Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-01-2017, 06:19 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon23 Bible Verses - December

December 1

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

Without wood a fire goes out; without gossip quarrels cease. (TLV) - Proverbs 26:20

Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

"O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever." Psalms 107:1
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2017, 01:52 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 2

Sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth. Sing to the Lord, praise his name; proclaim his salvation day after day. – Psalm 96:1-2

Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 1 John 4:8

Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

"Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin." Psalms 51:2

Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2

She [Mary] will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins. —Matthew 1:21

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. — Colossians 3:12

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. – 1 Peter 5:8-9
Old 12-03-2017, 05:01 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 3

The Lord has done it this very day; let us rejoice today and be glad. Lord, save us! Lord, grant us success! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord. From the house of the Lord we bless you. Psalm 118:24-26

So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless. - 1 Corinthians 15:58

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. – 1 Peter 5:8-9

Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path. Psalm 119:105

“The unfailing love of the Lord never ends!. . . Great is his faithfulness” (Lamentations 3:22-23).

You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Psalm 16:11

Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage." Galatians 5:1

Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong.And do everything with love. - 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Hosea 6:3 Let us acknowledge the LORD; let us press on to acknowledge him. As surely as the sun rises, he will appear; he will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth.”

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13
Old 12-04-2017, 06:51 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 4

Ephesians 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God — 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

"When a man's ways please the LORD, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him." Proverbs 16:7

Turn my eyes from worthless things, and give me life through your word. Psalm 119:37

“Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me” (Psalm 119:133, NIV).

Therefore, put on every piece of God's armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. - Ephesians 6:13

Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. – 2 Timothy 2:22

“Keep me from deceitful ways” (Psalm 119:29, NIV).

Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. — 1 Peter 2:11

"Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel." Isaiah 7:14
Old 12-05-2017, 04:28 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 5

Isaiah 53:5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. Matthew 28:19-20

So we must listen very carefully to the truth we have heard, or we may drift away from it. - Hebrews 2:1

II Thessalonians 1:11 (NLT): So we keep on praying for you, asking our God to enable you to live a life worthy of his call. May he give you the power to accomplish all the good things your faith prompts you to do.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I thank You that You have given us everything we need to overcome every situation in our lives. Help us to tap into that power. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

May my prayer be set before you like incense; may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice. – Psalm 141:2
Old 12-06-2017, 07:38 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 6

(3) My foes trample me all day. For many are fighting me arrogantly. (4) In a day when I am afraid, I will put my trust in You. (5) In God – I keep praising His word – in God I trust, I will not fear. What can mere flesh do to me? (TLV) - Psalm 56:3-4

Luke 10:16 “Whoever listens to you listens to me; whoever rejects you rejects me; but whoever rejects me rejects him who sent me.”

"When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek." Psalms 27:8

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

"Come!" say the Spirit and the bride. "Come!" let each hearer reply. Come forward, you who are thirsty; accept the water of life, a free gift to all who desire it. Revelation 22:17

Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. - Psalm 91:1

"The joy of the Lord is my strength." (Nehemiah 8:10)

Accept each other just as Christ has accepted you. Romans 15:7

Keep me safe, my God, for in you I take refuge. I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.” – Psalm 16:1-2

"For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee." Isaiah 41:13
Old 12-07-2017, 05:09 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 7

Matthew 25:40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

You may say to yourself, "My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me." But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth. Deuteronomy 8:17-18a

John 13:35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.

Isaiah 58:11, NLT "The LORD will guide you continually, giving you water when you are dry and restoring your strength. You will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring."

So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father's one and only Son. - John 1:14

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. John 11:25

Therefore, put on every piece of God's armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. Ephesians 6:13

Colossians 4:6 — Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:20 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 8

Matthew 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

"That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life." John 3:15

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10

Keep your lifestyle free from the love of money, and be content with what you have. (TLV) - Hebrews 13:5a

"Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles." Proverbs 21:23

So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content. - 1 Timothy 6:8

“Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world.” (Psalm 46:10 NLT)

Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure. – Psalm 16:5

Titus 3:4-7 4 But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:12 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 9

We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. 1 John 4:13

Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

I instruct you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths. Proverbs 4:11

But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul. Deuteronomy 4:29

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1
Old 12-10-2017, 07:49 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 10

(4) Behold, God is my helper; the Lord is the upholder of my life. (7) For He has delivered me from every trouble, and my eye has looked in triumph on my enemies. (ESV) - Psalms 54:4,7

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin? Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 7:24-25

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. —John 3:16

John 1:1-3 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:59 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 11

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." John 8:12

He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. 1 John 2:2

Keep me safe, my God, for in you I take refuge. I say to the Lord, "You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing. Psalm 16:1–2

“For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.” - 1 Corinthians 12:13

Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. – John 17:3

Humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and in his good time he will honor you. 1 Peter 5:6

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. —John 3:17

"Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us." Matthew 1:23
Old 12-12-2017, 06:12 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 12

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21

Hebrews 13:5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28

Hebrews 13:16 (NLT) And don't forget to do good and to share with those in need. These are the sacrifices that please God.

Thought: Look around. Opportunities are everywhere.

In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8

...but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life. —John 4:14

Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. — Matthew 5:7
Old 12-13-2017, 06:40 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 13

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

“Jesus told him, ‘I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me'” (John 14:6).

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. —Romans 8:38-39
Old 12-14-2017, 06:41 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 14

Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

"Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh." Matthew 24:44

Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. Ephesians 4:3

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and for ever. Hebrews 13:8

God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another. - 1 Peter 4:10

“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” - Isaiah 9:6

2 Peter 3:9 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ. – 2 Corinthians 4:6

Today’s Scripture: II Thessalonians 2:13 (NLT): As for us, we can’t help but thank God for you, dear brothers and sisters loved by the Lord. We are always thankful that God chose you to be among the first to experience salvation—a salvation that came through the Spirit who makes you holy and through your belief in the truth.

Today’s Thought: It is an awesome thought to know that we are loved by the King of Kings. Let’s live our lives as royalty.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for loving me. Help to live my life as You see me. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. — Colossians 3:17
Post New ThreadReply