Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2017, 06:07 AM   #28
bluidkiti
Administrator

AA Thought for the Day

June 28

The Bright Spot
Life will take on new meaning. To watch people recover, to see them help others,
to watch loneliness vanish, to see a fellowship grow up about you, to have a host
of friends—this is an experience you must not miss. We know you will not want to miss it.
Frequent contact with newcomers and with each other is the bright spot of our lives.
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 89

Thought to Ponder . . .
Get it - Give it - Grow in it.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A L C O H O L I C S = A Life Centered On Helping Others Live In Complete Sobriety.

~*~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~*~

Prayer
"The man said, 'The thing I do is to say
"God here I am and here are all my troubles.
I've made a mess of things and can't do anything about it.
You take me and all my troubles,
and do anything you want with me." '
I return to bed. It doesn't make sense. . .
I am in the bottom of hell.
And there a tremendous hope is born.
It might be true.
I tumble out of bed on my knees.
I know not what I say.
But slowly a great peace comes to me.
I feel lifted up. I believe in God.
I crawl back into bed and sleep like a child."
1976AAWS, Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 504

Thought to Consider . . .
Faith is not belief without proof;
it's trust without reservation.

*~*~*AACRONYMS*~*~*
A S A P = Always Say A Prayer

*~*~*~*~*^Just For Today!^*~*~*~*~*

Foundations
>From "The Three Legacies of Alcoholics Anonymous":
"In important matters there was still considerable disagreement between the Eastern and the Midwestern viewpoints.
Our people out there were still active Oxford Group members, while we in New York had withdrawn a year before. In
Akron and vicinity they still talked about the Oxford Groups absolutes: absolute honesty, absolute purity, absolute
unselfishness, and absolute love. This dose was found to be too rich for New Yorkers, and we had abandoned the
expressions. But all of us, East and West, were placing increasing emphasis on Dr. Silkworth's expression describing
the alcoholic's dilemma: the obsession plus the allergy. By now we knew from experience that the new prospect had
to accept Step One or get no place."
2001 AAWS, Inc.; Alcoholics Anonymous Comes of Age, pgs. 160-61

*~*~*~*~*^ Grapevine Quote ^*~*~*~*~*

"I have no secrets, and I fear no man. I am not anxious about death. I am alive, forever, within this 24 hours."
Brooklyn, New York, June 1974
"The Fifth Step -- A Way to Stay High,"
Step By Step

*~*~*~*~*^ Big Book & Twelve N' Twelve Quotes of the Day ^*~*~*~*~*

"...we aren't a glum lot. If newcomers could see no joy or fun in our existence,
they wouldn't want it. We absolutely insist on enjoying life."
Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, The Family Afterward, pg. 132

"Sometimes we think fear ought to be classed with stealing."
-Alcoholics Anonymous p. 68 (How It Works)

"Then fear, in turn, generates more character defects."
-Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions p. 49 (Step Four)

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

Few people have been more victimized by resentments than have we alcoholics. A burst of temper could spoil a day, and a well-nursed grudge could make us miserably ineffective. Nor were we ever skillful in separating justified from unjustified anger. As we saw it, our wrath was always justified. Anger, that occasional luxury of more balanced people, could keep us on an emotional jag indefinitely. These 'dry benders' often led straight to the bottle.
Nothing pays of like restraint of tongue and pen. We must avoid quick-tempered criticism, furious power-driven argument, sulking, and silent scorn. These are emotional booby traps baited with pride and vengefulness. When we are tempted by the bait, we should train ourselves to step back and think. We can neither think nor act to good purpose until the habit of self-restraint has become automatic.

Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, remove my fear so that I may live in true faith today. I know that if I am in a true state of faith, the fear will dissipate.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply