Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2015, 10:08 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - August 21

Wait upon the Lord, who knows our every need.

God knows what we need; are we listening?

God wants us to enjoy lives filled with order, peace, and love. When we accept God’s standard and conduct ourselves in fitting and orderly ways — whether in worship, on our jobs, or at home — we honor God and reflect God’s character.

God is love, and God loves us just as we are

Even when we struggle to bring our will under God’s will, we know that God will bring about the best possible outcome.

Jesus showed us how to put the needs of others above our own.

God’s omniscience is a comfort as we encounter a world filled with danger and the unknown. How wonderful it is to know that wherever we are and whenever we pray, our loving Parent sees us and knows us!

Lean on Me by Sarah Young
Lean on Me as you face the circumstances of this day. Whether or not they realize it, all people lean on — depend on — something: physical strength, intelligence, beauty, wealth, achievements, family, friends, and so on. All of these are gifts from Me, to be enjoyed gratefully.
However, relying on any of these things is risky, because every one of them can let you down.
When your circumstances are challenging and you are feeling weak, you tend to obsess about how you are going to make it through the day. This wastes a lot of time and energy; it also distracts you from Me. Whenever this happens, ask Me to open your eyes so you can find Me in the moment. “See” Me standing nearby, with My strong arm extended toward you — offering you My help. Don’t try to pretend that you have it all together or that you’re stronger than you really are. Instead, lean hard on Me, letting Me bear most of your weight and help you with your problems.
Rejoice in Me — your Strength — and worship while leaning on Me.
A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. — Proverbs 18:24
But I will sing of Your strength, in the morning I will sing of Your love; for You are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble. O my Strength, I sing praise to You; You, O God, are my fortress, my loving God. — Psalm 59:16-17
By faith Jacob, when he was dying, blessed each of the sons of Joseph, and worshiped, leaning on the top of his staff. — Hebrews 11:21
Are your burdens weighing heavily today? Are you trying to press on through and get your job and your day done anyway? Stop and ask Jesus to reveal His presence to you as you intentionally lean into His strength and love.

Embracing The Cross Author Unknown
1 Corinthians 1:18 – For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. (NIV)
My friend, who works as a dispatcher for the police department, has experienced just about every circumstance one can imagine. One story that she shared recently had a profound effect on both of us. Caught on film was a possum trapped inside a deep hole at a local skateboard park. The police watched via a video monitor as someone lowered a wooden pole for the animal to climb out. At first, the possum walked away, cowering behind it. Later, after hesitating some more, it grasped hold of the object that would save its life.
My friend and I saw the same spiritual picture. The wooden pole reminded us of the cross of Christ; the possum stood for people, who, for whatever reason, hesitate to embrace it, for the forgiveness of their sins. Yet, it also speaks of believers who sometimes feel that there is no way out when faced with a difficult situation, but the cross of Christ has already provided the victory. All we need to do is surrender and take hold of it.
Therefore, let us consider the message of the cross and how it has affected our lives. Let us never hesitate to embrace it, allowing the power of the risen Christ to set us free.
Prayer: Thank You, dear God our Father, for the cross and all that it means to us. May we so trust and live in the power of Christ's salvation. In His holy name, we pray. Amen.

Transforming Love by Harry Wood
You are involved in the greatest love story ever known. Before the foundations of the world were riveted in place or the stars set aflame in their radiant midnight vigil, the love story had begun. God has loved you without restraint or reservation. His heart has been preoccupied with you.
It was Augustine who once observed that "God loves each of us as though there were only one of us." Just think, for you, Jesus came into the world through the incarnation. For you, Jesus gave His life willingly on the cross of Calvary. For you, Jesus exercised power in His bodily resurrection. For you, Jesus ascended into heaven and now sits at the right hand of God the Father making intercession. For you, Jesus will come again and receive you unto himself.
Yes, God's provisions are universal [for all who would receive], but they are also very personal. When God's love touches you, it is not a watered down version -- but highly concentrated. Its impact is potent and transforming.
God's love is making you like Him. In fact, when God's love gets through with you, you are likely to be odd -- in a Jesus sort of way!
"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!" (1 John 3:1a)

TRIALS by Lynell Waterman
There was a blacksmith who gave his heart to God. Though conscientious in his living, still he was not prospering materially. In fact, it seems that from the time of his conversion, more trouble, affliction and loss were sustained than ever before. Everything seemed to be going wrong.
One day, a friend who was not a Christian stopped at the blacksmith's shop to talk to him. Sympathizing with him in some of his trials, the friend said. "It seems strange to me that so much affliction should come to you just at the time when you have become an earnest Christian. Of course, I don't want to weaken your faith in God or anything like that. But here you are, with God's help and guidance, and yet things seem to be getting steadily worse. I can't help wondering why it is."
The blacksmith did not answer immediately, but finally, he said, "You see here the raw iron which I have to make into horse's shoes. You know what I do with it? I take a piece and heat it in the fire until it is red, almost white with the heat. Then I hammer it unmercifully, to shape it as I know it should be shaped. Then I plunge it into a pail of cold water to temper it. Then I heat it again and hammer it some more. And this I do until it is finished."
"But sometimes I find a piece of iron that won't stand up under this treatment. The heat and the hammering and the cold water are too much for it. I don't know why it fails in the process, but I know it will never make a good horseshoe." He pointed to a heap of scrap iron that was near the door of his shop. "When I get a piece that cannot take the shape and temper, I throw it out on the scrap heap. It will never be good for anything."
He went on, "I know that God has been holding me in the fires of affliction and I have felt His hammer upon me. But I don't mind, if only He can bring me to what I should be. And so, in all these hard things my prayer is simply this: Try me in any way you wish, Lord, only don't throw me on the scrap heap."
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." (James 1:2-4)

Clean-Up Time Author Unknown
"Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a right spirit within me." (Psalm 51:10)
I remember when my children were much younger, and after a full day of rough and tumble sports and play activities, they would arrive home shortly before supper, filthy! Their little bodies looked like they were rolling in dirt, their clothes stained with grass marks, and the smell of sweat from the hot summer sun was clearly evident.
"In to the bathtub you go!" I would say. "And don't forget to scrub!" Thirty minutes later, the two of them would walk down the stairs sparking in their cute pajamas, wet combed hair, clean and sweet-smelling bodies! "My! How nice you you look!" I would say. "Are these the same dirty children I saw a few minutes ago?"
God can do something similar, but in more miraculous proportions in our life. When we invite Him in to our life, we make a choice to reject evil, repent of past sins, and to cleave to a better way: His way. Our slate is washed clean, and we are presented with a new heart and spirit. The pristine light and love of the Lord makes us a new creation! And, just as we may need to bathe our physical bodies daily to ensure we remain clean and sweet smelling, so too should we bathe our mind with the truth of His word, the Bible, so that we will not fall back in to a path of impurity.

Is Your Hut Burning? Author Unknown
The only survivor of a shipwreck was washed up on a small, uninhabited island. He prayed feverishly for God to rescue him, and everyday he scanned the horizon for help, but none seemed forthcoming. Exhausted, he eventually managed to build a little hut out of driftwood to protect him from the elements, and to store his few possessions. BUT then one day, after scavenging for food, he arrived home to find his little hut in flames, the smoke rolling up to the sky. The worst had happened; everything was lost. He was stunned with grief and anger. "God, how could you do this to me!" he cried.
Early the next day, however, he was awakened by the sound of a ship that was approaching the island. It had come to rescue him. "How did you know I was here?" asked the weary man of his rescuers. "We saw your smoke signal," they replied.
It is easy to get discouraged when things are going bad. But we shouldn't lose heart, because God is at work in our lives, even in the midst of pain and suffering. Remember, next time your little hut is burning to the ground - it just may be a smoke signal that summons the grace of God.
For all of the negative things we have to say to ourselves, God has a positive answer for it:
You say: "It's impossible"
God says: All things are possible because God can do all things (Luke 18:27)
You say: "I'm too tired"
God says: I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28-30)
You say: "Nobody really loves me"
God says: I love you (John 3:16 and John 13:34)
You say: "I can't go on"
God says: My grace is sufficient (2 Corinthians 12:9 and Psalm 91:15)
You say: "I can't do it"
God says: You can do all things through Christ (Philippians 4:13)
You say: "I can't figure things out"
God says: I will direct your steps (Proverbs 3:5-6)
You say: "I'm not able"
God says: I am able (2 Corinthians 9:8)
You say: "It's not worth it"
God says: It will be worth it (Romans 8:28)
You say: "I can't forgive myself"
God says: I FORGIVE YOU (l John 1:9 and Romans 8:1)
You say: "I can't manage"
God says: I will supply all your needs (Philippians 4:19)
You say: "I'm afraid"
God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear (2 Timothy 1:7)
You say: "I'm always worried and frustrated"
God says: Cast all your cares on ME (1 Peter 5:7)
You say: "I don't have enough faith"
God says: I've given everyone a measure of faith (Romans 12:3)
You say: "I'm not smart enough"
God says: I give you wisdom (1 Corinthians 1:30)
You say: "I feel all alone"
God says: I will NEVER leave you or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5)

Putting Down Emotional Baggage by Charles Stanley
In His presence...release your burdens
If the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed. — John 8:36
On a trip to the High Sierra mountain range in California, some-thing hit me: the pack animals that carried our gear had no way of freeing themselves from the burdens on their backs. Unable to reach their heavy loads, they depended on others to remove them.
This is also true of us when we bear the weight of our emotional baggage. We cannot lay it down on our own; nor does it disappear over time.
Rather, true freedom is possible only through Jesus. Why?
Because we cannot reach our burdens and often don’t understand how deep they go.
But Jesus does. And He knows the perfect way to heal us completely.
Friend, no person lives free of all problems, hurdles, or pain. However, the Lord will not only protect you from lasting harm but can use difficulties to equip, prepare, and strengthen you for the next stage in your life.
Therefore, ask Jesus to lead you and relieve your burdens. He will set you free to become all God wants You to be.
Lord, I cannot reach my emotional burdens, but You can. Thank You for liberating me from them and using them to make me whole, amen.
In His presence... release your burdens.
Do you feel like a pack mule today — weighed down by heavy burdens that you cannot remove? Pause today and ask the Lord to remove them and set you free!

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Beloved, I am working in you through your circumstances to help you identify and root out all rebellion. Your submission to Me, says the Lord, will produce good fruit. I have given you the ability to discern both good and evil so that you can submit to what is good, and resist the enemy. Do so with integrity and be blessed. James 4:7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

I have brought you by a way that you have not been before. You have encountered unexpected challenges and have had opportunities to overcome. Yet, through having to face obstacles and difficulties you have become stronger and more determined to walk with Me, says the Lord. Therefore, I will open the doors of promise and delight before you. Psalms 37:4 Delight yourself also in the LORD, and He shall give you the desires of your heart.

Take time to rest from all of the activity and stress that you have endured. Let go mentally and emotionally of everything that has been weighing heavily upon you. Give your burden to Me, says the Lord, and I will give you the kind of rest that allows you to access healing and restoration in your spirit, soul, and body. Psalms 55:22 Cast your burden on the LORD, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.

I have given you the grace to move through the challenges you face with grace. I have enabled you to do what is necessary to overcome. Refuse to become a victim, and resist the temptation to quit rather than press through, says the Lord. My grace is sufficient! 2 Corinthians 12:9a And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

You are in a time of separation when you will divide the precious from the vile. You have gone through previous seasons of doing this, but every time that you respond in obedience to My directive, you come higher spiritually. When you do what I ask, you achieve greater clarity of vision and purpose, says the Lord. Jeremiah 15:19 Therefore thus says the LORD: "If you return, then I will bring you back; you shall stand before Me; if you take out the precious from the vile, you shall be as My mouth. Let them return to you, but you must not return to them."

Your attention has been divided, and you feel scattered and pulled in several directions. Refuse to allow your activities to cause you to be unfocused. Your ultimate and divine priority is to stay connected spiritually to Me. To do so will require dedication and supreme effort, but you are up to the task. You just needed a little reminder, says the Lord. James 4:8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Have you heard, My people, the things that you must now do so that you can be free from bondage and live absolutely in the purpose and the power of the spirit of life with liberty? This day I set you free of everything that has held you in the past and show you the road that leads into the future. Walk this path that is before you--the path of light. And, on the path of light you shall be renewed. You shall be healed. You shall then be able to receive all that I have promised because you have determined to walk with Me on the path of light. Do it today, says the Lord.

I know your life on earth was troubled
Only you could know the pain
You weren't afraid to face the devil
You were no stranger to the rain
Go rest high on that mountain
Son, your work on earth is done
Go to Heaven a shoutin'
Love for the Father and the Son
Oh how we cried the day you left us
We gathered 'round your grave to grieve
I wish I could see the Angel's faces
When they hear your sweet voice sing
Go rest high on that mountain
Son, your work on earth is done
Go to Heaven a shoutin'
Go to Heaven a shoutin'
--Vince Gill

Feel Refreshed ........by Anne R.C. Neale
After spending your time with Him in prayer,
You'll feel refreshed because He cares,
He listens to every word you say,
He hears all your thoughts when you pray,
He gives you comfort and much Love,
He gives you assurance from Him above,
Spending quality time with Him you see
Brings inner happiness to you and to me,
You can talk to Him during the night or the day,
You can do it any where, taking time to pray,
You'll refresh your body, mind and soul,
You'll feel a wellness and you'll feel whole,
Praying is good for you you see
Always keep in touch with your God Almighty,
Spend as much time that you can,
Praying to God daily, night and day, Amen.

My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways, says the Lord. - Isaiah 55:8

Many, Lord my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us.- Psalm 40:5

God is not a God of disorder but of peace. - 1 Corinthians 14:33

“I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” - Jeremiah 29:11

Jesus said, “You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.” - John 14:14

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. - Philippians 2:3-4

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who don't walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus made me free from the law of sin and of death. - Romans 8:1-2

You Are Always There by Tom
Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,” even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you. (Psalm 139:7-12, NIV)
There are times, Lord, when You seem to be far away. There are times with our communication seems muffled and erratic. There are times when it feels like I cannot find You. There are times when the darkness seems to overpower me and my ability to see you. There are those times.
Although those times are difficult and lonely and disturbing, those times never last for long. Those times never last because You are there…You are always there. No matter where I go You are there. Even when I try to flee from You so that I can pursue my ways, You are there. I cannot flee from You, because You are there…You are always there.
If I look up into the heavens, You are there. I see You in the clouds. I see you in the blueness of the sky. I see you in the light of the sun. I see you in the stars. I see you in the moon beams.
If I go to the sea, You are always there. I see You in sand on the shore. I see You and hear You in the crashing waves. I hear you in the laughter of the children playing in the surf. I feel you in the ocean breezes. You are there…You are always there.
You are there, but You are not just there. You are there to guide me and to hold me. You are there to comfort me, protect me, calm me, and nudge me. You are always there.
When the darkness overtakes me, You provide a light for my path. When the darkness seems to provide a cover for my sinfulness, Your light shines on me to reveal my sinfulness and remind me that You rescue me from my sinfulness. Your light overpowers the darkness and brings me hope of a new day. You are always there. Thank You.

Thank you, God, for all your tender mercies. We are ever grateful and indebted to you, and we praise your holy name. We want to know your will and to follow you wherever you want us to go. Help us to conduct ourselves in ways that draw people to you. Give us a sense of the needs of others and a willingness to serve them in whatever way we can. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Job 18
1 Then answered Bildad the Shuhite, and said, 2 How long will it be ere ye make an end of words? mark, and afterwards we will speak. 3 Wherefore are we counted as beasts, and reputed vile in your sight? 4 He teareth himself in his anger: shall the earth be forsaken for thee? and shall the rock be removed out of his place? 5 Yea, the light of the wicked shall be put out, and the spark of his fire shall not shine. 6 The light shall be dark in his tabernacle, and his candle shall be put out with him. 7 The steps of his strength shall be straitened, and his own counsel shall cast him down. 8 For he is cast into a net by his own feet, and he walketh upon a snare. 9 The gin shall take him by the heel, and the robber shall prevail against him. 10 The snare is laid for him in the ground, and a trap for him in the way. 11 Terrors shall make him afraid on every side, and shall drive him to his feet. 12 His strength shall be hungerbitten, and destruction shall be ready at his side. 13 It shall devour the strength of his skin: even the firstborn of death shall devour his strength. 14 His confidence shall be rooted out of his tabernacle, and it shall bring him to the king of terrors. 15 It shall dwell in his tabernacle, because it is none of his: brimstone shall be scattered upon his habitation. 16 His roots shall be dried up beneath, and above shall his branch be cut off. 17 His remembrance shall perish from the earth, and he shall have no name in the street. 18 He shall be driven from light into darkness, and chased out of the world. 19 He shall neither have son nor nephew among his people, nor any remaining in his dwellings. 20 They that come after him shall be astonied at his day, as they that went before were affrighted. 21 Surely such are the dwellings of the wicked, and this is the place of him that knoweth not God.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for saving us and for loving us, even when we find it hard to love ourselves. Use us as witnesses to your grace and mercy. Help us to trust that your will is always the most loving and merciful way. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply