Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2014, 11:02 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Facing Change

Facing Change

Read Genesis 45:1-5

So teach us to count our days that we may gain a wise heart.
-Psalm 90:12 (NRSV)

ONE weekend I went mountain biking with my daughter and son-in-law. My son-in-law flew down the trail, bouncing over tree roots and dodging the rocks. My daughter followed, and I went last, easing my bike gently over the bumps, squeezing the brakes until my hands started to cramp. At the bottom of the trail, my daughter hugged us both, beaming: "My two favorite men, and they both enjoy the same things." Chuckling, I replied, "Yeah, but I like them a whole lot slower."

During the past few years I've come to realize that some things I can't do anymore; other things I can still do, but with limitations. And those limitations, while not surprising, can be extremely frustrating. Yet as I read the story of Joseph, I learned that change doesn't have to be disabling.

Joseph endured a number of profound changes. Even when these led him into desperate situations - first as a slave, then as a prisoner - he believed that God was at work. He assured his brothers: "God sent me before you to preserve life" (Gen. 45:5). Joseph's attitude allowed him to concentrate on what he could do rather than complain about the changes he faced. Consequently, he was able to thrive in the midst of adversity.

Thomas Dury (Colorado, USA)
Prayer
Father, help us to discover opportunities in each new stage of life and to live each day rejoicing in your presence. Amen.

Thought for the Day
Focus on what you have and not on what you have lost.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply