Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-16-2017, 05:02 AM   #16
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 16

Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent." John 6:29

"God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord." 1 Corinthians 1:9

Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun. Psalm 37:5-6

In Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. Romans 12:5 (NIV)

And since we have been made right in God's sight by the blood of Christ, he will certainly save us from condemnation. Romans 5:9

The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. —Psalm 34:17

Ephesians 5:6-14
Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient. Therefore do not be partners with them.

For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord. Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. It is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. But everything exposed by the light becomes visible—and everything that is illuminated becomes a light. This is why it is said:

“Wake up, sleeper,
rise from the dead,
and Christ will shine on you.”

Share each other’s troubles and problems, and in this way obey the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2017, 05:52 AM   #17
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 17

Matthew 25:21 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’

Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. - Proverbs 3:6

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. (Colossians 3:17).

“Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your souls” (Matthew 11:29).

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. —Psalm 34:18
Old 10-18-2017, 05:50 AM   #18
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 18

Jesus replied, "What is impossible with men is possible with God." Luke 18:27

"He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it." Matthew 10:39

Let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another -- and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25 (NIV)

Thought: Who can you encourage and bring a smile to today?

Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' Matthew 22:37–39

But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. - Jeremiah 17:7

“Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me.” Psalm 23:4a

When you bow down before the Lord and admit your dependence on him, he will lift you up and give you honor. James 4:10

Psalm 42:11 Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:39 AM   #19
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 19

Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. Psalm 34:8

1 Chronicles 16:8 Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done.

"The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise." Proverbs 11:30

Jesus replied, "If anyone loves Me, he will obey My teaching. My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him." John 14:23 (NIV)

Thought: Home sweet home with Jesus. No better way to live!

Then the peace of God, which is beyond our utmost understanding, will keep guard over your hearts and your thoughts, in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7

Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. - Romans 12:2

“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.” Hebrews 13:8

I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need. Philippians 4:13
Old 10-20-2017, 05:49 AM   #20
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 20

Ezekiel 36:26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

Do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Luke 12:22b-23

"I am the LORD, and I do not change..." Malachi 3:6

The LORD redeems his servants; no one will be condemned who takes refuge in him. —Psalm 34:22
Old 10-21-2017, 05:17 AM   #21
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 21

Matthew 25:40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

"The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever." Isaiah 40:8

For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. - James 1:3

Christ is the mighty power of God and the wonderful wisdom of God. 1 Corinthians 1:24

“I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor, who will never leave you. He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth” (John 14:16-17).

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. —2 Corinthians 1:3-4

It is better, if it is God's will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil. — 1 Peter 3:17

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13
Old 10-22-2017, 04:57 AM   #22
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 22

1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." Matthew 24:35

May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you. —1 Thessalonians 3:12

If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. — James 1:5

1 Kings 8:61 And may your hearts be fully committed to the LORD our God, to live by his decrees and obey his commands, as at this time.”

But the Lord said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am too young.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the Lord. – Jeremiah 1:7-8
Old 10-23-2017, 05:25 AM   #23
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 23

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him. 1 John 4:16b-17

1 Peter 5:6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.

"The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble." Psalms 9:9

Luke 18:1 (NIRV) Jesus told His disciples a story. He wanted to show them that they should always pray and not give up.

Thought: Keep praying. Keep persisting. God's answer will come.

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

Whatever is good and perfect comes to us from God above. … He never changes or casts shifting shadows. James 1:17

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. —2 Timothy 1:7

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:13
Old 10-24-2017, 06:16 AM   #24
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 24

Acts 20:35 In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty." Revelation 1:8

For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost. Luke 19:10

For the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have believed that I came from the Father. John 16:27

For we live by believing and not by seeing. - 2 Corinthians 5:7

“Among the gods there is none like you, 0 Lord; no deeds can compare with yours” (Psalm 86:8, NIV).

Those who wait on the Lord will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. — Colossians 3:23-24

Romans 5:1 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
Old 10-25-2017, 07:59 AM   #25
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 25

Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. Ephesians 4:2-3

John 14:18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

"The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places..." Habakkuk 3:19

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world; he who follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12

“By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another” (John 13:35, NIV).

1 Peter 3:13-16 Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good? But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear their threats; do not be frightened.” But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.
Old 10-26-2017, 06:04 AM   #26
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 26

Psalm 100:4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.

So faith comes from hearing, that is, hearing the Good News about Christ. - Romans 10:17

Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. — Psalm 34:8

1 Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:45 AM   #27
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 27

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled." Matthew 5:6

"The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy." Psalms 103:8

Psalms 142:3a (NLT) When I am overwhelmed, you alone know the way I should turn.

Thought: Don't let the maze of life get to you. Your God is Sovereign.

“Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind.” – Philippians 2:1-2

But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. – 2 Corinthians 4:7-9

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. —Ephesians 6:10

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. — Matthew 6:34
Old 10-28-2017, 07:11 AM   #28
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 28

Dear children, keep yourselves from idols. 1 John 5:21

"I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture." John 10:9

...Christ's one act of righteousness brings a right relationship with God and new life for everyone. - Romans 5:18

“But you, dear friends, must continue to build your lives on the foundation of your holy faith. And continue to pray as you are directed by the Holy Spirit” (Jude 20).

I lift up my eyes to the hills -- where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2

Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. —Ephesians 6:11

Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. — Proverbs 29:25
Old 10-29-2017, 06:40 AM   #29
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 29

"The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower." Psalms 18:2

God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. - James 1:12

If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. – James 1:5-6

Let the Lord Jesus Christ take control of you, and don’t think of ways to indulge your evil desires. Romans 13:14
Old 10-30-2017, 05:29 AM   #30
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 30

1 John 3:18 Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.

"I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep." John 10:11

Psalms 142:5 (NLT) Then I pray to you, O Lord. I say, "You are my place of refuge. You are all I really want in life."

Thought: Make this your declaration today.

For, Whoever would love life and see good days must keep their tongue from evil and their lips from deceitful speech. They must turn from evil and do good; they must seek peace and pursue it. 1 Peter 3:10-11

Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. — Matthew 5:5
Post New ThreadReply