Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2014, 01:06 AM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Isn't This Just a Small Thing?

Quote:
Isn't This Just a Small Thing?

Lysa TerKeurst

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food." Romans 14:19-20a (NIV)

I always considered my food struggle as a small thing in light of the bigger challenges of life.

I can remember saying, "God, you can mess with my pride, you can mess with my anger, you can mess with my money, you can mess with my selfishness, you can mess with my frustration with my children, you can mess with the times I disrespect my husband ... you can mess with all that, but don't mess with my overeating." However, small things can easily become big things.
So many times we forget to look at the whole picture. We feel we are not using, because we are not using our drug of choice.

I remember a counsellor when I was in treatment saying to a girl, don't worry about putting on weight, you can always deal with that later. It is normal to crave sweets when detoxing. I found that it was spiritual food I was craving and substituted food to quiet the hunger, when in fact, what I needed was spiritual, and that is why I went to so many meetings. So often food is our first addiction, which leads us to other substances.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply