Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2015, 10:43 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default We are called to soar and rise above

Your Daily Inspiration

There was a time in my life when trials and tribulations came that all I saw was doom and gloom. In fact, I never saw or looked for the happy ending, because I was convinced that my fairytale ending would never come. I often felt as if I was destined for a life of bad breaks and broken dreams. Thankfully, God stepped in and changed how I saw things, because had He not I am sure I would have continued living pessimistically.

How grateful I am for the Word of God because I have learned to take His promises literally; and one such promise that has changed my thinking and thus my life comes from Revelation 21:5-6. In these verses He lets us know that (1) He makes everything new (2) His Word is true and He can be trusted and (3) He knows how the story begins and ends, because He is both the beginning and ending. I don’t know about you, but every time I mediate on those promises I give Him a praise because that is shouting stuff right there.

So much of our lives are spent dwelling on the wrong things. We look at the situation we are in and often see no way out. We magnify it and live in that moment, but if we could learn to see the situation how God sees it and how He knows it will end we will stop being depressed and saddened by it. Instead, we will rejoice over it because we know that victory is sure in Jesus’ Name.

It took me years to fully grasp that truth, but once I did it changed how I saw my life. No longer do I feel as if the sky is falling when troubles come. Instead I buckle down and hold tightly to my Father’s hand as I keep His Word close to my heart and it has made the pathways smoother. I have come to and rest in the full knowledge that no matter how the situation may look in the natural, God knows how it will end and because I am His child it will be for my good (Romans 8:28). Amen.

My precious sisters, God wanted me to deposit this Word into your spirit today because it is important to Him that we no longer get upset over the trials and tribulations that we face in this life because they will not take us out or destroy us. He promised victory (Deuteronomy 20:4, 1 Corinthians 15:57). We are blessed in our comings and our goings because we are more than conquerors (Deuteronomy 28:6, Psalm 121:8, Romans 8:37).

The enemy doesn’t want us to get this message. He wants to abort it before it takes roots in our soul. He wants us to live defeated, disgusted, and destroyed, but God. There are but God’s in all our lives, in all of our situations. I am a living testimony.

Beloved, it is my prayer today that you let this word take root in your heart. It is time to start calling those things that are not as though they are (Romans 4:17). We need to start speaking success. We need to start speaking healing. We need to start speaking provision. We need to start speaking to our mountains and watch them move. We need to start speaking and thinking positivity over everything that concerns us.

We are eagles and we are called to soar and rise above. It doesn’t matter what is going on in your life right now walk in faith knowing that God promised a good and fulfilling end for you.

-Nina Fortson

“Then the one sitting on the throne said: I am making everything new. Write down what I have said. My words are true and can be trusted. Everything is finished! I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will freely give water from the life-giving fountain to everyone who is thirsty.” Revelation 21:5-6 (CEV)

Holy Father, how I thank and praise You for continuing to teach me to stand faithfully and wholly on Your Word, which changes not. You are faithful and whatever comes my way You have good in store for me. I praise You equally in the valley as I do on the mountaintops. You are awesome and I love You. In Jesus’ Name, I pray, Amen.

Sisters In Christ
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply