Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2014, 10:10 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Change Happens

Change Happens!
Angela L. Craig
Today’s Truth
Isaiah 41:10 (NIV) “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
Friend to Friend
Change happens. Right now as I am writing this devotional, the world is changing. My children are growing-up, I’m facing one of those birthdays with a zero at the end, and the price of gas has probably gone up five cents in the time it has taken me to write this first paragraph.
I am famous for holding on to the illusion that I have total control over my world, but the truth is - I don’t. I have come to realize that whether it is by personal choice or by circumstance, change is inevitable in our lives. How about you? What changes are you facing in your life? I imagine that for many of us, the changes we are facing are not as trivial as growing children and wrinkles. Uninvited change brings with it a river of emotions, doesn’t it? The fear of failure, heart wrenching feelings of loss, obsession with the “what if” questions, and emotional instability are just a few of the things we experience. My personal favorite is the fear that I will never get to the other side of change; that I will be stuck in transition forever.
Luckily for you and I, there is someone who is in control: God! The Bible teaches us that change is one thing in life that is guaranteed, but we don’t have to fear because God is in control and He has plans to do good things! God just needs us to perceive it and believe it (Isaiah 43:18).
Although change is inevitable, there are four ways we can manage the transition with God’s help.
1) Focus on today. Sometimes the big picture can be overwhelming and paralyzing. A very good friend of mine taught me that when I feel overwhelmed by the big picture, I should focus only on the very next thing and let God handle the rest. You will feel insurmountable peace when you practice this exercise.
2) Focus on others. When you serve others, it is impossible to think about yourself. And by the way, doing laundry and dishes does not count. Be the change in your community by volunteering one hour per week in an area of service you are passionate about. Doing good has been scientifically proven to heal, so go for it!
3) Incorporate exercise into your day. Add “sprint” (short duration) exercises to your day. For example, try doing 10 push-ups and 20 sit-ups before getting in the shower or pick up some weights during the commercials of your favorite T.V. show. Adding two or more sprint exercises to your day will increase your endorphin level and relieve stress.

4) Change the way you think about change. Instead of dreading change, embrace it. Instead of thinking, “This change is completely freaking me out. I feel frightened for my future. What if this or that happens?”
Speak these words to yourself instead: “God is my rock and my fortress (Psalm 1), He has a plan to prosper and not harm me (Jeremiah 29:11). I do not need to fear for God is with me (Isaiah 41:10). Nothing is too hard for my God (Jeremiah 32:17) I have great expectation for what God has in mind for my life and I can’t wait to see His plan revealed!”
The secret: when you start matching your thoughts and words with God’s thoughts and words you gain power and courage that you never thought existed!
Let’s Pray
Dear Lord, I need your strength and peace today as I face change. I pray Lord that you will help me keep my eyes on You. Lord, show me the steps I need to take towards the life You have designed for me. Help me to face change with courage and faith. I thank you Lord that Your plan is always for good! In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Now It’s Your Turn
  1. What changes are you facing today? How are you managing them?
  2. Pick from one of the four ways listed above to manage change. Write your goal down on your calendar and take action!
  3. Grab your Bible and make a new statement of faith about the change that is happening in your life.
  4. Pray that God will enable you to change the way you think about change.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply