Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2017, 09:16 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Go through your storm

“Go through your storm!” by Lakisha J

One day, I was driving home and it was raining heavily, almost to the point of me pulling over but I didn’t. I drove about fifteen minutes only to see, I had driven through the storm. Looking out the rearview mirror, the rain was still coming down behind me but in front of me there was clear skies. I thought about this because what if I would have pulled over? I would have wasted time because all I had to do was keep driving. I just assumed it was raining everywhere but what I hadn’t counted in was the fact the forecast only called for scattered showers. All I saw was the rain produced by storm and I allowed it to rattle me. It didn’t matter that I was in a car, covered from getting wet, I was still worried about the storm. It didn’t matter that I was, for the most part, safe because the storm still scared me. However, had I listened to the forecaster, I would have known better but I thought I could handle it on my own. He said scattered showers, he said the storm wouldn’t be bad, he said you’ll be alright if you focus and keep driving but the fear of the storm had me second guessing my decision.

How many times have we allowed the storms of situations, the rain showers of regrets, the thunder of terror, the lightning of lies or the darkness of depression to keep us from moving? How many times have we pulled over in the midst of a spiritual storm and wasted time when dry land is right on the other side? How much time have we missed because the storm looked like it was bad? How many of you have canceled plans because it looked bad outside, only for the sky to clear? How many of you have gone to sleep because of the threat of bad weather, only to get up the next morning and see that it passed you by? Am I the only one or is there someone else out there just as guilty? Guilty of allowing the storm to snatch your sanity, guilty of letting the rain ruin what you should be reaping, guilty of letting darkness delay your deliverance or guilty of allowing the forecast to forfeit your favor. How many times have we discounted the forecaster (God) when we know His power? For the bible says in Psalm 107:29, “He calmed the storm to a whisper and stilled the waves.” I don’t know who this is for but the storm you are in will end but until it does, you cannot stop. When Paul and his men were in the midst of the storm, he trusted God’s report by way of the angel and I’ll tell you like Paul said in Acts 27:25, “So take courage! For I believe God. It will be just as he said.”

We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply