Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2016, 08:24 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Wisdom For Today - May

May 1

Wisdom for Today
When at last we reach the end of our days, how will we look back on our life on this earth? We can be sure that nothing we have gained here in the way of material possessions, will we take with us. No earthly possession will be ours to take; it all must be left behind. But what of the spirit will be ours for the taking? None of us really know the answer, for this is entirely in God's hands. I like to think that the things we may take with us are the things we gave away. If we have given our love and care to another, perhaps we take this love with us. If we have given of our time to help another in need, perhaps we take this spirit of generosity with us. No one knows for sure. But one thing is for sure. When we reach the end of our time here on earth, we can look back and be pleased; or we can look back and be empty.
This question is what is important for each of us. Am I doing that on which I can look back and be proud? Am I treating my fellow man as I would want him to treat me? Am I generous with my time for those that need it? Am I creating the kind of human relationships that are lasting and truthful? Each of these questions can only be answered one day at a time; but I know that if I work the steps and practice the principles of the program in all that I do, one day I will look back and will feel good about what has been accomplished in my life. So I seek to fill my heart with spiritual things and walk the path that is laid before me. Am I seeking good in all that I do?
Meditations for the Heart
Can I call upon the name of God to help me in all that I do? The answer to this question is most certainly, "yes!" Yet it is such an easy thing to forget. God's Spirit is among us at all times, and He stands ready to help us; all we need do is ask. His Spirit is here to help make us better people. His Spirit is here to guide us on our journey. His Spirit is here to help us when we need it. Not just when we need it most, but in all that we do. Sometimes I seem to forget this and hurry into my day without asking for help. I get headstrong, or I get distracted, and I just do not ask for that which I need. I can really tell the difference in my day when I don't ask for help in what I do. I get more easily frustrated. I get off track. I accomplish less. Sometimes I miss the boat completely. The good news is that I can always start again. I can stop and ask for help anytime and know that it will come. Do I ask for help often enough?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
Let me begin this day by turning to you and asking for Your help in all that I do. Give me courage and wisdom to continue to ask for Your help throughout my day. Let me take steps today that add to my spiritual life. Let me seek to help others and to treat all those that I come into contact with as I would want to be treated. Let me seize every opportunity to do good for others in this day.
Amen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply