Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2022, 06:02 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Choosing Positive Thinking

Choosing Positive Thinking

How precious and weighty also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them! —Psalm 139:17

A confident person is a positive person. Confidence and negativity do not go together. They are like oil and water; they simply do not mix. I used to be a very negative person, but, thank God, He showed me that being positive is much more fun and fruitful.

When encouraged to think positively, people often retort, “That is not reality.” But it has been said that 90 percent of what we worry about never happens. Why do people assume that being negative is more realistic than being positive?

Thinking positive thoughts is a simple matter of whether we want to look at things from God’s perspective or Satan’s. Are you doing your own thinking, choosing carefully to think thankful, positive thoughts—or are you passively thinking whatever kind of thoughts fill your mind? Thinking negatively makes you miserable. Why be miserable when you can be happy?

Prayer of Thanks: Father, I am so thankful that I can choose what thoughts to dwell on. With Your help, I can reject negative thinking, and I can focus on thoughts based on Your Word. Thank You that I can be a confident, positive person.

From the book The Power of Being Thankful by Joyce Meyer.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply