Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04-29-2014, 10:36 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon19 Daily Prayers - May

May 1

Oh Heavenly Father, in whom I live and move and have my being, I humbly pray you so to guide and govern me by your Holy Spirit, that in all the joys, occupations, and cares of this day I may never forget you, but remember that I am ever walking in your sight. In Christ's name, I pray, Amen.

Jesus, Son of God, thank You for setting me free to make wise choices. Thank You for giving me wisdom beyond my natural understanding. I purpose to stand firm, and I do not intend to let myself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery to old hang-ups and insecurities. Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty—emancipation from bondage –there is freedom. As a servant of the LORD, I refuse to quarrel; instead, I will be kind to everyone, able to teach, and I am not resentful. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Lord Jesus, how shall we pray?

"Pray to your Father in heaven in this way: 'Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.'" (Matthew 6:9)

We are to reverence His holy name, for He is a sovereign God -- Creator and Overseer of the universe, my world, and my life!

"'Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.'" (Verse 10)

If we seek to know Him and His will through His Word and the promptings of the Holy Spirit, and if we are obedient to His commands, then He will help us to fulfill our greatest potential, and we in turn will be filled with His great joy, and will experience His "kingdom on earth"!

"'Give us this day our daily bread.'" (Verse 11)

Help us to learn to trust You for our needs -- not our wants -- and then to recognize Your surprise blessings as You provide them, remembering always to thank You for them.

In Your holy name we pray.

Amen.

(To be continued tomorrow)

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

My Creator, give me joyful eyes for joyful nature. May I be alive to the gentle influences of a May day which bring new experiences to all who may receive them: and may I serve thee by unfolding to others the love of truth, the love of good, and the love of beauty. Amen.

On this day, Lord, we can celebrate many achievements of humanity as a whole, but never let us forget that each and every individual needs to be held in respect. We pray today for the unemployed and for those unable to work, and we ask you to give success to the work of our hands. Amen.

Dear Father God, I am so thankful to be called a child of God. Forgive me when I fall into the devil's trap of complaining or worrying. Lord, help me to cast my cares upon You, for I know that You care for me. Help me also to not allow contrary circumstances to get me down, but rather, may I remember that I serve a mighty God Who is greater than my circumstances. I do praise You, Lord, and when I think of all the things You have done for me over the years, I am truly grateful. Fill me with Your joy, peace and love daily so that I might serve You with a merry heart. I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

All Things in Order

1 Corinthians 14:26-33

Dear Father, God of intelligibility and peace,

When we come together and each of us has something to contribute, may everything be done to build up the body. Let us do things one by one, or by pairs or triplets at most, so that all may learn and be encouraged.

For you, our God, are not like the pagan gods, a god of confusion and hysteria, but are a god of peace. Let us honor you by doing things decently and in order.

Submitting to your commands of peace and order, I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.

“A Prayer For Valueing Different Gifts”

Father, You have called us, Your servants, to exercise our gifts of prophesying, serving, teaching, encouraging, contributing to the needs of others, leading, and being vessels of Your mercy. Help us not to be fearful or timid in exercising our spiritual gift that flows from Your power within us, since it is not for our glory but rather for the building up of the body of Christ. We are inadequate within ourselves, but fully sufficient according to the grace given us through Your Holy Spirit. We seek affirmation from You, the ministry opportunities You provide us and other mature believers, to confirm our spiritual giftings. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

Lord Jesus, we look to you on the throne beside your Father in heaven and ask that you be Lord of peace in our hearts. Help us to overcome ourselves again and again and to remain at peace. Then your will may be done in your disciples, a power of peace may be around us that goes out into the whole world, and your name may be glorified on earth. For you are Lord of peace, and we await you. In difficult times faith and hope will take hold in our hearts all the more firmly, to your glory, Lord Jesus. For you will suddenly come according to your promise as the One who does God's will on earth among all men. Amen.

Dear Father, I thank you for this day. Please forgive me for what I have done wrong. Grant me the wisdom to understand what I have done wrong so that I may make it right.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2014, 10:37 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 2

All through this day, O Lord, by the power of your quickening Spirit, let me touch the lives of others for good, whether through the word I speak, the prayer I speak, or the life I live. Amen.

Father, You are equipping me to do the work of ministering toward building up the Body of Christ. I am arriving at real mature manhood/womanhood (completeness of personality). When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man/woman, I put childish ways behind me. My life lovingly expresses truth – I speak truly, deal truly and live truly in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Lord Jesus, continue to teach us how we should pray each day, in the same way that You taught Your disciples --

"'And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.'" (Matthew 6:12)

Help us to see that we can only experience your forgiveness after we have forgiven those who have wronged us, for our hearts cannot hold Your complete forgiveness if we reserve one section for bitterness. When we forgive others, then we won't be the ones to suffer illness -- either mentally, physically, or both. We must not condone another's sin, but we do need to forgive the sinner, because You truly do know what is best for us!

"'And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil. *[For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen]'" (Verse 13)

Do not let us be tempted beyond our strength, Lord. Help us, to resist Satan's enticements, as You, Lord Jesus, resisted them in the desert wilderness. Remind us of the commitments that we made when we accepted You as our Lord and Savior -- to God the Father, to You, and to the Holy Spirit, who is our connection with You, our comforter, and our guide to Your truth.**

In Your holy name we pray.

Amen.

** (See John 14:15-21)
* (The earliest manuscripts omit this clause.)

Lord God, may I comprehend the sacredness of friendship. I thank thee for my friends, and for all the beautiful influences which they bring to my life. May I never hold friendship without the sincerity to return it. Correct my faults, and cause me to learn the secret of cheerful endurance, that I may be steadfast. Amen.

God our Father, open our eyes to see the vision that you have for each of us, and lead us to grow in confidence in who we are, and in the faith that you call each of us by name. Show us how to live in such a way that we respect and accept others for who they are, and do not judge them as we ourselves do not want to be judged. Inspire us to be generous in praising others and in showing appreciation for their achievements. Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for the life you have given me. Thank you for giving me a family that is so understanding and supportive of me in everything I do.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 04-30-2014, 01:17 PM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 3

God of mercy, swift to help: as my lips pour forth your praise, fill my heart with the peace you give to those who wait for your salvation in Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Dear Lord, help me to learn not to keep running ahead of You, trying to do it all by myself, solving all my problems and everyone else's, and making "heavy weather." Teach me to turn everything over to You, claiming Your promises, praising Your name, and waiting for Your direction and Your timing. ... My life could be less stressful, couldn't it, Lord, and much more meaningful if only I'd learn. Help me.

In Your holy name I pray.

Amen.

Loving Father, may I lay hold upon the highest standards of friendship and so be qualified to be a friend. May those who call and lean on me feel secure in my support. May none ever be ashamed to call me friend. Grant that those whom I love may keep faith with me. Amen.

Lord Jesus, we read in the Gospels that you brought healing and acceptance to many people, In your love stretch out your hands and touch me and bring healing and wholeness in my life. Amen.

Dear Lord, I thank you for this beautiful day. I ask for your guidance and wisdom as I go into this day. Please grant me the strength and wisdom to overcome the problems I may encounter in this day.

Honor, power and glory. Help us, Master, to see you as you are and obey your command. Our bodies are your temple. Let us show it by our devotion to the one who lives inside of us. May what we are on the inside take its rightful place on the outside in Jesus mighty name. Amen.

Dear Father God, I thank you for showing me daily the path of righteousness and helping me to walk on it. Lord, deliver me from every angry thought so that those thoughts do not become deeds. I desire to have a clean heart and mind. Lord, grant me the strength to perform my responsibilities toward all and most of all, to take care of my responsibilities in the kingdom of God. Help me to make this world a better place to live. Lord, fill me with Your spirit so that I can love others with the love of God. Thank you for your loving kindness toward me and my family. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:17 PM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 4

Prayer of Ambrose of Milan

O Lord, who has mercy upon all, take away from me my sins, and mercifully kindle in me the fire of your Holy Spirit. Take away from me the heart of stone, and give me a heart of flesh, a heart to love and adore you, a heart to delight in you, to follow and to enjoy you, for Christ's sake. Amen.

from a prayer by Ambrose of Milan, 388 A.D.

Meditation

[Take away my heart of stone.]

Confession

Have mercy on me, Oh Lord, for I am a humble and miserable sinner. [At this point, pause to remember specific sins you have committed during the week and speak or think them.] I renounce all of these sins, heavenly Father, and repent of them, and I promise to make every effort not to repeat them.

Have mercy on me, pardon me for these offenses and any I might have omitted from forgetfulness or ignorance; in the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, I pray for forgiveness. And I pray that your Holy Spirit may dwell with me today and throughout the coming week, to comfort me, to give me strength against temptation, and to guide me into the path of righteousness. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, we thank you for guiding us on all our ways with power from on high. We thank you that again and again you have led us through the darkness on a path of light. Looking back, we cannot be thankful enough. May our hearts turn to you and be filled with quiet certainty in all we are still awaiting. Remember us and remember the many who lie under heavy bondage. Let the time come when you will bring a great deliverance to those who are in darkness. Then we can find meaning for our lives in all that happens, knowing that you have been faithful in everything. You have done more than we asked, more than we can understand. Amen.

Dear Father God, I am ever so grateful to have access to a reservoir of wisdom, counsel, and guidance in knowing You. I know when I have a problem I can ask You how to solve it, and You always have the perfect answer. Thank you for sending my answers in many different ways, and through many different people. I have been very blessed by the family of God, as they have reached out to help in so many ways. I do appreciate the prayers of Your people. Lord, bless each person back in the form of their need. I thank you for my brothers and sisters in Christ. Bless them all and meet their needs. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:58 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 5

To Submit My Day to God

Almighty God, who has given me life and breath, and another day: I do not know what this day might bring. For men make plans, and their plans come to naught, as you will it. Thus I take this day out of my hands and submit it to your will. Make me this day your servant, that I might find my hand at the tasks you have meant for me to do, and might do them as well as I can. For there is nothing better than a person should rejoice in his work, to your glory and for the love of his neighbors, as you have commanded us through your Son. In His name, I pray, let my day be yours, and let it be filled with goodness and faith. Amen.

Meditation

[What does God mean for me to do today?]

May the God of hope fill me and all of us with the joy and peace that comes from believing, so that we may abound in hope, by the power of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Father, I thank You for giving me the power of choice. I roll my works upon You…and You will cause my thoughts to become agreeable to Your will. I believe that I will receive whatever I ask for in prayer in the name of Jesus. I will not be afraid; I believe that You keep Your promise because You are righteous. Father, I seek to do Your will by believing in the one You have sent. Jesus is my Lord! Amen

Lord, lead us to be peace-makers, building connections between individuals, focusing on what unites people rather than on what separates us and highlights our differences. Lord, it’s easy to harm relationships; instead, give us the power of your Spirit that we may build up and make new the bonds between people. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for all the good things You have given us. Lord, we want to be like You, so help us do those things that bless You. May our thoughts and deeds be pleasing to You. Deliver us from the evil temptations that would cause us to fall from Your grace. Lord, set us free from all pride, greed and fear. Let us be like You and treat all men around us, fairly and justly. Keep us from manipulation, so that we obey You, no matter what the cost to us personally. Help me to always do the right thing and may the meditations of my heart be pleasing to You. I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Lord our God, we are not worthy of all the mercy and faithfulness you show to us. We thank you for your love and ask you to keep our hearts united in the hope we have together for all things. Keep our hearts united, that again and again we can receive something new from your mighty hand. Keep us true to the calling you have given us. Let light shine out into the world, right into the dark places. Remember those all over the world who are sighing to you, longing that in your great and wonderful goodness light may come to the peoples and to the nations through some deed from your hand. Amen.

Deliver Us From Fear

O Lord, we beseech thee to deliver us from the fear of the unknown future; from fear of failure; from fear of poverty; from fear of bereavement; from fear of loneliness; from fear of sickness and pain; from fear of age; from fear of death. Help us, O Father, by thy grace to love and fear thee only, fill our hearts with cheerful courage and loving trust in thee; through our Lord and Master Jesus Christ.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:09 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 6

Prayer to Treat Others Well

Father, thank you for bringing me into your family. May I never disappoint you in the way I treat others. Teach me to show love, patience, and acceptance to all who come to me; let me show peace of soul and firm conviction that your will governs all. And I pray that others may see in me the qualities of character that can only be attributed to your presence in my life. Make my life a window for your light to shine through and a mirror to reflect your love to all I meet. To you be the glory and the honor, forever and ever, through Jesus my Lord. Amen.

I dedicate this day to you, mighty God. I pray that your Spirit will lift me up this day, and that your face may shine upon me all the day long, that I might do your will and lead a new life in Christ, reborn in the Spirit. Amen.

Father, I thank you for loving me with an everlasting love. With loving-kindness you have drawn me, and you will build me, and I shall be rebuilt. Nothing shall separate me from the love of Christ—not tribulation, distress, persecution, famine, nakedness, peril nor sword—nothing shall separate me from this Love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. I receive your unfailing love for it is my comfort! Amen

Lord, each of us has different talents and abilities. We ask you to inspire us to discover and develop the best within us. Lead us to be both humble and generous in praising others for the good use of their talents. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your abundant love and mercy that You have shown to all of us. I have needed Your mercy on many occasions. When I have called out to You, You have never failed to reach down and restore me when I have failed You, and sinned. I am grateful for Your unchanging love. Help me to be like You and show mercy and love to those around me, even when they have failed me. Cleanse me from all unrighteousness in my heart. May Your love manifest in the body of Christ, so that we truly love one another and serve one another. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Lord our God, we look to you and to Jesus Christ our Savior. Continually renew your grace and your power in our lives, we pray. Renew your grace and power, that we may have light even in dark and distressing times and through the Savior may overcome as we wait faithfully for your kingdom. Help us to be ready to take anything upon ourselves, to serve you with body and soul, with all we have and are. May we belong to the hosts of those who go to meet you, who wait for your coming kingdom, which will bring comfort to the world and to all people who now suffer and grieve. O Lord our God, have mercy on our times and on our world. Grant that with thanks and praise we may soon see the signs of the fulfillment of your promises. Amen.

Dear Father, I thank you for helping me when I need it most. I pray you help me help others when they are in need.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:09 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 7

Prayer for Purity of Thought

Almighty God, who alone gave me the breath of life, and alone can keep alive in me the holy desires your Spirit brings; I pray to you, in the name of your infinite compassion, to sanctify my thoughts and endeavors this day; that I may not begin to act without a pure intention or continue it without your blessing. And grant that, having the eyes of my mind opened to behold things invisible and unseen, I may in heart be inspired by your wisdom, and in work be upheld by your strength, and in the end be accepted by you as your faithful servant; through Jesus Christ our Savior. Amen.

May it please you, my good Lord, that there may come a day when I can repay a little of my great debt to you. O Jesus, strengthen my soul, you who are good above all good; and since you have inclined my soul in this way, show me how I may act for you, whatever it may cost, O Lord. Here is my life, my honor and my will; I have given them all to you and they are yours: use me to do whatever you want. Amen.

Holy Spirit teach me to love the Lord my God with all my passion and prayer and intelligence…. and give me the grace to love others as well as I love myself. I accept and love myself—Your workmanship created in Christ Jesus unto good works. I release Your love that is shed abroad in my heart by the Holy Spirit toward my family, friends and enemies. I will not return evil for evil, but will let my enemies bring out the best in me, not the worst. When someone gives me a hard time, I will respond with the energies of prayer. Father, I love You because You first loved me. Amen

Dear heavenly Father, I am grateful for Your loving kindness toward me. I do appreciate Your grace and mercy in my life. When I come to You asking for forgiveness of my sins, I can feel Your mighty power cleansing me. I do want You to correct me when I need it, as I do not want to get off of the path of holiness. Lord, use me to reach out to those around me with the same love You have shown me. Guide me today in the things that I should do. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with so many things to do. I am trusting You to show me the things that are priority and give me the grace and strength to do them. May I be an instrument of Your love today. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, we thank you with all our hearts because we know you are holding us by your hand and leading us on all our ways, in spite of all contradiction, strife, distress, and confusion within ourselves. What are all these compared to your love, which does not let us go but watches over us and finally brings us to what is good? Release us from our many burdens. Free our spirits and our souls more and more until we can do nothing but give praise and thanks with heart, soul, and strength for all you are to us. Amen.

Dear Lord, You are my light and salvation. With you I am not afraid and have nothing to fear. Thank you for being there for me even when the hour is darkest.

Prayer for Peace in Troubled Times

Dear Lord, in these troubled times make your presence known to all the peoples around the world so that they may see peace as the only way to salvation. Replace the anger and violence in our hearts with joy and tranquility and help us to seek the good in everyone. Cause us all to realize that without you we can do nothing that will bring us peace and joy. Thank you for hearing and answering our prayers. Amen.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:58 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 8

Into your hands, O Lord, Jesus Christ, my God, I commend my spirit. Bless me and all those who pray in faith of You this day; save us and grant unto us everlasting life. Amen.

Heavenly Father, I am not limited in doing what You have called me to do. Jesus, my Lord, said that everything is possible for him who believes. Lord, I believe; help my unbelief. The circumstances, finances, connections, the skilled people and the anointing needed to fulfill your will have already been provided. You have made every provision I will ever need. I affirm that no word from my Father is without power or impossible of fulfillment! I will stand and look to You for all my needs. Amen

Dear Lord, granted that Christians aren't perfect, but surely You want us to try each day to do something for You -- some good Samaritan deed. It need not take too much time or effort; it just takes an awareness, developing a sensitivity to another's needs! ... Lord, forgive me for too often being so engrossed in my own concerns, some of no real importance or urgency, that I forget to notice those around me. ... If all of us who call ourselves Christians would courteously hold a door, or lend a helping hand to a stranger, could it be that we might make our part of the world a better place in which to live? ... Help each of us, Lord, to realize that representing You and being Your "ambassador," is a full-time task.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Lord, God of peace, we thank you for the hopes, the efforts and the achievements which your Spirit of peace has inspired in our days - stirring up love where there was hate, sympathy where there was suspicion, care where there was indifference. Open our minds and our hearts even more to the specific demands which love for others makes upon us, so that we may be more truly makers of peace. Remember, God of mercies, those who are oppressed, those who are suffering and dying for the birth of a world in which all people will be more truly a single human family. May your kingdom come for all people of every race and language - your kingdom of justice, of peace, of love, and may all the earth be filled with your glory. We make our prayer through Jesus Christ, the Prince of Peace. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your promise of wisdom and guidance. Lord, help me to overcome my carnal desires and live to glorify and please You in all of my ways. Fill me with the Holy Spirit daily, so that I can walk in Your power to overcome those things that the devil uses to try and defeat me. Lord, cleanse my heart and mind of the things that do not agree with Your Word. Lord, bless Your people every where and meet their needs this day. Lord, bless each brother and sister in all the countries of the world. Meet their needs, as well as ours, so that we all can share the gospel with others who need You. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

“A Prayer For The Lonely”

Father, thank You for the many Scriptures that reassure us we’re never alone, such as the oft quoted comfort Psalm, “Thou art with me”. It’s when we look solely to other people to cure our loneliness that we neglect the greatest cure which is looking to You and finding guidance and solace in Scripture and in prayer! Help us to hide deeply in our hearts the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, “Surely I am with you always” (Matthew 28:20). His promise that He will never leave us nor forsake us enables us to endure even in the loneliest of circumstances. We are encouraged and strengthened by Your promises and by the presence of Your Holy Spirit which keeps us from being alone for all time. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you giving me the strength to face this day. I ask that you keep me from being caught up in the hidden dangers of the world and guide me so I make it home.

Prayer for Creative Work
Sophy Burnham
O most Glorious and Blessed God, I present myself and this work into Your hands. Do with it as You will. Guide my thoughts. Hold my hands, that You alone are writing (painting, carving) through me, producing whatever You wish me to say. And now, O my Beloved and my Joy, I prostrate myself into Your most loving embrace in thanks that You give me talent, inspiration, discipline to do Your work. Amen. So be it.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:59 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 9

Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Father, I do not fear this day, for you are with me wherever I might go, your light to shine ahead, your footsteps to lead the way. I do not fear this day, for your word will be my guide. Your strength will sustain me and your love revive me, this day and all days. I do not fear this day, for you are with me. In the name of Christ, I call upon you. Amen.

Meditation

[I have no fear.]

Father God as a member of Your royal race, I have been made a king and a priest unto You. I am Your workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do the works You have prepared for me to accomplish. Because I was born for such a time as this, I will make a difference in this generation and influence future generations. You bestowed upon me Your creativity and ingenuity, and they are expanded through the power of the Holy Spirit, which You sent to be my Helper and my Strength. Amen

God of all nations and all people, inspire us to live in your presence each day. On our journey through life lead us to choose the right direction, and show us how to respect and value others, even if we do not agree with them. May we find other people as willing to help us as we are willing to help them. Amen.

Dear Father, life seems so hard at times and I can hardly get through. I close my eyes and hand you my troubles for I know you can do much better than I. Thank you Lord for your blessings and kindness.

Father we are thankful for this Spring morning as we hear the birds already singing your praises. Thank you that you never change, but are still the same one who carries our burdens and gives us your peace in the midst of of our greatest trials. You see the burdens that we carry and you ask us to stop carrying them. You offer us your rest, your assurance that you are in complete control. It may seem that you are not listening, but if we will listen and begin to rejoice in what is in store for us. Will you help us today to rest and not be afraid of tomorrow? You will be there just as you promised you would be!
Old 05-08-2014, 10:43 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 10

Prayer of St. Patrick

Lord, be with me and all who love you, this day:
Within us to purify us;
Above us to draw us up;
Beneath us to sustain us;
Before us to lead us;
Behind us to restrain us;
Around us to protect us.
In Christ's name I pray,
Amen.

by Saint Patrick (389-461 A.D.)
Meditation

[See verse 5 of today's Scripture.]

Prayer for Family and Friends

Blessed are you, loving Father, for all your gifts to me and those close to me. Blessed are you for giving me family and friends to be with me in times of joy and sorrow, to help me in days of need, and to rejoice with me in moments of celebration.

Father, I praise you for your son Jesus, who knew the happiness of family and friends, and in the love of your Holy Spirit. Blessed are you for ever and ever. Amen.

Parting Prayer

Lord, pour your love into my heart, that I may love you above all things, and my neighbors as myself. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Heavenly Father, I would be thankful for the blessings I am inclined to forget. Give me a heart of gratitude, and forbid that I should hold my friends for material gain or selfish ends. May I through the truthfulness of my lips, and the honor of my acts, be a necessary friend. Amen.

We know, Lord, that throughout our lives each of us will experience problems and difficulties. Give us courage and strength at those times and prevent us then from looking only at ourselves. Keep our vision wide so that, even in times of difficulty, we may still be of help to others. Help us not to be bitter towards people or situations, but empower us to take the initiative and break the cycle of hatred, bitterness, and evil actions. Help us to transform the difficulties that come our way into opportunities for personal growth and service of others. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I do want my ways to please You. Help me to walk in Your ways and obey Your Words. I know if You ask anything of me, it is for my good, even if I do not understand some things at the moment. Lord, I cannot love my enemies in my own strength, I need Your supernatural love. Thank You, for fighting my battles for me. Help me to trust You more every day. Lord, I bless my enemies right now with this prayer. Forgive those that would judge me wrongly and say unkind things against me. Lord, deliver them and change their hearts so that they might know Your love and kindness. Help me to also not judge others, but pray for them and really love them the way You love them. I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for all that you have done. Please help me find the forgiveness in my heart that you have shown me. Help me forgive those who have done wrong to me and allow me to be the better person.

Dear Father, Thank You for all good things…please give your prayer warriors strength and perseverance. Help us fight the good fight and never give up. We are a people called to this ministry of prayer and intercession…renew us and equip us by Your grace through Your beloved Son, our Jesus the Christ whom we love dearly. Amen
Old 05-09-2014, 09:32 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 11

For the Spirit of Prayer

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, oh Lord. Let your Holy Spirit guide me in my prayer and in thought, and grant me the grace to listen and hear your Word. Soften my heart, that I may be directed by your truth, and not the devices of my body and mind. In the name of Christ I ask this, Amen.

Meditation

[Soften my heart.]

Prayer to the Holy Spirit to be with Me This Week

In utter humility, before the great multitude of heavenly witnesses, I come before you this morning, Eternal Spirit of God, to offer myself, my soul and body to you. I live in awe of your purity, your justice, and the power of your love. You are the strength and light of my soul, for without you I have neither life nor goodness. I desire never to grieve you by unfaithfulness, and I pray with all my heart to be kept from the smallest sin against you.

Mercifully guard my every thought; and grant that I may always watch for your light, and listen to your voice, and follow your gracious inspirations. Give me grace, O Holy Spirit, Spirit of the Father and the Son, to listen first for your voice in everything I may say or do, this day, during the week to come, and always, Amen.

For Forgiveness

Almighty Father; I enter your presence confessing the things I try to conceal from you and the things I try to conceal from others. I confess the heartbreak, worry, and sorrow I have caused, that make it difficult for others to forgive me, the times I have made it easy for others to do wrong, the harm I have done that makes it hard for me to forgive myself. Lord have mercy on me, and forgive for all my sins against you and against others, through the grace of my Lord, Jesus Christ, Amen.

The Almighty Lord, who is a strong tower to all those who put their trust in him, to whom all things in heaven, in earth, and under the earth, do bow and obey; Be now and evermore my defense; and make me know and feel, that there is no other Name under heaven given to man, in whom, and through whom, I may receive health and salvation, but only the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Father, it is you who creates a pure heart and a steadfast spirit within me. Lord Jesus, thank You for cleansing me. You have blotted out and canceled my transgressions, and you will remember them no longer. You do not keep a record of my sin because I have truly repented and turned from my wicked ways. I am cleansed and pruned by the living word which you have given me. I will not forget all your benefits but affectionately and gratefully bless your name. You heal all my diseases and forgive all my iniquities. Thank you. Amen

Dear Lord, help me to remember that although Your grace and love are free, You really want to build a relationship with me and restore a "oneness" with You. Whether that happens or not depends upon my response, doesn't it? For only if I repent of my sins and shortcomings and want to turn my life around, will I be ready for Kingdom-living now. ... Each time I slip or stray, I need to repent anew, for faith without repentance is not truly sincere, is it?

Help me in the name of Jesus, I pray.

Amen.

Gracious Father, may my heart be mindful of thee, that I may discover the truth and possess it. Steady me in my affections and save me from wandering impulses; and may I help to put wrong down and uplift humanity. Amen.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your many blessings that You send my way each day. Thank you for the many friends that You have sent into my life. Lord, they are priceless treasures. Bless them all today. I want my life to be what You would have to be. Lord, I want You to be satisfied with me, so remove those things that are not pleasing to You. Thank you for Your daily provision. I know that when I have You, that's enough. You will take care of all the things that concern me and that I have need of. May this truth be in the hearts of all of Your children. Thank you for Your mercy and Your amazing grace. I pray in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Lord, no matter how old I get I still feel young and niave. Grant me the wisdom to chose the right path. Guide me for I do not know the way.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:32 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 12

Prayer for the Morning

The night has passed, the sun shines its light upon us, and the day lies open before me. As I rejoice in the gift of this new day, so may the light of your presence fill me with love for you and my fellow man, holy God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Abide with me, I pray, now and forever. Amen.

Meditation

[Freedom from anger.]

Now all glory to you, mighty God, who is able to keep me from falling away and will bring me with great joy into your glorious presence without a single fault. All glory to you who alone are God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are yours before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time, Amen.

Father, in the name of Jesus, I purpose to have the same attitude, purpose and humble mind as my Lord. He is my example for greatness! As a citizen of Your Kingdom, I am standing firm in united spirit and purpose, contending with a single mind for the faith, pursuing the destiny, which You handcrafted just for me. I will not be intimidated in anything by my opponents and adversaries. You are my light and my salvation. Amen

Dear Lord Jesus, remind me that each step that I take in my walk with You counts, not just the goal. If I am to be a Christian, then I must be a Christian person each step of the way. Help me to see that every day of my life contributes something to the person I am becoming, and my conduct influences others around me. Fill me with the Holy Spirit, so that I may stand firm in the trials that I encounter daily. In Your holy name I pray. Amen.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference. Amen.

Father, we come to You in Jesus' most precious name, thanking You for Your love for us. Lord, You see the areas in our lives that are not in balance. We ask that You reveal those to us and help us to walk in the path of righteousness and Your holy balance. Deliver us from error and all that is an abomination to You. Heal us today spirit, soul and body so that we might serve You by walking in a victorious Christian life. Let our lights shine so that truly others might see Your love in us. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:04 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 13

Lord, in utter humility I thank you and glorify you, that you might hear the prayer of one so small as myself, amidst the billions of souls among billions of stars in one of billions of galaxies in your universe. Let me go forth in your peace, keeping your Spirit always in my mind; and bless me, I pray, that I might always follow your will and live in the radiance of your blessing. Amen.

Eternal God, I praise thee, that "thy love is broader than the measure of man's mind," and that through all my years I may hide myself in thee, trusting thee to the end. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I honor You as my King and Lord, I submit myself to You to do Your will. Thank you, for Your love for me. I am grateful that You are a loving and forgiving God. I want to thank You also for the abundant blessings that You have given me. One of those blessings is that I can lay my head down each night and enjoy sweet sleep, and at times, You even speak to me in my dreams. It is such a blessing to have Your love, peace and joy. No amount of money can buy these blessings. I just want to say a special thanks for these gifts. Bless my brothers and sisters with Your love and guidance and lead us all into more truth. I ask this in Jesus name. Amen.

Lord our God, whose light shines out of the darkness and gleams brightly into our hearts, we thank you for all the goodness you allow us to see. We want to see your goodness clearly and have confidence in it, no matter how much around us is dark and disquieting. We want to remain firm and full of trust, looking to what you have put into our hearts so that we may come to know you. Be with us with your Spirit. Lead us to realize ever more clearly that we are made for your honor. Amen.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 05-13-2014, 10:40 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 14

Simple Thanks

For our restful sleep at night,
for the rain and sunshine bright,
For the love that Thou dost send,
For our homes and for each friend,

For the day and all its pleasures,
Grateful thanks I render now.
May our lives pass on the blessings,
None can give to us, but Thou.
Amen.

Now all glory to God, who is able to keep me from falling away and will bring me with great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault. All glory to him who alone is God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are his before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time, Amen.

Heavenly Father, I thank You for Your goodness. In the name of Jesus I cast the whole of my care—all anxieties, worries and concerns—upon You. I know that You love me and care for me, and those for whom I am praying. Today I make all my requests known to You with thanksgiving. I know You hear me, and I believe Your best answers are on the way from the moment I ask. Amen.

Dear Lord, teach me that there will be times of concern when I need to turn everything over to You, to relax, and to trust it all to You -- to "climb my watchtower and wait to see what answer You will give to my complaint."* Remind me that my weakness is Your opportunity to show me that Your strength is sufficient. ... Forgive me for forgetting that You never asked me to bear ALL of my burdens alone.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

* (See Hab. 2:1 -- TLB)

© 2001 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Almighty God, I pray that I may seek sincerely those whom I approach with sympathy, and by my honor may they feel the same sincerity for me. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for always being faithful. Many times I have had needs that I did not know how they would be supplied, but because I sought You for my answer, You always came through with my answers and provided for me. Lord, give all of Your children the wisdom and understanding that they need at this hour, as we live in uncertain times and we need Your guidance. Protect us from the plans of the evil one. Thank you for watching over us and keeping us and our families and friends from harm. Give us strength to live each day that we might delight Your heart. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

“A Prayer For Diligence At Work”

Father, when we’re tempted to be halfhearted in our vocational work or find ourselves bored by monotonous repetition help us to find creative means that will make us even more productive and content in our work assignments. May our conduct and attitude reflect values set forth in Scripture. Make us a blessing so that we bring joy to our co-workers, supervisors, and to the workplace in general. During times of personality conflict or when disagreements arise bring to our memory the Scripture that reminds us that our primary motivation for being a good worker is that we are serving You when we are diligent in our work. Not only in our service do we want to do our best but we also ask You to keep our attitudes in check and our words uplifting in the work place. Help us to be quick to see another co-worker’s need and respond accordingly. May we be slow to judge and find fault with others. Prompt us to be faithful in prayer for our employers, supervisors, co-workers, and the business in which we serve. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.

Lord our God, almighty and holy One, whose glory shines upon the earth so that we may find joy in you and may live rejoicing in all your loving-kindness, spread out your hands in blessing over all men. Spread your blessing over the happy and the sad, over the courageous and the weak. Shepherd them in your love, in the great grace you have given through Jesus Christ, confirmed in us through the Holy Spirit. Do not let us men remain degraded and worthless. Lift our hearts above what is transitory, for you have given us something eternal to live by. Help us every day so that we can reach the goal you have set for us, for many others, and finally for all peoples of the earth. Amen.

Prayer in Time of Trouble
Lord, in every need let me come to You with humble trust saying, "Jesus, help me."
In all my doubts, perplexities, and temptations, Jesus, help me.
In hours of loneliness, weariness, and trials, Jesus, help me.
In the failure of my plans and hopes; in disappointments, troubles, and sorrows, Jesus, help me.
When others fail me and Your grace alone can assist me, help me.
When I throw myself on Your tender love as a father and savior, Jesus, help me.
When my heart is cast down by failure at seeing no good come from my efforts, Jesus, help me.
When I feel impatient and my cross irritates me, Jesus, help me.
When I am ill and my head and hands cannot work and I am lonely, Jesus, help me.
Always, always, in spite of weakness, falls, and shortcomings of every kind, Jesus, help me and never forsake me.
Amen.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:40 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 15

Prayer to Dedicate Oneself to Christ This Day

Almighty God, as I cross the threshold of this day, I commit myself Your care. Mold me in your image. In everything I say and do, let my mind be on the eternal goodness of heaven rather than the vanities of earth, meaningless pride, or the anger and envy that tear apart my precious soul. I dedicate myself to your holiness, Oh sweet and innocent Christ, and pray that you may be with me, to check my tongue before it can speak evil and to stop my hand when it seeks to sin. I come to you as a child. I will look to you for guidance and wisdom. Let me know the joyful feeling of having done something that pleased you; let me never feel the pain of knowing I have disappointed you. And let me live without fear, without confusion, always steady in the certainty of your forgiveness and ultimate victory, I pray, Amen.

Meditation

[Let me check my tongue before it can speak evil.]

Prayer of Praise (from Psalm 86)

Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications. In the day of my trouble I will call upon you: for you will answer me. Among the gods there is none like you, O Lord; and no works like those you have done. All nations whom you have made will come and worship before you, O Lord; and will glorify your name. For you are great, and do wondrous things: you are God alone. Teach me your way, Lord, and I will walk in your truth: unite my heart to fear your name. I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify your name forever. Amen.

Now, to God the Father, who first loved us, and made us accepted in the Beloved; to God the Son, who loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood; to God the Holy Ghost, who sheddeth the love of God abroad in our hearts, be all love and all glory in time and to all eternity. Amen. ~ by John Wesley (1760)

Father, I acknowledge and take to heart this day that the Lord is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other. Empowered by Your Spirit, I purpose to keep Your decrees and commands, which You have given me, so that it may go well with me and my children after me, and that I may live long in the land the Lord my God gives me for all time. To the glory of God the Father, I acknowledge that Jesus is Lord of my home, ministry and the work place. Jesus is Lord of my life! Amen

Dear Lord, I haven't really understood Your Word until I realize that it is full of paradoxes, and until I truly accept Your sovereignty, have I? ... Sometimes You want me to be healed, and my spirit senses this; other times You may use my illness for Your purposes, or to test the depth of my faith. ... Let me learn to "count it all joy,"* and to trust You completely. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

* (See James 1:2)

O God, I pray that thou wilt search me, and in the silent moments show me myself without obstruction. Breathe upon me thy awakening breath, that I may be revived to nobler activities. Amen.

Loving Lord, inspire me to bring out the best in others and “touch hearts” by being welcoming and generous and always positive in attitude, showing individuals that they matter and are important. May those who are part of my life this day treat me in the same way as I treat them. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the many blessings that are mine because I belong to You. I am most blessed. Lord, use me to bless others with the overflow of the blessings You have given me. Lord, encourage Your people today that need hope and faith. Father, remove all vestiges of pride from my heart as I desire to be truly humble before You and others. I trust You to fight my battles for me as I look to You in faith. Thank you for meeting my needs. I know You will never leave me nor forsake me. Bless all my brothers and sisters in the Lord. Amen.

Father in heaven, may we recognize and acknowledge that you are God. You have made us, and not we ourselves, to be your people and the sheep of your pasture. Baptize us with the truth we need throughout our lives. Give us the gift to discern who we are and what we should become. Free our eyes from all deception so that we can no longer delude ourselves with short-lived, earthly things. Clear our eyes to see what is eternal in and around us. Make us children, true children, who awake to exult and rejoice in what is childlike and who give thanks to you, O God, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen.
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply