Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2015, 09:49 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Let It Go

Your Daily Inspiration

Yesterday, as I always do, I started my morning in prayer. I prayed for a person who I worried about because I was hearing from them less frequently. I prayed that all was well with them and that I would hear from them again because I was worried about them. After praying, I went about reading my Bible and did not think about the issue any more.

I felt good. I had, or so I thought, surrendered my care to God and was in effect patting myself on the back for doing so. However, a few hours passed and the dark cloud of worry started to settle over my mind. I started to go to God about the situation that I had prayed about earlier but when I approached Him I heard Him speak ever so clearly that I had given the situation over to Him and it was time to LET IT GO.

How many of us do that? We prayed about a situation, essentially surrendering it to God, but then moments later are back to picking it up again. What is it about worry that makes us forget the power of God to handle our concerns? I wish I knew, but I do know that God does not want us carrying unnecessary burdens around. He wants us to LET THEM GO and stop picking them back up again to try and fix ourselves.

Beloved, it is God’s will that we present all of our worries, anxieties and problems to Him in order for Him to handle them (Psalm 55:22, 1 Peter 5:7). He can do more with them than we ever could. And believe me when I say, He wants to. He wants to take everything that concerns us because He loves us that much.

There is tremendous freedom in surrender. There is freedom in letting go. He wants us to release every weight that besets us because He did not build us to handle them. His word commands us time and time again to let whatever concerns us to Him because He cares so deeply for us. When we remain tied to whatever it is that we have given to Him in prayer we never experience the peace that passes all understanding, which is our rightful portion as children of God (Philippians 4:6-7).

I thank God that He continues to show me these lessons. He continues to speak to me and show me how to live a life of freedom in Him. At this stage in my life, I do not want to hold onto or carry anything that I don’t need to. I am learning to LET IT GO.

-Nina Fortson

“God cares for you, so turn all your worries over to him.” 1 Peter 5:7 (CEV)

Loving Father, thank You for loving me so much that You want nothing more than for me to surrender all my cares, worries and concerns over to You. I can’t thank You enough for loving me so much. In Jesus’ Name, I pray. Amen

Sisters In Christ
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply