Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2014, 07:28 AM   #25
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 25

For a Heart Open to God's Word

God, as you gave us the sun to lighten our days, so you have given us your Word to lighten our minds and our souls. I pray that you will pour out on me your Spirit as I pray today, that my heart and mind may be opened to your Word, and that I may learn and accept your will for my life.

Shine within my heart, loving God, the pure light of your divine knowledge; open the eyes of my mind and the ears of my heart to receive your Word, this day and always, Amen.

Confession of Sins, with a Prayer for Contrition and Pardon.

Most merciful God, whose eyes are too pure to behold iniquity, and who has promised forgiveness to all those who confess and forsake their sins; I come before you in a humble sense of my own unworthiness, confessing my many transgressions of your righteous laws. [* Here make a short pause, to remember and confess the sins and failings of the past week.] But, O gracious Father, who desires not the death of a sinner, look upon me, I beseech you, in mercy, and forgive me for all my transgressions. Make me deeply sensible of the great evil of them; and work in me a hearty repentance; that I may obtain forgiveness at your hands, who is ever ready to receive humble and penitent sinners; for the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, my only Saviour and Redeemer. Amen.

Prayer for Those Who Have Turned Away

Grant, O Lord, peace, love and speedy reconciliation to your people whom You have redeemed with your precious blood. Make your presence known to those who have turned away from You and do not seek You, so that none of them may be lost, but all may be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth, so that everyone, in true love and harmony, O long-suffering Lord, may praise your all holy Name. Amen.

Finally, may I go forth filled with the joy and confidence of your Spirit; and may everything I do this day and this week, in word or deed, be done in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. Amen.

Dear Lord, in the midst of today's fast-paced society, help me to slow down lest I miss all that You have for me. ... There are moments when Your creation crosses my path -- a bird's song, a new rose bud after a dry summer, a clear view of the mountains, a child's laughter, a friend's greeting, a stranger's smile -- but is my mind on other things? ... Have I missed these moments that You have provided for my enjoyment, my renewal, or my opportunity? Have I neglected to recognize another's need -- an encouraging word, a helping hand? ... Have I missed the right time to tell someone about You when I failed to point out that it was not "luck," but You, Lord, when a prayer was answered? Have I forgotten to encourage or express my love to a spouse, an offspring, or a friend? ... Help me to recognize and seize these precious moments that will not come again.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord Jesus, you tell us that those who mourn are “blessed”, knowing that only those who love greatly can mourn. We know, too, that it is better to have loved and lost someone than never to have loved at all. We ask you today that through our own sufferings of different kinds, we may discover strength and peace through helping and supporting others in their difficulties. Amen

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is – his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2, NIV

Grant us your Spirit, Lord our God, that we may discern your good, acceptable, and perfect will. Give us joy in fighting on your side, so that what is good, acceptable, and perfect may be given to the world. Wherever we are and whatever work we do, give us zeal to serve you and be guided by you so that your will may be done and your kingdom come, so that already today we may find happiness even though only in hope. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you always being there for me. Help me remember that I do not have to be miserable. Give me the wisdom to know that I can motivate myself and create my own happiness. The choice is mine.

Dear Father, thank you for today and all that you do. I love you Lord with all my heart. Please help me show this love to others as I go about the day.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply