Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2014, 12:28 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 11/14

God’s love for us is constant, unconditional, and not dependent upon how good or bad we are, how well or poorly we keep the commandments. --Joseph Champlin

Only the Lord’s presence can truly calm our fears. Only Christ can say to our hearts, “Peace, be still.” --Zig Ziglar

As we open ourselves to spiritual growth, there is simply no part of our life that can be left out. Nothing is too dirty or smudged. Nothing is too ecstatic or passionate. Nothing is too mundane or ordinary. ALL of life is the food of our spiritual growth. We can grow closer and deeper in our relationship with God through every situation, depending on our attitude, our openness, and our awareness. Be aware of God teaching you through your life today. --Joyce Rupp

If your going to worry, there's no need to pray and if your going to pray, there's no need to worry.

The heart is rich when it is content, and it is always content when its desires are fixed on God. --Miguel Cordero-Munoz

There is no situation so chaotic that God cannot from that situation create something that is surpassingly good. He did it at the creation. He did it at the cross. He is doing it today. --H. C. G. Moule

I have lived to thank God that all my prayers have not been answered. --Jean Ingelow

MOVE CLOSER Author Unknown
Not long ago I heard a story about a young man and an old preacher.
The young man had lost his job and didn't know which way to turn. So he went to see the old preacher.
Pacing about the preacher's study, the young man ranted about his problem. Finally he clenched his fist and shouted, "I've begged God to say something to help me, preacher, why doesn't God answer?"
The old preacher, who sat across the room, spoke something in reply, something so hushed it was indistinguishable. The young man stepped across the room. "What did you say?" he asked. The preacher repeated himself, but again in a tone as soft as a whisper. So the young man moved closer until he was leaning on the preacher's chair.
"Sorry," he said. "I still didn't hear you." With their heads bent together, the old preacher spoke once more. "God sometimes whispers," he said, "So we will move closer to hear him." This time the young man heard and he understood.
We all want God's voice to thunder through the air with the answer to our problem. But God's is the still, small voice... the gentle whisper. Perhaps there's a reason.
Nothing draws human focus quite like a whisper. God's whisper means I must stop my ranting and move close to Him, until my head is bent together with His. And then, as I listen, I will find my answer. Better still, I find myself closer to God.

CHOOSE WISELY by Michael A. Halleen
"This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24)
The Psalmist had made a decision. The Lord God had given him that day. Now he chose to live through it with a positive spirit and a hopeful heart.
Nothing is more crucial to the quality of our lives than the choices we make about HOW we will approach the circumstances, relationships and crises of each day. In the end it is that attitude which largely determines the outcomes we will find. I CHOOSE God as my refuge . . . I CHOOSE to believe . . . I CHOOSE to find a way.
Mrs. S. had lived alone for many years and got out only with the help of a wheelchair. Every Sunday she wheeled herself into the side aisle of our sanctuary (one without handicap access) where she worshipped attentively. She always seemed to be "up," a radiant person who made people smile just to be around her.
One evening Mrs. S. spoke to the youth of the church and was asked how she could always be so alive, so full of joy. She responded, "Well, I certainly didn't choose to live the last half of my life as a widow. And I didn't choose to have my son killed in the Korean War. I didn't choose to have to ride around in this chair for the past ten years. But one thing I did choose - to be happy. I decided to make the best of every day and to see the best in every person."
A friend who has been a missionary in South America for many years told me of taking some American visitors through his city. One of them spotted a beautiful large poinsettia tree in front of a small house as they passed by. The visitor wanted to take a picture and, not realizing that the plant was brittle, reached up to pull down a branch for the camera. A six-foot length of flame-red poinsettia snapped to the ground.
At that moment the woman of the house stepped out of the door and confronted the gringos standing there, poinsettia branch in hand. Humiliated, they tried to express regret and offered to pay for her loss. But they could no more fix the personal damage than they could repair the tree. Still, instead of adding to their embarrassment, the woman cheerfully asked them in for tea. She chose to forgive them, to overlook their clumsy behavior. She CHOSE to offer them grace.
This is the day the Lord has made. We are responsible to decide how we will live in it.

Frustrated? It may be because you're trying to make something happen that only God can make happen.
Whenever you are doing what God has called you to do, it is important to rely on His strength, His grace, and His power to complete your task. You will become frustrated if you try to make things happen on your own strength instead of relying on God. God is the author and finisher of His plans (Hebrews 12:2), and you must not try to take the place of God if you expect things to work out.
In Colossians 1:26-27, Paul reveals a mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations... Christ in you, the hope of glory. In other words, there is something that people of the past didn't know—it was hidden from them, a mystery to them—but Paul is now revealing that mystery to us: Christ lives in all who believe in Him! No longer is God just with his people—God now lives in his people!
Also, note that it is Christ in you that's the hope of glory—not Christ and you.
Paul then continues by saying that he labors and works for the gospel, but all of his labor is really done by Christ's power, which so powerfully works in [him] (Colossians 1:29).
If you're trying to labor without Christ's power at work within you, then your labor will be frustrating and in vain. You need to stop trying, and start dying to self so that you may be alive to Christ's power.
Struggle and frustration occur when you try to do God's job by your own strength—rather than relying on Christ's strength, which is at work in you. --Weekly Wisdom

Every problem is an opportunity to trust God.
We all experience difficulties, problems, and trials throughout life. Usually, we also look for ways to solve those problems. All of the various solutions basically ask one of these two questions: "What can I do to solve this?" Or, "What can God do to solve this?"
In other words, we either try to solve the problem on our own, or we let God solve it. Obviously, it is much wiser to give your problems to God.
Therefore, in the midst of your problem, Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding (Proverbs 3:5). Trust God to solve your problems. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal (Isaiah 26:4).
During your trials you should frequently quote Psalm 91:2: I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
Furthermore, when you're truly trusting in God, there is nothing to worry about. Jesus said, "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me" (John 14:1).
Make this your cry: "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God" (Psalm 20:7).
Trust the Lord God Almighty in every area of your life, even during problems, because every problem gives you an opportunity to trust God. --Weekly Wisdom

Coming Out of the Stronghold by Os Hillman
“...Do not stay in the stronghold. Go into the land of Judah...” (1 Samuel 22:5)
David and his fighting men had been hiding in the cave of Adullam. He was fleeing Saul. Many of life's down-and-out had come and joined David's army. David was content to stay in the stronghold of safety. Then, God's prophet came to David and told him that he must leave the stronghold and go into the land of Judah.
When life beats down on us and we get to the place where we want to hide in a cave, God often places people around us who prod us into moving in the right direction. He does not want us to remain in the place of discouragement. He wants us to move into the land of "praise." Judah means "praise."
I recall when I went through a very difficult time. It seemed to drag on and on with no change until finally I wanted to retreat to a cave and forget pressing on. It was a great time of discouragement. A Godly man came to me and said, "You must keep moving! There are too many who are depending on you in the Kingdom."
I didn't totally understand what he meant at the time. Now, I know. He was saying that God is preparing each of us to be the vessel He wants to use in the life of another person, but we will never be that vessel if we give up and hide in our cave of discouragement. Not only must we keep moving, we must move into a new realm. Our attitude must move from discouragement to praise. It is when we move past discouragement to praise that we begin living above our problems. Make a decision today to "leave the stronghold" and "go into the land of Judah".

Remember to Forget Author Unknown
Forgive and Forget.
We know that these two words belong together.
To forgive is just a matter of choice. To forget is often a matter of several choices, because it might be necessary to "forget" more than once.
Clara Barton, founder of the American Red Cross, was confronted one day with the memory of a betrayal she had experienced years before, but she acted as if she had never heard of the incident.
A friend asked her, "Don't you remember what that person did?"
"No," Clara Barton said. "I distinctly remember forgetting it."
It may be that today you need to make the intentional choice (more than once) to remember to forget an offense that has come your way ... just as God has chosen to forget our own offenses.
"I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more." (Isaiah 43:25)

YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW Author Unknown
"Good morning," said a woman as she walked up to the man sitting on the ground.
The man slowly looked up.
This was a woman clearly accustomed to the finer things of life. Her coat was new. She looked like she had never missed a meal in her life.
His first thought was that she wanted to make fun of him, like so many others had done before. "Leave me alone," he growled....
To his amazement, the woman continued standing. She was smiling -- her even white teeth displayed in dazzling rows.
"Are you hungry?" she asked.
"No," he answered sarcastically. "I've just come from dining with the president. Now go away."
The woman's smile became even broader. Suddenly the man felt a gentle hand under his arm.
"What are you doing, lady?" the man asked angrily. "I said to leave me alone.
Just then a policeman came up. "Is there any problem, ma'am?" he asked.
"No problem here, officer," the woman answered. "I'm just trying to get this man to his feet. Will you help me?"
The officer scratched his head. "That's old Jack. He's been a fixture around here for a couple of years. What do you want with him?"
"See that cafeteria over there?" she asked. "I'm going to get him something to eat and get him out of the cold for a while."
"Are you crazy, lady?" the homeless man resisted. "I don't want to go in there!" Then he felt strong hands grab his other arm and lift him up. "Let me go, officer. I didn't do anything."
"This is a good deal for you, Jack" the officer answered. "Don't blow it."
Finally, and with some difficulty, the woman and the police officer got Jack into the cafeteria and sat him at a table in a remote corner. It was the middle of the morning, so most of the breakfast crowd had already left and the lunch bunch had not yet arrived...
The manager strode across the cafeteria and stood by his table. "What's going on here, officer?" he asked. "What is all this, is this man in trouble?"
"This lady brought this man in here to be fed," the policeman answered.
"Not in here!" the manager replied angrily. "Having a person like that here is bad for business."
Old Jack smiled a toothless grin. "See, lady. I told you so. Now if you'll let me go. I didn't want to come here in the first place."
The woman turned to the cafeteria manager and smiled....... "Sir, are you familiar with Eddy and Associates, the banking firm down the street?"
"Of course I am," the manager answered impatiently. "They hold their weekly meetings in one of my banquet rooms."
"And do you make a godly amount of money providing food at these weekly meetings?"
"What business is that of yours?"
"I, sir, am Penelope Eddy, president and CEO of the company."
"Oh."
The woman smiled again. "I thought that might make a difference." She glanced at the cop who was busy stifling a giggle. "Would you like to join us in a cup of coffee and a meal, officer?"
"No thanks, ma'am," the officer replied. "I'm on duty."
"Then, perhaps, a cup of coffee to go?"
"Yes, ma'am. That would be very nice."
The cafeteria manager turned on his heel, "I'll get your coffee for you right away, officer."
The officer watched him walk away. "You certainly put him in his place," he said.
"That was not my intent. Believe it or not, I have a reason for all this."
She sat down at the table across from her amazed dinner guest. She stared at him intently. "Jack, do you remember me?"
Old Jack searched her face with his old, rheumy eyes. "I think so -- I mean you do look familiar."
"I'm a little older perhaps," she said. "Maybe I've even filled out more than in my younger days when you worked here, and I came through that very door, cold and hungry."
"Ma'am?" the officer said questioningly. He couldn't believe that such a magnificently turned out woman could ever have been hungry.
"I was just out of college," the woman began. "I had come to the city looking for a job, but I couldn't find anything. Finally I was down to my last few cents and had been kicked out of my apartment. I walked the streets for days. It was February and I was cold and nearly starving. I saw this place and walked in on the off chance that I could get something to eat."
Jack lit up with a smile. "Now I remember," he said. "I was behind the serving counter. You came up and asked me if you could work for something to eat. I said that it was against company policy."
"I know," the woman continued. "Then you made me the biggest roast beef sandwich that I had ever seen, gave me a cup of coffee, and told me to go over to a corner table and enjoy it. I was afraid that you would get into trouble... Then, when I looked over and saw you put the price of my food in the cash register, I knew then that everything would be all right."
"So you started your own business?" Old Jack said.
"I got a job that very afternoon. I worked my way up. Eventually I started my own business that, with the help of God, prospered." She opened her purse and pulled out a business card. "When you are finished here, I want you to pay a visit to a Mr. Lyons. He's the personnel director of my company. I'll go talk to him now and I'm certain he'll find something for you to do around the office." She smiled. "I think he might even find the funds to give you a little advance so that you can buy some clothes and get a place to live until you get on your feet. If you ever need anything, my door is always opened to you."
There were tears in the old man's eyes. "How can I ever thank you?" he said.
"Don't thank me," the woman answered. "To God goes the glory. Thank Jesus...... He led me to you."
Outside the cafeteria, the officer and the woman paused at the entrance before going their separate ways.
"Thank you for all your help, officer," she said.
"On the contrary, Ms. Eddy," he answered. "Thank you. I saw a miracle today, something that I will never forget. And... And thank you for the coffee."

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Examine the things that are not working in your life and circumstances. Your first instinctive reaction to finding something wrong is to overreact. But, instead of making broad, sweeping changes you would be wise to begin with small, incremental adjustments that will not throw you off balance. Be strong and remain steadfast in truth and in the things that are working for you, says the Lord. Galatians 6:4 But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.

Take a stand for truth, and do what is right and good in every situation. Refuse to allow the enemy to draw you away from a place of conscious awareness of purity. Let there be no compromise of morality and righteous intention, says the Lord. You are Mine; you belong to Me. I want you to be a living, breathing example of life in the Spirit. Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

If you pay attention, you will know that I am showing you ways to improve your circumstances that will ultimately result in a better quality of life. I am revealing things that need to be changed and can be changed that will be very beneficial to you, says the Lord. However, this benefit will not come if you do not do what is necessary. 2 Chronicles 7:14 "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Beloved, I want to be able to mold you into My image and for you to so completely surrender that we are truly one. My desire is to be able to hold you much like a potter holds and shapes clay, says the Lord. I have much to do on the earth. Will you be an instrument of My purposes without considering your own goals and personal desires? I have called, but it is up to you to answer the call. Isaiah 64:8 But now, O LORD, You are our Father; we are the clay, and You our potter; and all we are the work of Your hand.

To know good from evil has been given to you through discernment, and I would have you always do what is right and just. But, I also desire that you help one another when you have opportunity and the ability to do so. You are My hands extended in support and My mouth to give encouragement and wisdom to those in need. You are My ambassadors, says the Lord. Micah 6:8 He has shown you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Gird up the loins of your mind. Remember My goodness. Remember those things I have done for you in the past. Remember how I have been One with you. Write a book of remembrance in your heart so that you can come to the conclusion that what I have done for you is evident and that I am not finished doing for you the things that need to be done. And, indeed, it will be well with your soul, says the Lord.

Tomorrow's A Brand New Day by Carrie Naturale
Sometimes it's hard to accept
the many disappointments in life we face
But we have to believe there's some reason
and hold onto the Lords Grace.
For what seems to be so unfair
and so difficult for us to understand
Is just a small piece of the puzzle
of our life that God has planned.
And as each door will close
they say a window will open its eyes
and life will bring about changes
and with each new day - a surprise!
So believe in all of Gods love
and know it surrounds you every day
with courage and strength you will make it thru
for tomorrow's a Brand New Day!!

ALWAYS ON CALL! By pen2write4
God is near as a phone
He's only a step away
For when we kneel, to him in prayer
he will answer us without delay
He doesn't put us ever on hold
nor does he charge us a fee
He waits for us to tell him our problems
and that call is between you and me
The number we dial is always listed
it's callings are all so plain
and when we use it to make our request
we're connected when we call on his name
He listens to us with open ears
and he is never ever too busy
He waits right there until we are through
and he doesn't cut us off in a frenzy
We don't have to wait for any signals
and we need never have to pay a dime
All we need is to have a patient heart
and he will be right there on time
You don't even have to worry about
this line ever being disconnect
For this line of power that we have
it's always able, to reach direct
So you see you can call him at anytime
from morning, noon, or night
and you need no operator to reach this number
when he told us in his word, it's our right

Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy."
1 Peter 1:13-16

Without Him, I am nothing, but with Him I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death--even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:1-11

"The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them OUT of all their troubles." Psalm 34:17

[Jesus] said, "Abba, Father, for you all things are possible; remove this cup from me; yet, not what I want, but what you want." Mark 14:36

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

If anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation: everything old has passed away; see, everything has become new! 2 Corinthians 5:17

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14

My God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

Call to Me by Sally I. Kennedy
"Call to me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know.' Jeremiah 33:3
The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. Psalm 145:18
We could hear it before we could see it. One lone goose, honking loudly on his way in. If any other geese had been on the small lake this beautiful autumn morning, they might have answered the call. The same would be true for ducks, such as this green-headed mallard in the photo.
The goose paddled around, near the water's muddy edge by the lily pads, all alone. No answer. No geese were on this lake. Perhaps they had all flown south for the winter. It was well into fall, and there'd been one chilly frost already.
I thought, good thing we can call to God any time at all, and He is never gone. Isn't it amazing? This almighty God of the universe, who is unchanging, sovereign, steadfast, and ever-faithful, is the same God who keeps a listening ear out for those calling out - for companions, for help, for whatever. And, He will answer. It's a promise. That is good news.

Lord I pray to You tonight
my heart behold
to ease its fright
and make me bold
I pray for the power
to face each hour
please give me courage
let me not be discouraged
may I be brave Father
to do only Your will
in each second that spills
to live only for You forever and ever
--Tammy B. 10/01/99

Read Through The Bible
Nehemiah 2
Nehemiah Sent to Judah
1 And it came to pass in the month of Nisan, in the twentieth year of King Artaxerxes, when wine was before him, that I took the wine and gave it to the king. Now I had never been sad in his presence before. 2 Therefore the king said to me, “Why is your face sad, since you are not sick? This is nothing but sorrow of heart.” So I became dreadfully afraid, 3 and said to the king, “May the king live forever! Why should my face not be sad, when the city, the place of my fathers’ tombs, lies waste, and its gates are burned with fire?” 4 Then the king said to me, “What do you request?” So I prayed to the God of heaven. 5 And I said to the king, “If it pleases the king, and if your servant has found favor in your sight, I ask that you send me to Judah, to the city of my fathers’ tombs, that I may rebuild it.” 6 Then the king said to me (the queen also sitting beside him), “How long will your journey be? And when will you return?” So it pleased the king to send me; and I set him a time. 7 Furthermore I said to the king, “If it pleases the king, let letters be given to me for the governors of the region beyond the River, that they must permit me to pass through till I come to Judah, 8 and a letter to Asaph the keeper of the king’s forest, that he must give me timber to make beams for the gates of the citadel which pertains to the temple, for the city wall, and for the house that I will occupy.” And the king granted them to me according to the good hand of my God upon me. 9 Then I went to the governors in the region beyond the River, and gave them the king’s letters. Now the king had sent captains of the army and horsemen with me. 10 When Sanballat the Horonite and Tobiah the Ammonite official heard of it, they were deeply disturbed that a man had come to seek the well-being of the children of Israel.
Nehemiah Views the Wall of Jerusalem
11 So I came to Jerusalem and was there three days. 12 Then I arose in the night, I and a few men with me; I told no one what my God had put in my heart to do at Jerusalem; nor was there any animal with me, except the one on which I rode. 13 And I went out by night through the Valley Gate to the Serpent Well and the Refuse Gate, and viewed the walls of Jerusalem which were broken down and its gates which were burned with fire. 14 Then I went on to the Fountain Gate and to the King’s Pool, but there was no room for the animal under me to pass. 15 So I went up in the night by the valley, and viewed the wall; then I turned back and entered by the Valley Gate, and so returned. 16 And the officials did not know where I had gone or what I had done; I had not yet told the Jews, the priests, the nobles, the officials, or the others who did the work. 17 Then I said to them, “You see the distress that we are in, how Jerusalem lies waste, and its gates are burned with fire. Come and let us build the wall of Jerusalem, that we may no longer be a reproach.” 18 And I told them of the hand of my God which had been good upon me, and also of the king’s words that he had spoken to me. So they said, “Let us rise up and build.” Then they set their hands to this good work. 19 But when Sanballat the Horonite, Tobiah the Ammonite official, and Geshem the Arab heard of it, they laughed at us and despised us, and said, “What is this thing that you are doing? Will you rebel against the king?” 20 So I answered them, and said to them, “The God of heaven Himself will prosper us; therefore we His servants will arise and build, but you have no heritage or right or memorial in Jerusalem.”

Thank you, Lord Jesus, that You will be with us today and tonight and forever. Will You keep us from danger and protect us against fear? And will you show us the right way and not let go when we choose the wrong way and when we are in danger? It is wonderful to know that You take hold of our hands, that You hold us tight. And when you hold us tight, You lead us on, all our life. And when You lead us on through life, there will be a day when You bring us home safely. Thank you, Lord Jesus, Amen. --Corrie Ten Boom

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply