Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-28-2015, 04:47 AM   #31
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

SEEK YOUR LIMITS AND BEYOND

"If you're proactive, you don't have to wait for circumstances or other people to create perspective expanding experiences. You can consciously create your own."
-- Stephen Covey

Connect with the edge, the unknown, of your experience. Allow this pull towards unexplored territory to take you to new dimensions of yourself. Allow life to touch you in new ways. For this is how we truly live life. Become more alive as you grow through your consciousness barriers. Ask questions that seek answers beyond yourself. The depth of life is revealed as you go further into it.

"Nothing is lost upon a man who is bent upon growth; nothing wasted on one who is always preparing for - life by keeping eyes, mind and heart open to nature, men, books, experience - and what he gathers serves him at unexpected moments in unforeseen ways."
-- Hamilton Wright Mabie

"Nurture great thoughts, for you will never go higher than your thoughts."
--Benjamin Disraeli

Explore what blocks and how to enhance intuition. Your answers and guidance lie within.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2015, 04:50 AM   #32
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

THE POWER OF SILENCE

"Growth takes place in a person by working at a deep inner level in a sustained atmosphere of silence."
-- Dr. Ira Progoff

How can we hear our wise voice of intuition if we are always thinking, talking and distracted by outer events?

If we take time daily to experience physical stillness and to direct our attention inside, we can begin to find the peace, love, will and wisdom that exist as our essence.

"Only when one is connected to one's own core is one connected to others... And, for me, the core, the inner spring, can best be refound through solitude."
-- Anne Morrow Lindbergh

"In the sweet territory of silence we touch the mystery. It's the place of reflection and contemplation, and it's the place where we can connect with the deep knowing, to the deep wisdom way."
-- Angeles Arrien

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-02-2016, 11:13 PM   #33
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

SLOW DOWN AND ENJOY

"Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Racing through life is very stressful. If we stay in high gear too long, we lose our ability to shift down. And when we're stressed, we can't access happiness, appreciation, fun, compassion, generosity, awareness of beauty and other wonderful qualities. High stress also triggers negative emotions like frustration, impatience, anger and fear.

Life has so much to offer if we will slow down and truly experience it. We must always remember that we are the ones in control of the accelerator. We CAN choose to brake.

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast -- you also miss the sense of where you are going and why."
-- Eddie Cantor

Never have time for what you really want in life? Take control of the time of your life by changing your mind.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-02-2016, 11:20 PM   #34
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

OPEN TO TRUST

"When I grip the wheel too tight, I find I lose control."
-- Steve Rapson

WE SEEK TO CONTROL OUR LIVES WHEN WE DO NOT TRUST, WHEN WE DO NOT LOVE. Our ego, perceiving itself to be vulnerable and insecure, uses control in an effort to protect itself.

At the root of our need to control, we find FEAR. It may be fear of the unknown. Fear of not coping. Fear of loss. Or possibly even fear of looking stupid. And as our efforts to control other people and events invariably fail, our fear increases.

Trust, on the other hand, is a quality of the soul. While control is a tool of the mind, TRUST AND FAITH ARE ASPECTS OF THE HEART. Trust comes with the deep knowing that we are spiritual beings in physical bodies. When we trust enough in life to give up our need to control, we can relax and open to the flow of energy in our lives. This brings peace of mind.

"The only real security in life lies in relishing life's insecurity."
-- M. Scott Peck

"Do not abandon trust when your ego thinks things should be different than they are."
-- Wayne Dyer

Discover the power of trusting yourself. Connect with your inner guidance that knows the way. Life can be easier and more fulfilling.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-06-2016, 03:06 AM   #35
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

DIRECT YOUR SUBCONSCIOUS MIND

"The power to move the world is in the subconscious mind."
-- William James

Our subconscious mind creates our lives perfectly according to how it has been programmed. It works 24 hours of every day, 365 days per year. It accepts instructions from the conscious mind, checks on old inner programming and executes.

The subconscious mind acts on old beliefs stored over a lifetime. Many of those beliefs you may have accepted without thinking. Or you may have absorbed them when you were too young to exercise choice. Many of the beliefs that govern your life may no longer match what you now hold to be true.

Nonetheless, the subconscious mind is the director till you rewrite the scripts. Put some effort into getting it working on your positive, conscious intentions instead of your old limiting, unconscious beliefs and your life will change.

"If a man devotes himself to the instructions of his own unconscious, it can bestow this gift [of renewal], so that suddenly life, which has been stale and dull, turns into a rich unending inner adventure, full of creative possibilities."
-- Marie-Louise von Franz

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-06-2016, 03:09 AM   #36
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

IT'S OKAY TO DREAM!

"Don't discard your fantasies as merely wishful thinking. Honor them as messages from the deepest part of your being about what you can do and directions you can choose."
-- Sanaya Roman and Duane Packer

What are your deepest heart-felt desires, dreams and visions?

Our deepest desires and dreams align with the essence of who we are. The more we align with that essence, the more our life holds meaning, purpose and fulfilment. Do you have a sense of your destiny?

"Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born."
-- Dale E. Turner

"Everybody builds a dream in their lifetime. You're either going to build your dream, or somebody else's. So build your own!"
-- Christopher LaBrec

*** Do you feel an urge or calling in you to be or do more? Then honour it and open to more meaning and fulfillment by exploring your life purpose. Maybe it is time to do life instead of life doing you!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-06-2016, 03:21 AM   #37
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

PERSONAL POWER

"The deep root of failure in our lives is to think, 'Oh how useless and powerless I am.' It is essential to think strongly and forcefully, 'I can do it,' without boasting or fretting."
-- Dalai Lama

Angeles Arrien says that whether we are male or female, we need to develop three kinds of power. People who hold these three powers cannot be ignored.

Power of presence - Being really present in each moment
Power of communication - Speaking my truth
Power of position - Being willing to take a stand
"A man's true state of power and riches is to be in himself."
-- Henry Ward Beecher

"We are no longer puppets being manipulated by outside powerful forces; we become the powerful force ourselves."
-- Leo Buscaglia

What is personality? What is soul? How do they interact? Experience the power of living soulfully in the present moment.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-08-2016, 12:32 PM   #38
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

DO YOU BELIEVE IN YOURSELF?

"We cannot rise higher than our thought of ourselves."
-- Orison Swett Marden

What do you believe about yourself?

If you are experiencing a lack of something in your life, chances are that you hold a belief in your subconscious that says you aren't worthy of having that quality. Write in your journal the answer to these questions for yourself:

Where are you not good enough, not worthy enough?
How willing are you to receive?
"We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
-- e. e. cummings

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-08-2016, 12:35 PM   #39
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

BE OPEN TO CHANGE

"Balance is a dynamic process; it changes with the days, the seasons, the years."
-- Sherrill Sellman

How rigid are your routines? Do you exercise for 30 minutes, three times each week no matter how you feel?

Routines and structure can provide a valuable framework to bring discipline to our lives. At the same time, we are always changing and it's wise to be sensitive to our physical, emotional and mental states so we can ensure that our activities truly meet our needs. We need to be willing to change our patterns when our practices no longer serve us.

"Only in growth, reform, and change, paradoxically enough, is true security to be found."
-- Anne Morrow Lindbergh

"The smallest change in perspective can transform a life. What tiny attitude adjustment might turn your world around?"
-- Oprah

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-17-2016, 06:03 PM   #40
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

HOW DO YOU WORK WITH ANGER?

"Character isn't inherited. One builds it daily by the way one thinks and acts, thought by thought, action by action. If one lets fear or hate or anger take possession of the mind, they become self-forged chains."
-- Helen Douglas

How do you feel about anger, in yourself and in others?
How do you deal with it?

Anger is powerful energy. If we are afraid of this energy, we may attempt to deny or hide it. And when we lack control of the energy of anger, we impose it on other people or things.

The ways we react to anger usually reflect how we experienced anger as children and how our own anger when we were young was handled by the adults at the time.

In reality, anger, like any emotion, brings us information. It tells us how we feel about what is being experienced. If we receive anger's message and learn more about ourselves, the energy will pass.

"Too often we underestimate how quickly our feelings are going to change because we underestimate our ability to change them."
-- David Gilbert

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-17-2016, 06:10 PM   #41
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

BELIEVE IN YOUR UNLIMITED POTENTIAL

"You cannot see anything that you do not first contemplate as a reality."
-- Ramtha

How do you typically define yourself? Do you tell yourself and others that you are slow and methodical, that you have two left feet, that you are lazy, or unimaginative or that you can't hang on to money?

In our unconscious self talk, most of us rarely say positive things about ourselves. List the positive and the negative ways you describe yourself. Then look over your list and contemplate how those definitions limit your ability to be cosmic in your outlook and performance.

"Belief has the word 'lie' in it... and that pretty much sums up what the world has us believing about ourselves."
-- Doug Firebaugh

"We are what we believe we are."
-- Benjamin N. Cardozo

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-18-2016, 10:26 PM   #42
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

FORGIVE THE HURTS

"Forgiveness will never fail to free you."
-- Jerrold Mundis

How do we forgive when we're angry and hurt?

As a first step, we can be willing to truly feel our anger and hurt. Honouring our feelings by being fully present with them helps to release the feelings themselves.

And it helps to remember that people only hurt others when they themselves are in pain. When we can recognize the other person's suffering, our heart can open in compassion. We can also remember that at some time or another, we too have hurt someone through our own unskilful action.

Only love can heal the rifts caused by a hurtful deed. Forgiveness holds immense power because it mends separation. It moves us towards the unity and love that lie at the core of our being. It is a fundamental part of the healing process.

"Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future."
-- Paul Boese

"God has a big eraser."
-- Billy Zeoli

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-18-2016, 10:34 PM   #43
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

VALUE THE PROCESS

"If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear ... as it is, infinite."
-- William Blake

When we stop and pay attention to ourselves, we begin to see clearly the habits and patterns that have kept us asleep and confused and misled for so long. With awareness, we can choose to shift from the selfish and narrow outlook of our personality to the all-embracing generosity of our soul, simply by changing our perspective.

Change your mind and you’ll change your world.

"You watch your mind to see who you are not. I watch my mind to gain a sense of its content, which has always been my pain. As I watch it, I get a sense of its impermanence. Thoughts come and go as part of a process. I see how content dissolves into process and begin to see the patterns in the process. Realizing it isn't MY suffering, MY pain, it becomes THE pain. I’ve gone from the tiny, the small, and the individual to the universal. I feel OUR pain. When we do, we go from fear to compassion. Fear is MY pain, compassion is THE pain."
-- Stephen Levine

*** Awareness is the key to all change. Begin to trust yourself more deeply as you uncover new dimensions of who you are.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-12-2017, 01:31 PM   #44
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

REMEMBER YOUR SPIRITUAL SIDE

"The function of prayer is not to influence God, but rather to change the nature of the one who prays."
-- Soren Kierkegaard

Reminding ourselves often of our spiritual natures truly changes the quality of our lives. It helps us relax, slow down, lighten up, and generally find more space and joy in life.

When we get down on ourselves or life, we can pull back and ask, "How might my soul regard this situation? What am I being invited to experience?"

This shift in perspective helps us let go of the resistance that always comes with negativity. As energy once again begins to flow, our outlook brightens.

"Spirituality is the sacred center out of which all life comes, including Mondays and Tuesdays and rainy Saturday afternoons in all their mundane and glorious detail. ... The spiritual journey is the soul's life commingling with ordinary life."
-- Christina Baldwin

"It is not my business to think about myself. My business is to think about God. It is for God to think about me."
-- Simone Weil

What is soul? What is personality? How do the two work together? Explore your own spirituality

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-12-2017, 01:32 PM   #45
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

THE SOURCE OF ANGER

"Anger is that powerful internal force that blows out the light of reason."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

How does anger typically surface in your life?

We usually get angry at someone, don't we? We judge that someone has done something wrong and we want them to be punished.

In truth, the actions of others are never to blame. It's our thinking - our blaming and judgment - that causes the anger. And we blame and judge because we have a need that has not been met.

In his book 'Nonviolent Communication,' Marshall B. Rosenberg advises that rather than blame others, we are better served by directing our energy towards meeting our own needs.

He offers a simple tool for change. Instead of saying, 'I am angry because they ...' we can say, 'I am angry because I am needing ....'

"At the core of all anger is a need that is not being fulfilled."
-- Marshall B. Rosenberg

"How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it."
-- Marcus Aurelius

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply