Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > 12 Steps and 12 Traditions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

12 Steps and 12 Traditions Information and Discussions related to the 12 Steps and The 12 Traditions

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04-11-2017, 11:25 PM   #541
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I ask for help in letting go of resentments. Had a resentment against my son for waking me up this morning when I had only slept for 2 hours. I have been awak all day, and every time I laid down, I couldn't seem to stay down.

It was ironic, seeing as I was up, I decided to follow through on my plans and went to a noon meeting and then grocery shopping. At the meeting they read Freedom from Bondage and talks about Step Three. The reading in the Big Book was Step 3 and the beginning of Step 4. Needless to say, it was what I needed to hear. Just for today, I will practice the principles of the program on all of my affairs.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2017, 11:54 PM   #542
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will have acceptance of what is in the moment. I will practice my program and give thanks that it is there for me at this time. I have to accept my son's disease as well as my own. I also need to remember that I qualify for both sides of the street.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 04-14-2017, 11:16 AM   #543
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will live in the moment. I will check my attitude at the door and remember that it takes one to know one.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 04-15-2017, 09:32 PM   #544
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will give thanks for the healing power that was made available to me today. A friend of mine said, "You are always helping others, I am taking you to a place to get healing for you. It was a good experience. I don't know that I would go again as it was against some of my personal beliefs, but that is okay. They prayed to a God of all religions, I pray to a God who is all powerful and gives, no matter what religion you are.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 04-16-2017, 01:45 PM   #545
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will be open minded and be willing to receive all the lessons and gifts that have been sent my way. I didn't agree with all that was said yesterday, but I was very aware of the energy in the room, just not sure all of it was positive.

As they say, "Take what you need and leave the rest." I like to think of it as leave some for the other guy, he may need it more than you do. Three people there had the same issues as I did. All gifts gratefully received.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:58 PM   #546
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I am willing to be willing to do what I need to do for myself. I went to my chiropractor's appointment, caught the bus to go to see my sister in the hospital, and when she fell asleep when I was there, I left and came home to my own bed. I fell asleep in my chair last night and didn't feel rested. I credited the healing energies I received yesterday for a good sleep. I woke and felt like a new me. Before I went to bed I went to the pharmacy to take my blood pressure. I was 129/77/75, much better than 147/56/60 of the previous reading.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 04-18-2017, 08:50 PM   #547
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will think happy thoughts. I will have hope for my sister and wish her all the best. She is not open minded. I told her that people where asking for her. She countered that her pastor had been to see her. Maybe it is my thinking, but I got the impression that if the prayers don't come from church they don't count. So many come from church, but that doesn't mean church prayers are the only ones that are powerful.

I believe a thought is a prayer. We need to give out good thoughts, because what we put out, we get back.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 04-19-2017, 04:56 PM   #549
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will try to love myself. Sometimes we need love from others, especially when we can't find it within ourselves. Today I can't seem to think through the pain.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 04-20-2017, 07:43 PM   #550
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today I will try. The failure is in the not trying, so I know that I have to do the foot work and put the effort into things if I wants things to happen.

Failure is in the not trying. Trying and not meeting our expectations or that of others, is not a failure. We need to lower our expectations and not take on other people's stuff.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 04-21-2017, 08:35 PM   #551
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will let my day unfold and except my God's Blessings in today. It isn't every day that I get 7 plus hours of sleep. It is so important to be grateful. It may not seem much to some people, but for me they are golden.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 04-22-2017, 09:35 PM   #552
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will nurture and take care of myself. The sun was shining and yet, my whole body has ached from top to toe. It even hurt to type. No pain pills to take, so did meditation earlier, will do more when I finish posting.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 04-25-2017, 10:20 PM   #554
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will practice patience and tolerance, mainly with myself. I can't do what I want to do when I want to do it and it is ticking me off, to put it mildly.

It is practice what you preach. You know what to do, why haven't you done it? When all else fails? Pray!!!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 04-25-2017, 10:21 PM   #555
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will practice patience and tolerance, mainly with myself. I can't do what I want to do when I want to do it and it is ticking me off, to put it mildly.

It is practice what you preach. You know what to do, why haven't you done it? When all else fails? Pray!!!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply