Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02-01-2016, 09:16 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon23 Bible Verses - February

February 1

Nehemiah 6:9 (NLV) ...But now, O God, strengthen my hands.

Thought: God knows the task is great. Ask Him for help. He's there for you.

Today’s Scripture: I Corinthians 3:16-17 (NLT): Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you? God will destroy anyone who destroys this temple. For God’s temple is holy, and you are that temple.

Today’s Thought: Our body is a temple of the Holy Spirit. We must treat it that way. We must take care of ourselves in a way that honors the Lord.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me to remember that my body is a temple You live in. Help me to honor and respect it. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense — Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. —1 John 2:1-2

Deuteronomy 6:4-5 - 4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[a] 5 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

Romans 13:9 The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

Don't love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, "I will never fail you. I will never abandon you." So we can say with confidence, "The LORD is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6

Psalm 139:13-18

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
How precious to me are your thoughts, God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand—
when I awake, I am still with you.

For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. Matthew 16:25

Genesis 2:3 (NIV) - Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

There is no one like the Lord!
"And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:" 2 Corinthians 9:8

Psalm 3:2-6 - 2 Many are saying of me, “God will not deliver him.” 3 But you, LORD, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high. 4 I call out to the LORD, and he answers me from his holy mountain. 5 I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me. 6 I will not fear though tens of thousands assail me on every side.

Colossians 2:7 Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2016, 09:03 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 2

John 14:1 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in Me," Jesus said.

Thought: In the midst of chaos, Christ is where you find peace.

From inside the fish Jonah prayed ... "In my distress I called to the LORD, and he answered me. From the depths of the grave I called for help, and you listened to my cry." —Jonah 2:1-2

Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. 1 John 2:15-16

But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.
I will sing the Lord’s praise,
for he has been good to me.
Psalm 13:5-6

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27

Ecclesiastes 7:9 Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:06 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 3

But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them sing joyful praises forever. Spread your protection over them, that all who love your name may be filled with joy. For you bless the godly, O Lord; you surround them with your shield of love. Psalm 5:11-12

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. —Philippians 2:3

Psalm 59:16
But I will sing of your strength,
in the morning I will sing of your love;
for you are my fortress,
my refuge in times of trouble.

Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses. 1 Timothy 6:12

He loves you more than you will ever know.
"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

Proverbs 3:5-6 - 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:00 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 4

John 14:10 (NIV) Jesus said, "The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in Me, who is doing His work."

Thought: God isn't just working on you. He's working in you.

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 4:6-7

But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions — it is by grace you have been saved. —Ephesians 2:4-5

Psalm 18:1-2
For the director of music. Of David the servant of the Lord. He sang to the Lord the words of this song when the Lord delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul. He said: 1 I love you, Lord, my strength. 2 The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Revelation 3:20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.

Mark 3:31-35 (NIV) - Then Jesus’ mother and brothers arrived. Standing outside, they sent someone in to call him. A crowd was sitting around him, and they told him, “Your mother and brothers are outside looking for you.” “Who are my mother and my brothers?” he asked. Then he looked at those seated in a circle around him and said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! Whoever does God’s will is my brother and sister and mother.”

I serve a faithful God.
"Thy mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; and thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds."
Psalms 36:5

Psalm 34:14 Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.
Old 02-05-2016, 07:16 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 5

Jeremiah 29:11 — For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

God wants the very best for each of us. He wants us to have joy and happiness. He wants us to succeed through Him. He does not want to hurt us, but instead wants us to grow in the Light. He is a loving Father who has created a special future for each of His children. Be patient, Listen to Him. Focus your life on praising Him. He will provide. He will lead. He will give us the answers we need in His perfect timing.

In that wonderful day you will sing: Thank the Lord! Praise his name! Tell the nations what he has done. Let them know how mighty he is! Sing to the Lord, for he has done wonderful things. Make known his praise around the world. - Isaiah 12:4-5

Psalm 33:4-5 - 4 For the word of the Lord is right and true; he is faithful in all he does. 5 The Lord loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love.

Psalm 56:3-4 When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?

Psalm 118:14-21

The Lord is my strength and my defense;
he has become my salvation.

Shouts of joy and victory
resound in the tents of the righteous:
“The Lord’s right hand has done mighty things!
The Lord’s right hand is lifted high;
the Lord’s right hand has done mighty things!”
I will not die but live,
and will proclaim what the Lord has done.
The Lord has chastened me severely,
but he has not given me over to death.
Open for me the gates of the righteous;
I will enter and give thanks to the Lord.
This is the gate of the Lord
through which the righteous may enter.
I will give you thanks, for you answered me;
you have become my salvation.

Romans 15:1-3 (NIV) - We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves. Each of us should please our neighbors for their good, to build them up. For even Christ did not please himself but, as it is written: “The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me.”

Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:42 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 6

"And don't be concerned about what to eat and what to drink. Don't worry about such things. These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers all over the world, but your Father already knows your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and he will give you everything you need." - Luke 12:29-31

So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6-7

Proverbs 21:21 Whoever pursues righteousness and love finds life, prosperity[a] and honor.

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Colossians 3:12-14 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

Proverbs 18:13 (NIV) - To answer before listening— that is folly and shame.

It's never too late for God to show up in your situation.
"Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)" Hebrews 10:23

Psalm 37:37 Consider the blameless, observe the upright; a future awaits those who seek peace.

Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:19 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 7

All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. - 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Psalm 97:10 Let those who love the Lord hate evil, for he guards the lives of his faithful ones and delivers them from the hand of the wicked.

Psalms 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

Colossians 3:15-17 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Luke 6:32-36 (NIV) - “If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full. But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:59 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 8

John 14:19 (NIV) Jesus said, "...Because I live, you also will live."

Thought: You can face today. Jesus is there for you.

Isaiah 43:1-2 —

But now, this is what the LORD says —
he who created you, Jacob,
he who formed you, Israel:
"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.

Going through rivers of difficulty will either cause you to drown or force you to grow stronger. If you go in your own strength, you are more likely to drown. If you invite the Lord to go with you, he will protect you.

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith — and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God — not by works, so that no one can boast. —Ephesians 2:8-9

Matthew 5:43-45
Love for Enemies
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Leviticus 19:15-18
“‘Do not pervert justice; do not show partiality to the poor or favoritism to the great, but judge your neighbor fairly.
“‘Do not go about spreading slander among your people.
“‘Do not do anything that endangers your neighbor’s life. I am the Lord.
“‘Do not hate a fellow Israelite in your heart. Rebuke your neighbor frankly so you will not share in their guilt.
“‘Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.

God is able to calm the winds and waves in your life.
"The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace." Exodus 14:14

James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:23 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 9

2 Thessalonians 1:3 We ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love all of you have for one another is increasing.

Luke 3:11 John answered, "Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same."

"For I command you this day to love the LORD your God and to keep his commands, decrees, and regulations by walking in his ways. If you do this, you will live and multiply, and the LORD your God will bless you and the land you are about to enter and occupy."
Deuteronomy 30:16

Galatians 5:13-17
Life by the Spirit

You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.

So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want.

I am the Lord your God; follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. Keep my Sabbaths holy, that they may be a sign between us. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God. Ezekiel 20:19-20

Ecclesiastes 3:1 (NIV) - There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:

Thank you Lord for having mercy on me.
"O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever."
1 Chronicles 16:34

Mark 12:30-31 - 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’There is no commandment greater than these.”
Old 02-10-2016, 09:38 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 10

John 14:23 (NIV) Jesus replied, "If anyone loves Me, he will obey My teaching. My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make our home with him."

Thought: With God, you're never alone.

Wait patiently for the LORD. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the LORD. - Psalm 27:14

Ephesians 4:1-3 — As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.

No one is ever going to be perfect here on earth, so we must accept and love other people in spite of their faults. When we see faults in other people we should be patient and gentle. Is there someone whose actions or personality really annoys you? Rather than dwelling on that person's weaknesses or looking for faults, pray for him or her. Then do even more — spend time together and see if you can learn to like him or her.

Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. —Ephesians 2:10

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 - 1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. Galatians 5:16

"The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him." Exodus 15:2

1 Peter 1:24-25 (NIV) - For, “All people are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord endures forever.” And this is the word that was preached to you.

John 13:34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:13 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 11

John 14:27 (NIV) Jesus said, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you...Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

Thought: As the world rants and raves, there's a quiet, steady hand holding you.

1 Corinthians 13:4-5 - 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

1 John 4:19 We love because he first loved us.

God has now revealed to us his mysterious will regarding Christ, which is to fulfill his own good plan. And this is the plan: At the right time he will bring everything together under the authority of Christ-everything in heaven and on earth. Ephesians 1:9-10

I know that my redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand on the earth. Job 19:25

"The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy." Psalms 103:8

1 John 4:7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:50 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 12

1 Corinthians 13:6-7 - 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ 37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ 40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:34-40

Proverbs 11:18 NIV The wicked man earns deceptive wages, but he who sows righteousness reaps a sure reward.

"I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father's hand. The Father and I are one." John 10:28-30

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. Mark 11:24

Lord, I need a touch from you.
"The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe." Proverbs 18:10

Ephesians 4:2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.

James 1:2-4 2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 02-13-2016, 09:37 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 13

Mark 10:45 “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the LORD your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity. —Joel 2:13

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

2 Thessalonians 3:5 May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance.

So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up. Galatians 6:9

Proverbs 18:10 (NIV) - The name of the Lord is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.

Lord, I just want to say… Thank you!
"Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD." Psalms 150:6

Isaiah 54:10 Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,” says the LORD, who has compassion on you.
Post New ThreadReply