Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09-16-2017, 08:07 AM   #16
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 16

1 John 5:5 Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

We should please others. If we do what helps them, we will build them up in the Lord. Romans 15:2

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
Psalm 91:1-2

How much better to get wisdom than gold, to choose understanding rather than silver! —Proverbs 16:16
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2017, 06:36 AM   #17
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 17

John 11:40 Then Jesus said, “Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?”

"O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me." Psalms 25:2

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them. Ephesians 4:29

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. —Psalm 23:4

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." — Hebrews 13:5

"For we walk by faith, not by sight" 2 Corinthians 5:7
Old 09-18-2017, 07:27 AM   #18
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 18

"But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners." Matthew 9:13

Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.

"For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ." John 1:17

Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him. James 1:12

Learn to be wise, and develop good judgment. Proverbs 4:5

When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise. Proverbs 10:19

For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them. —Matthew 18:20

"Judge not, that ye be not judged." Matthew 7:1

Ephesians 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—
Old 09-19-2017, 07:03 AM   #19
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 19

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

"O sing unto the LORD a new song: sing unto the LORD, all the earth." Psalms 96:1

But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary,they will walk and not be faint. -Isaiah 40:31

Hatred stirs up conflict, but love covers over all wrongs. – Proverbs 10:12

“Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you” Ephesians 4:32

Today’s Scripture: James 1:2-4 (NLT): brothers and sisters, whenever trouble comes your way, let it be an opportunity for joy. For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be strong in character and ready for anything.

Today’s Thought: We do not like it when we have trials – it normally involves pain. However, we grow the most during trials. If we look at trials as “learning experiences” our whole life would change!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You change the way I view trials. I also ask that You help me learn & grow from them. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever. — 1 John 2:17
Old 09-20-2017, 07:35 AM   #20
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 20

And walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. Ephesians 5:2

Jesus replied, I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry again. Whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. - John 6:35

You must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12

“Show mercy and compassion to one another” Zechariah 7:9

Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers. Galatians 6:10

"For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened." Matthew 7:8

Psalm 16:11 You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:30 AM   #21
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 21

Titus 3:5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,

"O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him." Psalms 34:8

On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, "Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them." John 7:37–38

If you fully obey the Lord your God by keeping all the commands I am giving you today, … you will be blessed wherever you go, both in coming and in going. Deuteronomy 28:1, 6

“The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love” Psalm 103:8

Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him. —John 14:21

James 4:7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:41 AM   #22
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 22

John 15:5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

"For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost." Luke 19:10

There is no one holy like the Lord; there is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God. 1 Samuel 2:2

Yes, I am the gate. Those who come in through me will be saved. They will come and go freely and will find good pastures. - John 10:9

“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland. – Isaiah 43:18-19

“Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience” Colossians 3:12
Old 09-23-2017, 07:43 AM   #23
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 23

“Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.” - Psalm 23:6

The LORD is my light and my salvation -- whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life -- of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1

Luke 6:31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

"Praise ye the LORD. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever." Psalms 106:1

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 2 Corinthians 3:17

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Hebrews 13:8

I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me -- the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace. Acts 20:24

Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me." —Luke 9:23

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." — Matthew 7:7-8

Lamentations 3:25-26 25 The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; 26 it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:37 AM   #24
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 24

"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." 1 John 5:7

Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:15-16

“Each one of us needs to look after the good of the people around us, asking ourselves, ‘How can I help?’” (Romans 15:2

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6
Old 09-25-2017, 07:44 AM   #25
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 25

In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. - John 1:1

Romans 8:39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

"Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit." Psalms 51:12

You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Psalm 16:11

Jesus told him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. - John 14:6

“Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.” - Psalm 23:6

Draw close to God, and God will draw close to you. James 4:8

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:27 AM   #26
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 26

“Let us think about each other and help each other to show love and do good deeds” - Hebrews 10:24

Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if any one hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me. Revelation 3:20

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. - Lamentations 3:22-23

“Don’t get tired of doing what is good” Galatians 6:9

Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. —Psalm 23:6

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. — 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:58 AM   #27
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 27

Proverbs 11:25 A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.

“‘If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for one who believes.” Mark 9:23

I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; before the "gods" I will sing your praise. I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your unfailing love and your faithfulness, for you have so exalted your solemn decree that it surpasses your fame. Psalm 138:1–2

Praise the Lord, everything he has created, everything in all his kingdom. Let all that I am praise the Lord. - Psalm 103:22

"The truth will set you free." - John 8:32

Fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Philippians 4:8

“Glory and honor to God forever and ever. He is the eternal King, the unseen one who never dies; he alone is God” (1 Timothy 1:17)

The God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 1 Peter 5:10
Old 09-28-2017, 06:08 AM   #28
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 28

Galatians 6:2 Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. Let the redeemed of the Lord tell their story – those he redeemed from the hand of the foe, those he gathered from the lands, from east and west, from north and south. Psalm 107:1–3

John 6:68 (NLT) Simon Peter replied, Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life.

Thought: Jesus is the only answer to your greatest need.

Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do, because you are his dear children. - Ephesians 23:19

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” – John 16:33

Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me. —Psalm 119:133

Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all. — Colossians 3:11

Proverbs 2:1-10
My son, if you accept my words
and store up my commands within you,
turning your ear to wisdom
and applying your heart to understanding—
indeed, if you call out for insight
and cry aloud for understanding,
and if you look for it as for silver
and search for it as for hidden treasure,
then you will understand the fear of the Lord
and find the knowledge of God.
For the Lord gives wisdom;
from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
He holds success in store for the upright,
he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless,
for he guards the course of the just
and protects the way of his faithful ones.

Then you will understand what is right and just
and fair—every good path.
For wisdom will enter your heart,
and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul.

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." Romans 10:9

1 Peter 4:8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

“Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation” Isaiah 12:2
Old 09-29-2017, 05:48 AM   #29
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 29

Matthew 6:3-4 3 “But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.

"Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:" Psalms 139:23

God is not a man, so he does not lie. He is not human, so he does not change his mind. Has he ever spoken and failed to act? Has he ever promised and not carried it through? - Numbers 23:19

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. – Matthew 6:6

Proverbs 12:25 Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up.

The God whom we serve is able to save us” (Daniel 3:17)
Old 09-30-2017, 06:07 AM   #30
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 30

"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:11

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33

"And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us." Romans 5:5
Post New ThreadReply