Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2014, 09:23 AM   #19
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 19

To Keep God in Mind This Day

Lord, let me begin this day in devout meditations, in joy unspeakable, and in blessing and praising You, who has given me such good hope and everlasting consolation.

Lift up my mind above all these little things below, which are apt to distract my thoughts; and keep it above, until my heart is fully resolved to seek You every day, in the path where Jesus has trod before me. Amen.

Oh Lord Jesus Christ, who said to your apostles, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you"; I pray that I and your whole church, the body of all faithful people, will know your peace, and live in harmony and unity, one with another, in accordance with your wishes. This I pray to you, who lives and reigns forever. Amen.

Praying at All Times

Father, in the name of Jesus my eyes look to You, and You give me my food at the proper time. You open Your hand and satisfy the desires of my heart. You are righteous in all Your ways and loving toward all You have made. You are near when I call on You, even to all who call on You in truth. You fulfill the desires of those who fear You; You hear our cry and save us. You watch over all who love You….My mouth will speak in praise of my Lord. Let every creature praise Your holy name forever and ever. Amen

Scripture Reading Psalm 145:15-21

Our Father who art in heaven, remind us that truth is not what we say it is, it is what You have declared it to be! ... Remind us too that You sent Your beloved Son that we might better understand Your love and desires for all who would accept Him and His teachings, and His sacrifice on the cross, that we might be forgiven our sins, and have the promise of eternal life! ... Jesus said to Thomas, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through Me."* ... "He who has seen Me has seen the Father ... Do you not believe I am in the Father and the Father is in Me? The Words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His work ... He who has My commandments and keeps them, he is the one who loves Me, and he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father."** ... Help my heart to listen, and my daily life to reflect these words of Jesus.

In His name I pray.

Amen.

* (John 1:1) ** (John 14:6, 9-10)

(c) 2001 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

My Father, keep me where my eyes may look expectantly toward the dawn, through the darkness. Take away everything that comes between me and the brightness of the morning. Amen.

God our Father, in saying that you have written our names on the palm of your hands, you are telling us that each person is unique and special to you. We pray that individuals may discover in themselves the treasures you have given them, and develop and put to good use the qualities they hold in trust from you. I pray and commit myself today to promote goodness and happiness, by treating others with respect and care and understanding. May others treat me today, Father, in the same way as I treat them, and so may we all bring out the best in one another and grow in the way we look at ourselves and others. Amen.

The Good Fight of Faith

1 Timothy 6:20-21, 11-16

Dear Father, invisible and immortal God,

Guard me that I may guard what you have entrusted to me. Help me to avoid the godless talk and vain reasonings of "knowledge," (which is not real knowledge) lest I miss the mark as regards the faith.

Give me the courage and strength to flee from all wickedness and to pursue instead righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance, and gentleness. Help me fight the good fight of faith.

In the name of Jesus and to your glory I lift up this prayer. Amen.

Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:25–26, NIV

Dear God and our Father, if only we have you, we desire nothing more in heaven or on earth. Body and soul may fail, but you, O God, are the strength and comfort of our hearts and you are ours forever. May we live in your Spirit and may your light shine over us. Touch our hearts and help us understand the greatness of what you call us to. Help us and free us again and again so that we are not bound by fear, even when we must pass through intense suffering. For your hand shall be with us and shall rescue us. Your hand shall bring about good for us and for all the people around us. Our hearts go out to them and we plead for them too, "Lord, send your Savior to all." Amen.

Dear Lord, please give me the wisdom to understand that sometimes people shut themselves off from others because opening up will only make their pain real.

Dear heavenly Father, first of all, I want to thank you for Your provision for all of my needs. You have never failed to take care of me. I am grateful. Lord, deliver me from all fear and insecurity about the future. I know You will never fail me and will continue to meet all of my needs. Lord, I want to be like Jesus. Do the work in my heart to set me free from looking to the provision that comes from this world. I know my true source of supply comes through Your hand. Give me grace to not look to men for the security I need. You are my security and I set my eyes upon You, Lord. I ask this in the name of Jesus, my Provider. Amen.

Dear God and our Father, if only we have you, we desire nothing more in heaven or on earth. Body and soul may fail, but you, O God, are the strength and comfort of our hearts and you are ours forever. May we live in your Spirit and may your light shine over us. Touch our hearts and help us understand the greatness of what you call us to. Help us and free us again and again so that we are not bound by fear, even when we must pass through intense suffering. For your hand shall be with us and shall rescue us. Your hand shall bring about good for us and for all the people around us. Our hearts go out to them and we plead for them too, "Lord, send your Savior to all." Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply