Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 07-13-2017, 07:07 AM   #16
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 13

Ephesians 2:8, ESV "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,"

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Ezekiel 36:26a, NLT "And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you."

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. Mark 11:24

Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted. – Hebrews 2:18
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2017, 07:34 AM   #18
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 14

Psalm 34:8 Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.

"Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God?" Luke 12:6

1 Thess 5:16-18, NIV "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus."

For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.
- Philippians 2:13

As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.” – 1 Peter 1:14-16

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"
Hebrews 13:5-6

Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. — Colossians 3:1-2

Matthew 7:7-11
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

“Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever." Hebrews 13:8
Old 07-15-2017, 09:56 AM   #20
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 15

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

"For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth." Psalms 33:4

Psalm 62:5, ESV "For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him."

I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall exult in my God; for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation, he has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself with a garland, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.
Isaiah 61:10

Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God's right hand. - Colossians 3:1

Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. – John 14:23

I Peter 1:19 (NLT): He paid for you with the precious lifeblood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God.

Today’s Thought: Have you ever thought how much God loves each one of us? He bought us with His Son! Wow. As we go about our day today, let’s think about that.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for loving me so much that You bought my life. Help me to never forget that. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. — Hebrews 11:1

Philippians 4:6-8
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:" Matthew 7:7

James 1:12 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.
Old 07-16-2017, 07:15 AM   #21
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 16

Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Matthew 6:26

Oh, how great are God's riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his ways! - Romans 11:33

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 1:21 (NLT): Through Christ you have come to trust in God. And because God raised Christ from the dead and gave him great glory, your faith and hope can be placed confidently in God.

Today’s Thought: We can’t be certain about much in life, we can, however, be certain about this: we can trust God. As we go about our day today, let’s put our full trust in Him.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me learn how to put my full trust in You, in everything. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

[After Jesus had raised the son of the widow from Nain:] They were all filled with awe and praised God. "A great prophet has appeared among us," they said. "God has come to help his people." —Luke 7:16

Colossians 2:9-10 9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, 10 and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority.

Psalm 91:1-2 NIV He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."

Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Psalm 37:3

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." John 1:14
Old 07-17-2017, 07:03 AM   #22
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 17

But as for me, I will look to the Lord, I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me. Rejoice not over me, O my enemy; when I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord will be a light to me. Micah 7:7–8

Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Romans 12:11

Lamentations 3:22-23 Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

"For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me." Psalms 31:3

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:18

Psalm 136:1, KJV "O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever."

For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters ... use your freedom to serve one another in love. - Galatians 5:13

This is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another. — 1 John 3:11

"Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God." 1 John 4:7
Old 07-18-2017, 07:15 AM   #24
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 18

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

"As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love." John 15:9

Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. Proverbs 4:23

“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. – Matthew 5:14-16

"Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins." 1 John 4:10
Old 07-19-2017, 07:22 AM   #26
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 19

Psalm 27:4 One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.

"For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness." Psalms 18:28

Ephesians 6:10, ESV "…Be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might."

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9–10

Hebrews 6:10 God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.

Isaiah 48:17 (NIV) "I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go."

Thought: Start by praying, "Dear God, give me a clean heart and a clear head. Help me hear Your voice. Shut every distraction out. Amen."

Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life. Psalm 143:8
Old 07-20-2017, 05:44 AM   #28
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 20

Psalm 34:8 Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.

"As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:" Colossians 2:6

So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. Galatians 3:26-27

Psalm 90:17, NIV "May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us - yes, establish the work of our hands."

Ephesians 2:4-7 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:6-7 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:29 AM   #29
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 21

"For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light." Psalms 36:9

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young – a place near your altar, Lord Almighty, my King and my God. Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you. Psalm 84:2–4

Psalm 144:9-10 (NIV) I will sing a new song to You, O God...to the One who gives victory to kings, who delivers his servant David from the deadly sword.

Thought: God can move mountains. He'll help you with whatever you face.

Like newborn babies, you must crave pure spiritual milk so that you will grow into a full experience of salvation. Cry out for this nourishment, now that you have had a taste of the Lord's kindness. - 1 Peter 2:2-3

Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. 1 Chronicles 16:11

Psalm 100:2-5
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.

Hebrews 13:5-6 5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” 6 So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?”
Post New ThreadReply