Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-02-2017, 01:02 PM   #136
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

APPRECIATION

"You can never get to peace and inner security without first acknowledging all of the good things in your life. If you're forever wanting and longing for more without first appreciating things the way they are, you'll stay in discord."
-- Doc Childre and Howard Martin

Develop an attitude of gratitude. We discover a sense of wholeness as we appreciate both the small and big things in our lives. And it really helps to remember to appreciate ourselves. Appreciation is more than just acceptance -- it's respect and admiration. Let go of criticism and self-abuse.

"Generally, appreciation means some blend of thankfulness, admiration, approval, and gratitude. In the financial world, something that 'appreciates' grows in value. With the power tool of appreciation, you get the benefit of both perspectives: as you learn to be consistently thankful and approving, your life will grow in value."
-- Doc Childre and Howard Martin

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2017, 01:03 PM   #137
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

OPEN TO AWARENESS

"Mindfulness means moment-to-moment, non-judgmental awareness. It is cultivated by refining our capacity to pay attention, intentionally, in the present moment, and then sustaining that attention over time as best we can. In the process, we become more in touch with our life as it is unfolding."
-- Myla & Jon Kabat-Zinn

Why do we want to become more aware?

If we remain unaware, we:

repeat the past,
remain stuck in relationships,
live superficial, literal and one dimensional lives,
lack experiences of love and beauty, and
have limited connection to others and the universe.
With awareness, we are fully involved with life. Awareness is sensing deeply and sensitively for what really is. To do this, we need to approach the present as totally new. When we can be open and attentive in each moment, we begin to free ourselves from the conditioning of the past and the suffering that it so often brings.

"If moment by moment you can keep your mind clear then nothing will confuse you."
-- Sheng Yen

*** Awareness is the key to all change. Begin to trust yourself more deeply as you uncover new dimensions of who you are.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-07-2017, 03:32 PM   #138
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

RAISE YOUR AWARENESS

"Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts."
-- Albert Einstein

Take awareness to new levels. Explore experiencing yourself in the act of being aware. Be aware of awareness itself. To do this, we need to go beyond our old mechanical patterns, compulsions and rejections. We need to uproot the arrogance of ego.

Higher awareness is conscious of spirit and form working together. We must be conscious and present within before we can tune in to the guidance of our soul. Develop awareness to hear the subtlest whispers of intuition through your thoughts, feelings and sensations.

"Most of us are in touch with our intuition whether we know it or not, but we're usually in the habit of doubting or contradicting it so automatically that we don't even know it has spoken."
-- Shakti Gawain

*** Step by step, progressively learn basic meditation methods to relax, concentrate, focus, reflect, contemplate and illuminate.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-07-2017, 03:34 PM   #139
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

SELF TALK IS REVEALING

"If you wish to know the mind of a man, listen to his words."
-- Chinese Proverb

What passes over your lips each day?

Are your words typically negative, critical, gossiping, deceptive, illusory, justifying, blaming, manipulative and argumentative? Are they more uplifting, inspirational, positive, questioning, beautiful, loving, universal, truthful, accepting and supportive?

The throat is our center of expression. Who we are sneaks out in our attitudes and in what we say.

"Handle them carefully, for words have more power than atom bombs."
-- Pearl Strachan Hurd

"The wise weigh their words on a scale with gold."
-- Bible

Access your own inner wisdom by tapping into your subconscious and intuition. Release stress, blocks and negative emotions, and spark imagination and greater vision.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-07-2017, 03:35 PM   #140
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

DEEPER COMMUNICATION

"Once a human being has arrived on this earth, communication is the largest single factor determining what kinds of relationships he makes with others and what happens to him in the world about him."
-- Virginia Satir

How do you typically communicate? Is it through words, gestures, emotions, thoughts, desires, needs, truths, direct perception or intuition? Do you focus more on the other person or on yourself? Do you typically tell, ask or listen?

For a few days, set an intention to be aware of your communication styles and skills. After you’ve spent some time talking with someone, reflect on what your underlying motives were and what level of depth you reached. Write your insights in your journal. This exercise will help you become more aware and conscious of who you are and why you do what you do.

"We need people in our lives with whom we can be as open as possible. To have real conversation with people may seem like such a simple, obvious suggestion, but it involves courage and risk."
-- Thomas Moore

"You must speak straight so that your words may go as sunlight to our hearts."
-- Cochise

Become aware of your subconscious limitations, your character strengths, weaknesses and potentials, your life challenges, gifts, talents, and your deepest desires and aspirations.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-07-2017, 03:37 PM   #141
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

HEAL DUALITIES

"Beware of the fury of the patient man."
-- John Dryden

Our minds perceive and give relative value - positive and negative - to the different sides of a duality. We usually shun the negative.

It's important to know that you cannot eliminate the negative by focusing exclusively on the positive. Energetically, both opposites must remain in balance. Increase one and its opposite will also increase. Try to be only positive and the negative within you will raise its ugly head.

We work with dualities by remembering that each is part of the whole. We must acknowledge and accept all aspects of life, because they all exist within us. And so, if we seek to be honest, we do so by acknowledging our potential to be dishonest. We can also bring in love and compassion when we catch ourselves acting out the negative.

Power arises out of integrating the positive and negatives within us. From the tension that exists between the two, we develop awareness and become more conscious and compassionate.

"Any fool can run towards the light. It takes a master with courage to turn and face the darkness and shine his own light there."
-- Leslie Fieger - author of the Delfin Knowledge System

Our process is clear. First 'know yourself' - your personality and direction in life. Then 'create a plan'. Next 'heal yourself and what holds you back. Then you can expand and 'grow yourself'. Are you ready to commit to changing your life for the better?

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-10-2017, 09:41 AM   #142
YanKeeGal

I know what you mean. I have meant many people who were zealous for one cause or another. I would gently tell them, you need balance in your life. If we did not have bad we could not compare it to the good. If we did not have bad things we would not appreciate the good things in our lives. The bad help us to see there is a way other than bad and we have the choice to pursue it. Nice post. ty
YanKeeGal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to YanKeeGal For Sharing:
Old 12-10-2017, 12:39 PM   #143
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Thank you. These are from Higher Awareness, used with permission. I get them in an e-mail. I find them to be good living recovery skills.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-15-2017, 09:55 AM   #144
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

DAILY FORGIVENESS

"As long as you don't forgive, who and whatever it is will occupy rent-free space in your mind."
-- Isabelle Holland

We cannot avoid daily resentment and thoughts of guilt. They are a part of human nature. What we can do is release their grip on us. We can forgive others and ourselves daily.

Forgiveness requires nothing in return. There are no conditions. It gets rid of old baggage and clears up unfinished business. It leads us to a life of authenticity, lightness and directness. Forgiveness is the highest form of letting go of resentment and ego.

True forgiveness is more than an apology, understanding and acceptance. There is an element of recreating and re-imagining. There is a need to envision ourselves as more loving, interdependent, courageous and compassionate. Forgiveness requires honouring the sacred journey of learning about life - our life and others'.

"Whatever we have done, we can always make amends for it without ever looking back in guilt or sorrow."
-- Eknath Easwaran

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-15-2017, 09:55 AM   #145
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

RAISING YOUR SIGHTS

"A human being is a part of the whole, called by us ‘Universe,’ a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest - a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. Nobody is able to achieve this completely, but the striving for such achievement is in itself a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."
-- Albert Einstein

To grow in consciousness, we expand our perspectives on life. So how do we do that? The more we work with the universal -- the concept of unity and wholeness, the more everything makes sense. Parts have meaning when they are understood to be parts of a bigger picture.

Consciousness is all about relationships -- especially how the lower relates to the higher and how the darkness can exist within the light. Hold and experience contradictions like anger with love. Let opposites coexist in you without choosing one over the other.

"Higher consciousness, enLIGHTenment, comes from meaningful experiences and lessons passed with the understanding that there truly is only one law - the Law of Love. When one leads a life expressing this belief, the mind and heart begin to open to new realities, and other dimensional truths become known."
-- Dr. Norma Milanovich & Dr. Shirley McCune

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-15-2017, 09:56 AM   #146
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

THE PARADOX OF LIFE'S JOURNEY

"It is only when we realize that life is taking us nowhere that it begins to have meaning."
-- P.D. Ouspensky

"All major mystical traditions have recognized that there is a paradox at the heart of the journey of return to Origin. ...Put simply, this is that we are already what we seek, and that what we are looking for on the Path with such an intensity of striving and passion and discipline is already within and around us at all moments. The journey and all its different ordeals are all emanations of the One Spirit that is manifesting everything in all dimensions; every rung of the ladder we climb toward final awareness is made of the divine stuff of awareness itself; Divine Consciousness is at once creating and manifesting all things and acting in and as all things in various states of self-disguise throughout all the different levels and dimensions of the universe."
-- Andrew Harvey

"Look at you, you madman, Screaming you are thirsty And are dying in a desert when all around you there is nothing but water!"
-- Kabir

"After changes upon changes, we are more or less the same."
-- Paul Simon

Access your own inner wisdom by tapping into your subconscious and intuition. Release stress, blocks and negative emotions, and spark imagination and greater vision.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-15-2017, 09:57 AM   #147
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

SING YOUR OWN SONG

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparable."
-- Brenda Ueland

Great forces are directing you to conform to the patterns of your society. You have DNA that has been handed down from generation to generation, coding repeated behaviour patterns into your being. You have archetypal energies setting the standards for how you behave as a man or a woman, as husband or wife, as father or mother .... You are immersed in consensual reality, whereby the world around you reflects societal understanding of how life has been and is to be.

At the same time, you have an even greater force within you inspiring you to wake up and recognize the reality of who you are. This force, the creative power underlying the entire universe, is urging you to create brand new standards of reality.

The status quo is blind to our creative power. Create a brand new world for yourself, one that meets your deepest needs, and you will help raise the quality of consciousness of the entire world.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
-- Gandhi

*** Do you feel an urge or calling in you to be or do more? Then honour it and open to more meaning and fulfillment by exploring your life purpose. Maybe it is time to do life instead of life doing you!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-15-2017, 09:58 AM   #148
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

STAR CONNECTIONS

"The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self. The energy of the stars becomes us. We become the energy of the stars. Stardust and spirit unite and we begin: One with the universe. Whole and holy."
-- Dennis J. Kucinich

Ponder the spectre of yourself as one human being in the over six billion people on Earth. See Earth as one tiny planet in a galaxy of billions of stars, and that galaxy as just one of billions of galaxies in our expanding universe. We are so minute as to be nonexistent. And yet, we have the power to visualize, to imagine the entirety of the cosmos.

In your journal, write about the paradox of being both microscopic and immense.

"I think we would be able to live in this world more peaceably if our spirituality were to come from looking not just into infinity but very closely at the world around us -- and appreciating its depth and divinity."
-- Thomas Moore

"I would rather live in a world where my life is surrounded by mystery than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it."
-- Harry Emerson Fosdick

Access your own inner wisdom by tapping into your subconscious and intuition. Release stress, blocks and negative emotions, and spark imagination and greater vision. Go deeper....

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-23-2017, 12:09 PM   #149
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

WHAT ARE YOUR PRIORITIES FOR TODAY?

"Most people are so busy knocking themselves out trying to do everything they think they should do, they never get around to do what they want to do."
-- Kathleen Winsor

When we clearly set an intention, our conscious and subconscious minds mobilize to help us meet that intention. At the start of each day, thoroughly review what commitments you have made to others for the day, and decide what commitment(s) you will make for yourself.

What can you do today that will move you one step closer to your personal goals? Own your power to choose to meet your own needs. After all, we are much better able to help others when our own needs are met. And at the end of the day, when you've honoured your commitment to yourself, acknowledge your success.

"If you want to make good use of your time, you've got to know what's most important and then give it all you've got."
-- Lee Iacocca

Never have time for what you really want in life? Get control of where you are going and how to get there and enjoy the time of your life.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-23-2017, 12:11 PM   #150
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

LET GO OF THE PAST

"Your journey has molded you for your greater good, and it was exactly what it needed to be. Don't think that you've lost time. There is no short-cutting to life. It took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the now. And now is right on time."
-- Asha Tyson

No regrets. As we become more aware, we begin to realize that there's a purpose to everything that happens. This builds our trust, and supports us in being willing to be more open and daring to really experience life as it unfolds.

If we pay attention to what's happening in each moment, we will discover that life continually brings us opportunities to heal our past wounds. When a painful memory surfaces, we can take the time to feel it fully, give compassion to ourselves and any others and allow the energy to release. As we deal with the past in this way IN THE PRESENT, we free ourselves to more fully connect with life.

"The next message you need is right where you are."
-- Ram Dass

*** Awareness is the key to all change. Begin to trust yourself more deeply as you uncover new dimensions of who you are.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply