Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2014, 11:58 PM   #6
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Control is thinking that I have the power.

Powerlessness is admitting that you are not in control of everything. That you are not playing God. There are 2 wills on this earth God's will and self - will. It sounds like your friend is still stuck in her own self - will , wanting to change or fix things.

I am powerless over people, places and things, but when I surrender to a Higher Power, then I am 'empowered' to do what I need to do for myself. The God of my understanding doesn't do for me what I can do for myself, but He will give me the courage, the strength, and the direction to do what I need to live my life, just for today. He may give me the words to say to someone who needs some new direction and awareness. I can go to Him and ask for the right words to say, but I am a channel and only through His blessing and I able to make a difference.

For me, it is Divine orderly good, or Good orderly direction, which comes from within, when I maintain that spiritual connection with my Higher Power and will His will not mine, be done.

Quote:
Part of powerlessness is acceptance. As the phrase goes "We admitted we were powerless....."

Admitting to means allowing, permitting or acknowledging all of which leads to the possibility of acceptance.
We are powerless, and it wasn't until I substituted the word control in the place of power that I could find an understanding of the word. If I was controlling something, it was already out of control. If I trying to exert power over something, the power isn't there or I wouldn't have to try.

When I surrender, I am empowered but until I have the awareness and acceptance of that powerlessness, I can not make the decision to ask for my Higher Power's help. I also had to distinguish what was God's role and what was my part because I firmly believe God doesn't do for me what I can't do for myself.
Posted in 2004,and I am as powerless in today, ten years later as I was when this was posted. I still do that daily "Honesty, Surrender, and Acceptance, and by doing so, I put my life into the care of my God.

Through Him I can do, without Him, my life is unmanageable.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply