Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01-31-2014, 09:49 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon19 Daily Prayers - February

February 1

Teach me Your Way

Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; Unite my heart to fear your name. I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart, and I will glorify your name forever more. Great is your mercy toward me, and You have delivered my soul from the depths of hell. All praise be to You, Oh God my Redeemer, today and forever. Amen.

Lord, cleanse me from all impurities and put a new heart and a new spirit within me. Remove my heart of stone and give me a heart of flesh that will be sensitive and compassionate to the needs of others. In Jesus’ name, help me to see others as you see them and to hear and answer their cries just as you would. Today, I will look for opportunities to bless others. Amen.

Lord, we come before you as we are. We ask you to take away from us all that makes us less than human. Strengthen us with the power of your Spirit that our attitude and outlook may develop, and our “way of looking” may become more like yours. Help us to remain positive - encouraging and appreciating one another, looking upon people in the same way that you do. Amen.

“A Prayer For Lifelong Zeal And Faithfulness”

Father, it is our lifelong desire to love You without reserve, to never be lacking in zeal, and to keep our spiritual fervor as we serve You. We devote ourselves to You only and want to do what is good and right in Your sight so that it may go well with us and we will bring You pleasure. We want to be careful that we do not forget You or fail to observe Your commands You have set forth in Your Word. Otherwise our hearts will grow proud and we will forget our first love. Keep us on the right path all the days of our life we pray in the name of Jesus. Amen.

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. 1 John 3:1, NIV

Lord our God, we thank you that we may be your children and may be led by your hand. Give us patience and faith, especially when our way on earth seems difficult and life is full of grief and hardship. You are light. You show us the right path. You go before us in the self-denial and patience taught us by your Word. Protect us on all our ways. May your kingdom grow among us until it can be plainly seen that you, O God, are truly with us doing your work and bringing us joy, even though what we do seems fruitless. But your work endures. In your work we rejoice, and we want to give thanks to you every day. Amen.

Dear Lord, please help me remember that I am not alone.

Heavenly Father, we thank You for the wonderful creation of four distinct seasons. Help us to trust in You whatever weather the seasons bring. Thank You for food, clothing, and shelter and may we always be ready to share of the abundance You give us to others in need. Where there are emergency conditions please help the helpers and first responders. May those who know You be ready to give an answer of the hope they have in Christ in all circumstances they face. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2014, 08:20 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 2

Now to him who is able to keep us from stumbling and to present ourselves blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.

Heavenly Father, I humble myself before You, Your will not mine be done. I will mediate on your Word day and night. By the grace of God I will be an obedient doer of your Word, so my pathway will be prosperous and successful. I renew my mind to your Word, and pray that your Word will dominate my thoughts, words and actions. I submit to Truth so that I will not be seduced or deceived by the works of the devil. I am strong in you, Lord, and in the power of your might. Today, I choose Life and the Blessings of Deuteronomy 28. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

And those the Lord has rescued will return. They will enter Zion with singing; everlasting joy will crown their heads. Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away. Isaiah 35:10 NIV

Dear Father in heaven, we thank you that you lead us on all our paths. Together we praise your name. We plead with you, stay with us, especially when the world grows darker. Stay with us and send down your power. Send your power in answer to our prayers. For all people we pray, "Father in heaven, these are our brothers and sisters in spite of their failures and sins." Help them, O God. May they soon come to recognize who you are, what you do, and what you will still do, so that the whole world can be joyful and all people on earth may know the blessing of being your children. Amen.

Lord, I pray that You give me godly wisdom each and every day. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Lord Jesus, I want to be a light that leads others to you. Help me to be a witness for you and to proclaim boldly your message of love and salvation. Amen.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 02-02-2014, 10:42 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 3

For Those in Distress

I pray to you, Master, be our helper and defender. Rescue those of our number in distress; raise up the fallen; assist the needy; heal the sick; turn back those of your people who stray; feed the hungry; release our captives; revive the weak; encourage those who lose heart. Let all the nations realize that you are the only God, that Jesus Christ is your Child, and that we are your people and the sheep of your pasture. Amen.

from a prayer by Clement of Rome (@ 96 A.D.)

Oh God Almighty, send me Your light and truth, to keep this day and all the days of my life. And may Your mighty hand protect me, and all my brothers and sisters who have joined me in prayer this day, blessing our homes and our lives. Amen.

Father, I thank you for giving me a vision, a purpose and a plan. Give me your heart, your compassion for humanity. I offer my body as a living sacrifice to be your instrument of righteousness – that I might be a true representative of your Kingdom. It is my desire to fulfill my divine destiny, and be successful according to your will. I am here to serve you and love you in the beauty of holiness. Lead me in the way I should go, and with the Holy Spirit as my Helper, I will do great exploits for your Kingdom and others shall know that you are their Help, Redeemer and Salvation. Amen.

Dear Lord, "I asked for strength, that I might achieve; I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey." ... How often when we are weak we find ourselves forced to turn to You, to wait upon You. ... It is then in the quietness of one's "aloneness" that one senses Your presence, and Your comforting assurance and peace. ... It is then that one learns, as the Apostle Paul did,* that our weakness is Your opportunity to show Your strength, and that Your strength is indeed sufficient for our needs! ... Once we discover this, and seek to learn Your will, we have only to obey. ... Forgive me, Lord, for running ahead of You, and thinking that I can manage my life without You.

In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

* (II Cor. 12:7-9)

© 1996 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord, there are times when we are so concerned about ourselves that we don’t think of others. We ask for the gift of your Spirit that we may grow in awareness of others:
- noticing when someone is unhappy,
- sensing when there’s something wrong for somebody,
- seeing when someone feels cut off or isolated,
- knowing when to say the right word,
- expressing thanks and compliments,
- being thoughtful when someone is ill,
- giving words of encouragement,
- helping someone to feel welcome,
- realizing when someone needs the opportunity to talk.
May we grow in sensitivity towards others. Amen.

So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. Galatians 3:26-27, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, we may come to you, for you have counted us as your children. Our hearts long to come to you, our God and Savior. May your Word bless us and restore us. Give us courageous hearts to bear the distress of our times. Let a light arise in our days so that people care about your will. Then the need on earth shall come to an end, your name shall be honored, and your will be done. Lord God, you alone are our help. Be merciful to us. Stretch out your hand so that all people may turn to you and to your commandments, and your will may be done on earth. Amen.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:35 PM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 4

Prayer for the Morning

Good morning, dear Father; thank you for this day, Help me to follow you in every way. Let me speak as you speak, and do as you do; Let me help others, as you help them, too.

Help me to be honest, don't let me play games, Help me to grow, yet still stay the same. Help me not to be selfish, to give of my heart, my mind and my labor; Give all - not just part.

Help me to love others, my family, my friends, Bless all of my foes, help me make amends. Help me be kind, Father, where I am needed, let Me give warm attention, and see all needs are met.

Help keep me busy, to strive for the best, Help me not to be lazy, but find needed rest. Let me come to you, Father, throughout the day, Often to thank you, often to pray. Amen.

For Guidance in Bringing Others to Christ

Oh Heavenly Father, who has promised to send us a Spirit to lead us, if we but listen and hear his presence in the bustle of life, I pray for your direction and guidance in becoming a disciple of your word. Teach me to spread your truth, to anyone I might see who might be able to hear it. Let me always reach out and show your love to the world through my every action. I pray, Holy Spirit, show me your path in this wayward world. Mold me by the model of your Son, and let me every day approach nearer to his perfect service. Let me, too, be a fisher of men. Show me, teach me, to help guide others to you, in both my words and my deeds. In the name of Christ, I pray, Amen.

Finally, may I go forth filled with the joy and confidence of your Spirit; and may everything I do this day, in word or deed, be done in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. Amen.

Father, you alone are my Strength, my Rock, my Fortress, my Deliverer and my Shield. Jesus, you are my peace. Your Word declares that my enemies will not triumphant over me. Because my ways are pleasing to you, Lord, you make my enemies to be at peace with me. Lord, you are my Shepherd who prepares a table of abundance for me in the presence of my enemies, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Lord, "I asked for health, that I might do greater things; I was given infirmity that I might do better things." ... Sometimes it takes an infirmity to make me slow down enough to turn to You. When one is side-tracked, then one has the time to contemplate one's life and its direction. ... Help me, Lord, to see that my life has too often been like driving in the fast lane. I have sped along without looking at a map, so caught up in my own thoughts and everyday demands that I haven't had time to realize where I am headed. ... I wanted to do "greater things," but now You have let infirmity force me to take time-out. ... Inspire me, Lord, to use this time of recovery to see how I might serve You better. Help me to slow down and sort out the important from the merely self-serving. ... Show me how to make my life more meaningful, that others may be encouraged to know You. Thank You, Lord, for this lesson and for Your patience.

In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

“A Prayer For Pressing On”

Father, You bless those who revere Your name and delight in Your commands. In the midst of inner turmoil or outer conflict I will not be shaken for my heart remains steadfast trusting in You and Your overall plan for my life. As I meditate on Your Word and stand firm in the midst of trials and testings I know that I will not be shaken. I want to remain firmly grounded as I overcome the daily obstacles that come my way. Help me to learn the valuable lessons along the way as I press on toward the goal for which You have called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Many prizes of earthly value are earned on this side, but the prize of greatest worth that offers eternal reward is heaven. I’m headed there and will leave all sorrow, sin, and sadness behind. That will be glory, be glory for me! Amen.

Our Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory forever and ever amen. Establish Your kingdom government in all areas of our government and communities. Raise up leaders who are established in You in our governments, communities, and families. In Jesus' Name, we pray. Amen.

Lord in heaven, please listen to all those who are praying to you now. Those who are sad and crying, those who have lost friends and family. Those who are alone and frightened. Help them to remember, that you are there and you are listening. In Jesus' name, we pray. Amen.

Look Upon Us, O Lord
St. Augustine
Look upon us, O Lord,
and let all the darkness of our souls
vanish before the beams of thy brightness.
Fill us with holy love,
and open to us the treasures of thy wisdom.
All our desire is known unto thee,
therefore perfect what thou hast begun,
and what thy Spirit has awakened us to ask in prayer.
We seek thy face,
turn thy face unto us and show us thy glory.
Then shall our longing be satisfied,
and our peace shall be perfect.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:32 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 5

An Old American Prayer for the Work Day

Almighty God, thank Thee for the job of this day. May I find gladness in all its toil and difficulty, its pleasure and success, and even in its failure and sorrow. I would look always away from myself, and behold the glory and the need of the world, that I may have the will and the strength to bring the gift of gladness to others; that with them I stand to bear the burden and heat of the day and offer Thee the praise of work well done. Amen. ~ Bishop Charles Lewis Slattery, 1903

Oh Lord Jesus Christ, who said to your apostles, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you”; I pray that I and your whole church, the body of all faithful people, will know your peace, and live in harmony and unity, one with another, in accordance with your wishes. This I pray to you, who lives and reigns forever. Amen.

Lord, I thank you for your steadfastness. You will never leave me nor forsake me. You are always with me. You sent the Holy Spirit to be my Comforter, Counselor, Helper, Advocate, Intercessor, Strengthener, Teacher and Guide. I resist fear; I will not be dismayed because you uphold me with your victorious right hand in the name of Jesus.

PRAYER Rx --- February 5

Dear Lord, "I asked for riches, that I might be happy; I was given poverty that I might be wise." ... As I am forced to deal with the situation in which I find myself, I realize that I have often learned more in poverty, how to relate to more people in need, both physically and spiritually, than I would have if I only associated with wealthy friends. ... When I suffered unemployment, lack of funds, worry and illness, it was then that I realized that I needed Your help. I needed Your strength, Your encouragement, and the prayers of Christian friends. ... Through these setbacks, I learned to feel another's suffering and pain. ... Oh Lord, in my adversity, You have been my Rock. Help me to encourage others in their times of need, and to share what I have learned, that You are indeed sufficient in times of trouble!

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

© 1999 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Heavenly Father, I pray that I may not let pride keep me down when it may be mine to be carried to the heights. With tenderness take me out of myself, that I may see how pride deceives, and destroys an humble spirit. Help me to master both stubbornness and pride. Amen.

For Healing

Lord, You invite all who are burdened to come to You. Allow your healing hand to heal me. Touch my soul with Your compassion for others. Touch my heart with Your courage and infinite love for all. Touch my mind with Your wisdom, that my mouth may always proclaim Your praise. Teach me to reach out to You in my need, and help me to lead others to You by my example. Most loving Heart of Jesus, bring me health in body and spirit that I may serve You with all my strength. Touch gently this life which You have created, now and forever. Amen.

Dear Father, I am thankful that You care about the practical matters in this life. Lord, I am asking for Your wisdom and guidance in our financial affairs, as well as all areas of our lives. Father, I ask You to be Lord over our finances. I am asking that You help my husband and I to put all of our financial affairs in divine order. I ask for a generous heart to give when You tell me to give, but I also ask for wisdom and grace to restrain from giving, when I should not give to certain individuals. You know my heart, please remove the wrong ideas I might have in the area of finances and let me have the mind of Christ in all of our financial dealings with others. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:34 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 6

Prayer to Do God’s Will

Oh Lord God, Father Almighty who created me and everything I see and enjoy, blessed and beautiful Jesus, love of my heart, bounteous Holy Spirit of God who is so kind as to be with me and comfort me whenever I ask, I thank you for all that I am and all that I have had in my life. Thy will be done, my God. I ask only that you let me know your will for me, for I am often confused or conflicted, and I seek your guidance. Knowing your will for me, let me be anxious for nothing. And I pray for the strength, the power and the energy, to accomplish your purpose. All glory be to you, one God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who was before time and will be forever, Amen.

Lord, I thank you for your steadfastness. You will never leave me nor forsake me. You are always with me. You sent the Holy Spirit to be my Comforter, Counselor, Helper, Advocate, Intercessor, Strengthener, Teacher and Guide. I resist fear; I will not be dismayed because you uphold me with your victorious right hand in the name of Jesus.

Dear Lord, "I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men; I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God!" ... Oh Lord, we each need to be humbled at times, for it is easy, especially for those in positions of power, to have an excessive estimate of their own self-worth. ... Forgive me, Lord, in my own circumstance, if I get carried away and develop an exaggerated opinion of my authority. Help me, Lord, to keep a proper understanding of WHO YOU ARE, and who I am. ... Remind all who are in positions of leadership, whether in government, business, teaching or parenting, that we each have a duty to lead responsibly, and to set a good example for others to follow. ... Oh Lord, help me in reading this prayer to acknowledge Your sovereignty, Your superior knowledge, Your love and concern for me, and my need to seek Your guidance each day.

Lord God, may I not only feel the need of thee when I am burdened with sorrow and care, but may I have need of thee in my pleasures and joys. I thank thee for thy gracious kindness, thy mercy and thy protection. Amen.

“A Prayer For Endurance During Trials”

Father, we pray that You will help us to grow in Your grace and knowledge, that we will continue to mature in our Christian walk. Scripture, repeatedly, indicates that spiritual maturity is a result of enduring trials of various kinds. In the midst of these trials Your soft prompting or guidance through Scripture, through other believers, and through the circumstances we face can easily be ignored when self gets in the way. Today we make every effort to add to our faith those characteristics that will sustain and grow us in our Christian walk. In doing so we will be effective and productive in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, during times of ease but even more so during times of difficulty. Keep us faithful and keep us growing, in the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:41 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 7

Prayer for the Day (inspired by Jane Austen)

Give me grace Almighty Father, so to pray, as to deserve to be heard, to address you with my heart, as with my lips. You are everywhere present, from you no secret can be hidden. May the knowledge of this, teach me to fix my thoughts on you, with reverence and devotion, that I may not pray in vain.

May I now, and on each return of morning, consider how I will spend the day ahead; what thoughts will prevail in my mind? What words will I speak? Will my actions reflect your will, or my own? How far can I acquit myself of evil, and live in the goodness and beauty of my Lord Christ?

Will I think irreverently of you? Will I disobey your commandments? Will I neglect and make excuses for any known duty, or willingly given pain to any human being? Incline me to ask my heart these questions oh! God, throughout the day, to save me from deceiving myself by pride or vanity.

And give me always a thankful sense of the blessings in which I live, of the many comforts of my lot; that I may not deserve to lose them by discontent or indifference. Hear me almighty God, for his sake who has redeemed me, and taught me thus to pray. Amen.

For Persistence

The little plans I tried to carry
Have failed
O' Dear God.
But, I will not sorrow
I will pause a little while
And try again tomorrow.
Amen.

~ Anushree Karnani

God of love, Father of all, the darkness that covered the earth has given way to the bright dawn of your Word made flesh. Make me and all who confess your holy name people of this light. Make me faithful to your Word that I may bring your life to the waiting world. Grant this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Praying for Others

Lord, even though others misunderstand and talk about me, I will keep right on praying for them. Thank you for giving me the strength to love my enemies, to do good to those who hate me. I ask you to bless those who have hurt me, and pray for their happiness. For now is the time—you are bending down to hear! You are ready with a plentiful supply of love and kindness. Thank you for answering my prayer, for your loving kindness is wonderful; your mercy is so plentiful, so tender and so kind. Nothing – no activity, work, or relationship – has meaning without you as the center of my life. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

Dear Lord, "I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life; I was given life, that I might enjoy all things!" ... Forgive us each, Lord, for too often concentrating on what we don't have, and taking for granted what we do have! ... Help me to resolve to start each day counting my blessings: (1) Any day I can get out of bed is a plus, and I thank You, Lord; (2) If I can't get out of bed, I thank You for a bed in which to rest; (3) I thank You for family and friends; (4) If I have neither family nor friends, I thank you for those who lend me a helping hand; (5) I thank You, Lord, for the beauties of nature around me -- sunrises, sunsets, mountains or plains, country or city parks, flowers and bird songs -- for beauty is often in the eye of the beholder, and help me to be sensitive to Your gift of creation; (6) Thank You for my daily work, and if I am seeking employment, help me not to be above taking temporary employment while seeking Your guidance. ... Oh Lord, help me, while waiting, to learn to enjoy the moment, and to praise You even then.

But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13b-14, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, living source of all that is eternal in us, we come to you and plead with you to strengthen the gifts you have given us. Grant us the light of life in which we can walk in spite of the many burdens and uncertainties of our earthly life. Protect us from deception and disappointment. Strengthen our hope for your steadfast, firm, and eternal rule in us, in many others, and finally in all men. Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for all you have done. Please guide me in this day as I face the unknown. Please help me make the best choices for the path that lies ahead.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:51 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 8

To Keep God in Mind This Day

Lord, let me begin this day in devout meditations, in joy unspeakable, and in blessing and praising You, who has given me such good hope and everlasting consolation.

Lift up my mind above all these little things below, which are apt to distract my thoughts; and keep it above, until my heart is fully resolved to seek You every day, in the path where Jesus has trod before me. Amen.

Meditation

[Living the day in the joy of knowing God.]

Prayer of Supplication

Bow down Your ear, O Lord, hear me, for I am poor and needy. Without you, I have nothing. I pray that this day I will have food, and shelter, and be free of pain and fear. If it is not your will for me to suffer, Lord, I pray that I will not. And above all, cleanse my soul of sin, that I might someday be free of all pain and evil; for, whatever I may bear in this life, I have faith and hope in the life to come, through your goodness and mercy. In Christ's name, I pray, Amen.

Glory to God whose power, working in us, can do infinitely more than we can ask or imagine: Glory to God from generation to generation in the church and in the world, and in Christ Jesus for ever and ever. Amen.

Dear Lord, "I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I hoped for. Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered. I am, among all men, most richly blessed." ... I thank You, Lord, for the difference You have made in my life. Help me as a Christian, to be a person who can make this world a better place, because I have learned to seek Your will and be obedient to it.

In the name of Jesus I pray.

Amen.

* Comment -- This poem became identified with Max Cleland, who closed many of his speeches with it. Cleland was appointed to head the Veteran's Administration in 1977. He was a Vietnam veteran who lost both of his legs and an arm as the result of a grenade explosion in Vietnam.

Lord, we ask you to open our eyes that we may value and appreciate all people, recognizing what we have in common rather than focusing on what our differences might be. Inspire us to distinguish between what is important and what is not, and open our minds and hearts that we may always be people of good will who bring life and joy to others. Amen.

Dear Lord, please help me remember that you will always do what's best when I leave the choice with you.

Help Me to Stay Sober

Dear God,
Thank you for this day. Help me to stay clean and sober, just for this day. Help me to recognize your hand in all things. Thank you for the blessings I understand and the ones I don't. Thank you for the miracles I see and the ones I don't. Thank you for your spirit who always abides in me. I ask that I may be with your spirit today. Cleanse my mind of all darkness and fill it with love and light. Let me be o.k. with this day no matter what it brings. Thank you for everything that's in my life and everything that's not.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:59 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 9

Call to Sunday Worship

O Lord, I beseech you mercifully to hear my prayers, and the prayers of all your people who call upon you; and grant that we may both perceive and know what things we ought to do, and also may have grace and power faithfully to fulfill them; through Jesus Christ your Son our Lord, who is alive and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.

Prayer to Walk with Christ This Week

Dear Heavenly Father, I am learning to understand what your word says. Yet so often I simply hear it or read it and think about applying it, but get no further. I want to do it and intend to do it Lord, but it is gone from my mind so easily. I am deceiving myself if I simply hear it and do not make it a part of my life.

Please help me today, and throughout the coming week, to take one truth and apply it to my circumstances. Let your Holy Spirit nudge me and remind me throughout every day. I know that as I apply what your word says I will find freedom. Please show me what I need to focus on right where I walk today, Father. Help me to be intent on practicing what you reveal to me. I know there is blessing in doing things your way. I give you my will today and this week, to want to do what you show me. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

I pray that I may be blessed every step of my path this day by the great God of light. May your sun shine upon me; as the moon moves the tide, may your Spirit move my emotions with every grace and magic; may my heart sing with the voice of your angels and my hearth be warm; and may this and every blessed day You have given me be filled with joy. Amen.

Dear Heavenly Father, help me to realize that You have a purpose for me right where I am, whether happy or depressed, secure or frightened, well or ill, going forward or marking time. There is always something for me to learn, or something I can do for You, Lord. You can use me every day of my life! Show me how, Lord, show me how.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Lord, you have enriched our lives in many ways, and we remember with thanksgiving all who have loved, cared for, and supported us over the years. Show us how best to use the time and talents you have given each of us, and lead us to grow in appreciation of the contribution that others make. May your Spirit empower us to work well with others and bring out the best in those with whom we share our lives. Amen.

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High, who abides in the shadow of the Almighty, will say to the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress; my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1–2, RSV

Lord our God, we come into your presence, for you are our certainty, our refuge, especially in these times when so much is happening to grieve and trouble us. You are our God and our Savior today and for all time. You have always been our Savior and helper, and you will remain our Savior and helper forever. We praise you and glorify your name. Give a new spirit in our day, we pray, new help through the gospel brought by Jesus Christ. May your name be kept holy, your kingdom come, and your will be done on earth as in heaven. Amen.

Dear Lord, please help me through today. Help me share your wisdom and glory with others so they may benefit from your love.

Dear heavenly Father, I am grateful that You speak to us in many different ways. Thank you for using our elders to speak to us. Help me not only to hear what You are saying, but to also obey what You are saying. Lord, help me to also spend more time studying and meditating on Your Words in the Bible. I know that as I do this, I will have the answers to my problems. I also thank you for encouraging me in Your Word. Lord, bless my family and friends today and may they hear a Word from You. Speak to all of us so that we might be led by the Spirit of God today. I ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Prayer of Thanks
Ralph Waldo Emerson
For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food,
For love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
Father in heaven,
We thank thee.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:27 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 10

O God and Father of all, whom the whole heavens adore: Let the whole earth also worship you, all nations obey you, all tongues confess and bless you, and men and women everywhere love you and serve you in peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord, I pray, Amen.

Dear Heavenly Father, help me to see the "nowness" of my Christian faith. The past is past, and put aside, and the future is in Your hands, Lord, but the "now" is up to me. This is where I either reflect You or not - in how I live today. ... Fill me with Your Spirit, enable me to be more than I am, that I may seize this precious time that will not come again, and live today to Your glory.

In Jesus' holy name I pray.

Amen.
© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord, lover of life, you know the depths of my innermost self, and you understand me. You protect me on every side, shielding me from all harm. When you put me together carefully in my mother’s womb, you knew all about me. I thank you for the wonder of myself and I stand in awe at all that you have made. Guide me in your ways. (from Psalm 138/9)

In that day this song will be sung in the land of Judah: We have a strong city; God makes salvation its walls and ramparts...Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal. Isaiah 26:1-4, NIV

Lord our God, help us find the path that we may walk with confidence because you are our Father. Banish all thoughts that try to depress us. Let your Spirit drive them away. May our hearts become quiet before you, because you, the Almighty, guide everything for man's good on earth. Everything will lead to thanksgiving, to your praise and glory. Be with us at all times, day and night. May our hearts always exult afresh, rejoicing in you, our God and our Savior. Amen.

Dear Father, please help me today. I have many worries and sorrows. Take these from me and guide me as I face the unknown.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:36 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 11

To Help Others This Day

Heavenly Lord, I pray that this day, you will continue to bless me, that I may be a blessing to others. Keep me strong that I may help the weak. Keep me uplifted that I may have words of encouragement for others. I pray for those that are lost and can’t find their way. I pray for those that are misjudged and misunderstood. I pray for those who don’t know you intimately. I pray that others will find your strength, so that they can love and help one another. I pray for those who don’t believe, that they may find you.

And when this world closes in on me, let me remember the example of my Lord and Savior: to slip away and find a quiet place to pray. Remind me, nudge me, let me remember to find you when I’m feel like I'm pushed beyond my limits. In Christ's name, I come to you, Amen.

Meditation

[Let me have words of encouragement for others.]

As I travel through the rest of my day, may the God of hope fill me with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit I may abound in hope. Amen.

Dear Heavenly Father, everyone has the same number of hours in a day. How I use mine will determine the person I become. ... Whether or not I take time to read Your Word and to listen to the leading of the Holy Spirit is a choice that I make daily. ... Help me to see that only by choosing Your way can I be transformed into the likeness of Jesus. ... Oh Lord, I want to choose life, and live it on Your terms.

In Your holy name I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Father, we pray that we may live cheerfully and patiently and positively both in sickness and in health. We bring before you all who are sick and all who care for them... Bring healing of one kind or another to those we know who are ill, afraid or worried. We think of those who suffer from constant sickness or weakness and those who never get well. Father, be with them all, and be with us. Amen

But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. John 16:13, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, grant your Spirit to us, your children. May something from you be revealed on earth so that divine strength and divine truth, not what is only human, are with us in all we do. Keep courage alive in our hearts even when things look dark. May powers of peace and healing be revealed through us because you are near and your kingdom is all around us. You can do all things, also things beyond our understanding. With your help we do what we are able, but we cannot do what you do. We trust in you, and we believe that through your power and your Spirit you will take possession of our whole lives and the lives of the many who sigh in their hearts for absolute truth. Amen.

In Time of Need

Heavenly Father, in my present need, help me to believe that you are aware of my anxiety and will do what is best for me. Give me the strength to trust you and put the present and future in your hands. Grant this through Christ, our Lord. Amen.

At the Start of Day
Psalms 118: 24
This is the day that the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:29 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 12

Prayer for the Morning

Oh Lord, most heavenly Father, Almighty and everlasting God, who has safely brought me to the beginning of this day; I give you thanks for my creation, preservation, and all the blessings of my life. Grant that this day I fall into no sin, neither run into any kind of danger; but that all my doings, being governed by your will, may be righteous in your sight. Through Christ our Lord, I pray. Amen.

Chosen by God

LORD, your Word says that we are to be holy to you, because you are holy, and you have set us apart to be yours. LORD, thank you for choosing us as your treasured possession. You live in us, and walk among us. You are our GOD and we are your people – the sheep of your pasture. We are running over with thanksgiving because you are our Father, and we are your sons and daughters. We will keep our way pure by reading and living according to your Word in the name of Jesus. Amen.

God our Father, open our eyes that we may sense the wonder and awe in the splendour of all your creation - from the stars that are large and far away, to people and the tiniest creatures near us each day. Help us to become more aware of how every living thing is special and to be treated well. Lead us to respect and value every person as unique and important, made in your image and likeness. We ask this prayer through Jesus, who became a human being because you love our world so much. Amen.

Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you; but rejoice that your names are written in heaven. Luke 10:20, RSV

Dear Father in heaven, we thank you with all our hearts for showing your power in us and for overcoming so much that is hostile and that threatens to harm our life. We thank you for the countless wonders you do for our sake. We rejoice and thank you most of all for allowing us to know that you are writing our names in heaven. Where our names are, there we are too. Where our Lord Jesus Christ is, there we want to be too, and our words and our actions should come from him. Keep us faithful in this, and let us serve you with gladness on every path we tread. Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for today. Please give me wisdom and guidance to help those who are in need. Please grant me the patience and understanding to deal with those who are less forgiving, for they are the ones who need help the most.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for giving me the Bible so I can understand Your ways. I also appreciate You giving me the understanding of the verses I read and study. Help me to live my live in accordance with Your Word. Please warn me Lord, when I am straying so that I can stay right on course with You. Help me to be disciplined to read and study the Bible daily. I need this discipline in my prayer life too. Please guide me as I read and guide my prayers so that I might pray the things that are on Your heart. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:39 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 13

Prayer of Thanks for God's Creation

O Lord God of Israel and God of the nations, you are the only God in heaven above or the earth below. I walk before you with all my heart. I bless your name in the morning when I rise and in the evening when I sleep, and all the day when your creation fills my eye. Bless me to remember you this day. When I see and hear the thousand miracles of your creation, let me see them anew, recalling that you have made them, and no other; that I may live in your presence among the common miracles I take for granted. Through Christ I pray, Amen.

Meditation

[I walk before God.]

May I go in peace, with God and with his other children, and may we love one another as Christ taught us. May I follow the example of good men of old, and may God comfort and help me and all who believe in Him, both in this world and in the world which is to come. Amen.

Health

In the name of Jesus I purpose to serve the LORD my God, and your blessing is on my food and water. You promised to take sickness from the midst of me. I am flooded with new life and vitality — spirit, soul and body. Depression that opposes soundness of mind has to leave me. Spiritual weakness and inferiority has no place in me. I prosper and am in health even as my soul prospers in the precious name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Lord, I need mountaintop experiences - quiet times with You. I need Your inspiration and the in-filling of Your Holy Spirit to give me faith, confidence, strength, inner peace, joy and spiritual power! ... But Lord, my work for You has to be done in the valleys of life - in the "hum-drumness" of my daily chores, doesn't it? Help me to remember my mountaintops as You call me to hoe in Your vineyard, and to keep my joy so that others may see You in me.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.
© 2003 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Almighty God, if I am uncertain, and tremble at the crossroads in doubt of the right way, may I wait and be led by thee, and follow on, even if the way be dark and rough. May I be faithful and have thy presence as thou promised at the end. Amen.

God our Father, the Bible reminds us that your love for each of us is great and that you are faithful for ever, never letting us down or forgetting your promises to us. Inspire us to value friendship and loyalty, that we may be faithful to those who love and trust us. We pray that we may live in such a way that we may make others feel welcome and secure. Show us how to look upon other people in the same generous way that you look upon each of us. Extend our horizons that we may understand better those who are far from us. Amen.

Take all that shall be brought upon thee: and in thy sorrow endure, and in thy humiliation keep patience. For gold and silver are tried in the fire, but acceptable men in the furnace of humiliation. Ecclesiasticus 2:4-5, DRA

Lord our God, we thank you for helping us again and again. Praised be your name for all you do for us and for all your help in many dangers and hardships! We trust you completely and have faith in you through Jesus Christ, the Savior. He reveals your grace everywhere, in every hardship, giving us the courage and freedom to look toward your kingdom. Help us remain courageous when we have to face suffering, for we want to be your disciples in Jesus Christ, the Crucified One. He has made suffering holy, that our suffering too may bear fruit for you in time and in eternity. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. Please help me find joy so I may be able to share this joy with others.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:08 PM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 14

May the grace of Christ our Savior, and the Father's boundless love, with the Holy Spirit's favor, rest upon me, and all of us, from above. Thus may we abide in union, with each other and the Lord, and possess, in sweet communion, joys which earth cannot afford.

Father, we read in the Bible that the best way to describe you is to use the word “Love”. Your love for mankind is so great that you sent Jesus, your Son, to live as one of us. We pray that we may appreciate and value one another. God of love, lead us to grow in love. Amen.

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. Romans 5:1-5, NIV

Lord our God, keep us in the grace that is ours through Jesus Christ. Uphold others also in this grace. Reveal yourself everywhere to those who trust in you and who await your kingdom. May your blessing be on our household. We thank you for helping us, and with your help we want to be faithful to you. Then when hardships come, we can be certain of your presence. We know and trust you. We know and trust the Savior, and we know and trust the Holy Spirit, in whom we can have community and be strengthened to serve your glory. Amen.

Heavenly father, we thank you for your great love that even when we do things contrary to your will, you always have mercy on us. When we are not faithful, you remain faithful, when we are not loving, you still love us. When we sin against you, you are always forgiving and cleansing us with your precious blood. Lord, help us to do your will and open our spiritual ears to always listen to your voice as we make all our plans and decisions in Jesus Mighty name…Amen.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:13 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 15

For Each New Morning

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food,
For love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
I thank thee.
Amen.

From a poem by Ralph Waldo Emerson)
For Increase in Wisdom

Dear God, I pray that I may proceed with boldness in the few things I know as a certainty, especially that my eternal salvation can come only from Christ Jesus; that He is my Lord and Savior; and that through my repentance of sin and my faith in Him, I will be saved. May I never shrink from your Great Commission, oh Lord, to share the Gospel with the world, so that those with ears to hear it might join me in salvation; for this is your express command to me, and to all Christians.

But also, I pray that my mind might be open and that I may always have an attitude of seeking and learning, for I realize that on many matters I might be wrong and not know it; or there may be wisdom that I do not even realize exists, awaiting discovery, as I live and grow in my walk with you. Give me grace through your Holy Spirit always to seek wisdom, to admit where I have been mistaken, even in attitudes I have held my entire life. Make me fresh every day in your word, Holy God; and let the light of your wisdom shine throughout the world, that we all might grow in our knowledge and love of you, throughout our lives. Amen.

Meditation

[May I be open to new wisdom and change of mind.]

Now to Him who has given me grace in accordance with His gospel, in keeping with the revelation of the mystery hidden for many ages past, but now revealed and made known by the command of the eternal God, so that all mankind might find the obedience that comes from faith; to the only God, the God of wisdom and truth, be glory forever through His only son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Gracious Father, I pray that thou wilt control my impulses, and protect me from false interpretations. May I have wisdom, and search for the high and holy ways. Help me to be patient for thy purposes, and may my relations to life be triumphant in thy standards. Amen.

God our Father, there are many difficulties and challenges in life, and we see or experience more of them each day we live. Give us the power of your Holy Spirit that we may have courage and determination, and may live in such a way that we encourage one another. Enable us to transform whatever is negative, and remain positive in attitude throughout our lives. Lighten our darkness and keep us safe. Amen.

For this is what the high and exalted One says - he who lives forever, whose name is holy: "I live in a high and holy place, but also with the one who is contrite and lowly in spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite. Isaiah 57:15, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, we thank you that even in need and misery we may feel and know that you are with the weak, for you are mighty in helping your children. You give the weak strength to serve you in spite of all their faults and weaknesses. Make us glad at heart for everything we are allowed to do and experience, because it serves you, your glory, and your kingdom until the day when others also are given eyes to see. Amen.
Post New ThreadReply