Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2017, 07:51 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default When Things Look Hopeless

When Things Look Hopeless

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE: "Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the Lord! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!" Habakkuk 3:17-18, NLT

TODAY'S WORD: The prophet Habakkuk knew what to do when things seemed completely hopeless. At the time he wrote this, his world was literally falling apart. In fact, the situation was so bad it seemed that trouble was bursting through the seams of his life. So what did Habakkuk do? He rejoiced and praised the Lord in spite of everything! That may seem contrary to you and even silly. But you have probably lost something or someone who is very dear to you, so you can know how Habakkuk was feeling. Follow the prophet's example. When Things Look Hopeless When something bad happens to you, thank God - not because you're suffering, but because you know He is still faithful and loving. God wants to bless you, and He can lift your head above any problem!

PRAYER FOR TODAY: "God, I need Your strength to stand up in the midst of troubled times and say, 'Thank You, Lord' despite what is happening around me. Help me to learn this lesson from Your prophet Habakkuk and apply it to my life today and every day in Jesus' name. Amen."
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply