Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2014, 09:14 AM   #18
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 18

Call to Sunday Worship

O Lord, I beseech you mercifully to hear my prayers, and the prayers of all your people who call upon you; and grant that we may both perceive and know what things we ought to do, and also may have grace and power faithfully to fulfill them; through Jesus Christ your Son our Lord, who is alive and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.

Now unto him that is able to keep me from falling, and to present me faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

The Lord is Faithful

Lord, You are gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. You are good to all; You have compassion on all You have made. All You have made praises You, O Lord; we, Your saints, extol You. We are telling of the glory of Your kingdom and speak of Your might, that all men may know of Your mighty acts and the glorious splendor of Your kingdom…Your dominion endures through all generations. You are faithful to all Your promises and loving toward all You have made. You uphold all those who fall and lift up all who are bowed down. Thank You for Your faithfulness to all generations. Amen

Scripture Reading Psalm 145:8-14

Almighty God, through thy mercies may I recognize my faults, and correct any evil that is in me. Make me strong, that I may not yield to temptation. May I have regard for thy will and be prepared to take thy messages as they are flashed to the soul. Amen.

A Sure Foundation

1 Timothy 6:17-19

Dear Father,

May we learn to be content and not to seek material riches. Let not our craving for riches cause us to wander away from the faith and pierce holes in our own hearts.

Help those who have an abundance of this world's goods to not be haughty nor to put their confidence in riches. Help us to set our hearts upon you, the living God, who richly furnishes us with everything to enjoy.

Help us all to do good, to be rich in good works, to be liberal and generous. May we thus lay a foundation for the future, and take hold of the life which is life indeed.

In the name of Jesus I ask. Amen.

Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. Psalm 73:23–24, NIV

Thank you, great God and Father, for filling our hearts with trust so that we are of good hope, also for those who have not yet found trust. Thank you for giving us courage to face all the questions that arise in human life and for accepting us again and again when we come to you. You know what lies before us. You know the mountains that have to be moved. You know all the things that frustrate us and try to wear us out, and you will take them away. At last your light will shine into all the darkness. This certainty fills us with gladness and thanksgiving. In this faith we are determined to remain steadfast and to press on to victory. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for today. Please give me the wisdom to know that just because some one moves away it doesn't mean they are leaving you.

Thank you, great God and Father, for filling our hearts with trust so that we are of good hope, also for those who have not yet found trust. Thank you for giving us courage to face all the questions that arise in human life and for accepting us again and again when we come to you. You know what lies before us. You know the mountains that have to be moved. You know all the things that frustrate us and try to wear us out, and you will take them away. At last your light will shine into all the darkness. This certainty fills us with gladness and thanksgiving. In this faith we are determined to remain steadfast and to press on to victory. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply