelling place. 7 Though your beginning was small, Yet your latter end would increase abundantly. 8 “For inquire, please, of the former age, And consider the things discovered by their fathers; 9 For we were born yesterday, and know nothing, Because our days on earth are a shadow. 10 Will they not teach you and tell you, And utter words from their heart? 11 “Can the papyrus grow up without a marsh? Can the reeds flourish without water? 12 While it is yet green and not cut down, It withers before any other plant. 13 So are the paths of all who forget God; And the hope of the hypocrite shall perish, 14 Whose confidence shall be cut off, And whose trust is a spider’s web. 15 He leans on his house, but it does not stand. He holds it fast, but it does not endure. 16 He grows green in the sun, And his branches spread out in his garden. 17 His roots wrap around the rock heap, And look for a place in the stones. 18 If he is destroyed from his place, Then it will deny him, saying, ‘I have not seen you.’ 19 “Behold, this is the joy of His way, And out of the earth others will grow. 20 Behold, God will not cast away the blameless, Nor will He uphold the evildoers. 21 He will yet fill your mouth with laughing, And your lips with rejoicing. 22
Those who hate you will be clothed with shame, And the dwelling place of the wicked will come to nothing.”

Thank you, Lord, for opening our eyes to your truth. We pray for courage to put that truth into action so that our lives are lived in your will. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply