Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2014, 09:23 AM   #20
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 20

To Help Others This Day

Heavenly Lord, I pray that this day, you will continue to bless me, that I may be a blessing to others. Keep me strong that I may help the weak. Keep me uplifted that I may have words of encouragement for others. I pray for those that are lost and can’t find their way. I pray for those that are misjudged and misunderstood. I pray for those who don’t know you intimately. I pray that others will find your strength, so that they can love and help one another. I pray for those that don’t believe, that they may find you.

And when this world closes in on me, let me remember the example of my Lord and Savior: to slip away and find a quiet place to pray. Remind me, nudge me, let me remember to find you when I’m feel like I'm pushed beyond my limits. In Christ's name, I come to you, Amen.

Confident in the Lord

O God, my heart is quiet and confident, and I can sing Your praises. When I’m in trouble I call on You, confident that You will answer. Though a host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident. Lord, You are my confidence, and You will keep my foot from being snared. I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living, I am blessed because I trust in You; my confidence is in you. Hallelujah! Amen

Scripture Reading Psalm 27:3, 13 (NIV) Psalm 57:7 (Living) Psalm 86:7 (The Message) Jeremiah 17:7 (NIV) Proverbs 3:26

Dear Lord, remind each of us that saying one is sorry is only the beginning of righting the wrongs we have committed. ... Repentance requires that we turn around and not repeat our careless or intentional sins. ... For any of us, turning around is the test of our sincerity, isn't it? ... We each set examples, whether we realize it or not, for we never know when our lives will be used as an example or excuse for someone else's behavior! ... Oh Lord, help us to realize this for Your sake and for ours!

In Jesus' name we pray.

Amen.

* (See Psalm 51:10-13; Prov. 28:13; Romans 6:1-4)

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

My Lord, I would remember to ask thee this morning for that of which I seem to have most need. May I have the will to keep my patience and realize the untold power of my words and actions. Give me thy peace, not only to rest in, but that I may have it to give to others. Amen.

We thank you, Lord, for making us people of quality. We pray that we may use our gifts well and not keep them unused, unwrapped. We thank you that we are people of quality whom your hands have made. May you be blessed forever!

Empowered to Serve

2 Timothy 1:3-10

Dear Father, seer of my inmost thoughts,

Give me a clear conscience in my service to you. Then fill my mouth with prayers to you as I intercede for those I love. Let my contacts with them be sources of great joy for all of us. Let the sincere faith of our mothers and fathers and other relatives take root in us and grow.

Whatever gift you have given me, help me rekindle it every day and fan it into a flame of service and love for you.

Help me live boldly for you, for you did not give me a spirit of timidity but a spirit of love and power and inward strength.

Don't let me ever be ashamed of bearing witness about our Lord. Let me take my share of suffering for the gospel and rely on your power.

In the name and power of Jesus I pray. Amen.

“A Prayer For Basket-Holders”

Father, we’re thankful for the rope-holders who bear our burdens and encourage us in times of weakness and difficulty. You work through such human vessels to convey Your strength, comfort, protection, and challenge as we walk together in faith. Help us to be faithful in doing our part to encourage, pray, and offer support to those You lay on our hearts that we may be united and strengthened in our Christian journey. Amen.

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Romans 8:1, NIV

Lord our God, grant that we may be your children who receive the Spirit and all they need from you. You strengthen us not only physically but also inwardly, in our hearts, enabling us to face the uncertainties of earthly life and whatever still needs changing in human society. Keep us from giving in to weakness. May your power be always with us. May we have patience and hope, because you are working for the good and we may wait for it in expectation. Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for this day. As I start today please help me understand that it is okay to love. Give me the wisdom to know that it is okay to trust at least one person, and that having faith will me stronger as you are with me.

Lord our God, grant that we may be your children who receive the Spirit and all they need from you. You strengthen us not only physically but also inwardly, in our hearts, enabling us to face the uncertainties of earthly life and whatever still needs changing in human society. Keep us from giving in to weakness. May your power be always with us. May we have patience and hope, because you are working for the good and we may wait for it in expectation. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply