Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default The Disease of Addiction, Alcohol is a Drug

Quote:
Allow me to introduce myself. I’m the DISEASE OF ADDICTION – cunning, baffling and powerful (as well as patient). THAT’S ME!

I have killed millions and I’m pleased. I love to catch you with the element of surprise. I love pretending I’m your friend and lover. I have, given you comfort, have I not? Wasn’t I there when you were lonely? When you wanted to die, didn’t you call me? I was there. I love to make you hurt; I make you so numb you can neither hurt nor cry. In fact, you cannot feel anything at all.

This is true glory…

I will give you, instant gratification and all I ask of you is long-term suffering. I’ve been there for you always, when things were going right in your life, you invited me. You said, “You didn’t deserve these good things.” I was the only one who would agree with you. Together we were able to destroy all good things in your life. People don’t take ME seriously. They take STROKES and HEART ATTACKS seriously, DIABETES, even HEPATITIS they don’t take seriously. Fools that they are, they don’t know that without my help these things would not be made possible.I’m such a hated DISEASE and yet I don’t come uninvited. YOU CHOOSE to have me. So may have chosen over reality and peace. More that you hate me, I hate all of you who have a 12 STEP PROGRAM. Your’ PROGRAM, your’ MEETINGS, your’ HIGHER POWER ALL WEAKEN ME and I can’t function in the manner I am accustomed to. Now I must lie there quietly. You don’t see me but I am growing…BIGGER than ever. When YOU ONLY EXIST, I MAY LIVE, WHEN YOU LIVE, I ONLY EXIST, But I am here … and until we meet again, if we ever meet again, I wish you DEATH and SUFFERING.THIS IS FROM AN ANONYMOUS SOURCE.

posted by GIna (a friend of mine from CA)
posted in 2004
Today I heard it all. I don't think anything else can shock me. I was waiting for my Darts bus and I overheard a guy chatting up a young girl at the front of the clinic. He said to her, "I've been sober for 11 years haven't touched a drop but I sure love my crack!

He reminded me of another fellow I met who said he didn't drink but he sure enjoyed sitting in his easy chair with a big fat joint every night.

My sponsor told me that sobriety means "soundness of mind."

People in NA tend to think of it as belonging to the 'other' fellowship, yet who ever heard of having soundness of mind after smoking a joint or a pipe. The paranoia itself tends to make me question the fact that the mind is anywhere near sound.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Last edited by MajestyJo; 12-23-2018 at 01:03 PM.
MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply