Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2013, 07:51 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 2

Prayer for Purity of Thought

Almighty God, who alone gave me the breath of life, and alone can keep alive in me the holy desires your Spirit brings; I pray to you, in the name of your infinite compassion, to sanctify my thoughts and endeavors this day; that I may not begin to act without a pure intention or continue it without your blessing. And grant that, having the eyes of my mind opened to behold things invisible and unseen, I may in heart be inspired by your wisdom, and in work be upheld by your strength, and in the end be accepted by you as your faithful servant; through Jesus Christ our Savior. Amen.

(from St. Teresa of Avila)

May it please you, my good Lord, that there may come a day when I can repay a little of my great debt to you. O Jesus, strengthen my soul, you who are good above all good; and since you have inclined my soul in this way, show me how I may act for you, whatever it may cost, O Lord. Here is my life, my honor and my will; I have given them all to you and they are yours: use me to do whatever you want. Amen.

Dear Lord, when everything seems to be flying apart in my life and I feel overwhelmed, remind me to stop everything, to sit quietly, to center in on You, and to read Your Word. For only as I return to oneness with You can my harmony be restored. ... Remind me that You are my Shepherd, and I shall not want for inner peace, for strength, for confidence, and for answers, for You have promised that Your Holy Spirit will lead me into all truth and show me where I need to change. ... Thank You, Lord, for always being there for me when I turn to You.

In Your name I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord God, help me to consider more carefully what I offer to my friends; and may I not be critical of what I receive from my friends. May I not be a hindrance instead of a help to those who would have my companionship. Amen.

Jesus, may I appreciate life and this day. May I be mindful of the love which surrounds me. You are ever present and lift me up when the cross becomes too heavy. Thank you for the breathe and life you give each day. Another day to feel your compassion and give that care to others.

Lord, help me to grow in love for You and in trust of Your care and concern. Teach me to pray "in Your name," according to Your character, and to rejoice in the answer You give me -- yes, no, wait, grow - as a sign of Your fatherly love for us. John Guest

Thank you Lord for this morning. We are very much thankful for all the blessings you gave us. For all the challenges we are encountering each day. I know you are teaching us to be strong and for molding us to a character that you want us to be. We thank you for our family and friends.

We pray that you will be our Lord of our family and over our work. Bless the hands of our work. May it produce results that are pleasing to you. Give us what you think is good for us. We trust you and we are willing to wait for the right time and opportunity.

May you forgive our sins and lead us not into things that will destroy us.

Thank You, Lord, for allowing me to see this day… Father God, I come to You as humbly as I know how, seeking Your face and patiently waiting as I know You are working things out in my favor. Lord, it’s sometimes difficult to believe that things will get better as we are going through them. I pray that each of us are reminded that Your eye is even on the sparrow! Lord, I am encouraged just knowing that You love me because there is power just in knowing that. As we go about our day today, Father, please go before us and allow us to find favor with those in positions of natural authority over our freedoms, our successes, our incomes, and any other aspect of our lives. Father, it is by Your grace that any of us have made it this far and no matter what trials we are experiencing, You always continue to confirm in our spirits the covenant You made with man.

Lord, there have been mistakes made and I am not always obedient or even pleasing to You… I come before Your throne asking forgiveness for my sins, Father God. Please cleanse me of impurities and help me to be a better me today than I was yesterday. Thank You for convicting my spirit when I am wrong and for giving me opportunities to benefit from my mistakes – to learn lessons that will carry me on an easier path in the future. I know that You have never left me, Lord, and I praise Your name for being a God of truth. My hope is that I am able to walk more closely in Your footsteps daily, continually evaluating myself so that my behavior may be more like Christ. Lord, Your Word tells me that if I delight in You, You will give me the desires of my heart. You know my heart, Lord, and I thank You in advance for preparing me for the greatness that is to come because of the faith I have in Your promises.

Please be with those who are in need, Father God; with those whose health is suffering – give them healing; with those who are hungry, oppressed, persecuted, homeless… bless them. Lord, please be with those who are living in areas of ruin… in areas of war. Please bring unity to the families that are in turmoil, Lord; help them to mend their brokenness by trusting in You to make things right within them. For those whose finances are troubled, Father, please bring them provision; for those whose minds are weary, let them find peace; for those whose bodies are weak, let them find rest. More importantly than them simply finding these things, Lord, let them find these things in YOU. As we begin this day, Lord, let us be reminded of the sacrifice Jesus Christ made so that salvation would be available to us; so that we might know You. I praise You, Father God, for loving us so completely! Hallelujah! All of these things, I pray in the preciously perfect name of Jesus, AMEN!!!

“A Prayer Of Thanks To The Creator”

Father of creation, when I consider the infinite variety of Your handiwork I stand in awe at Your unlimited power, Your incredible creativity, and Your attention to detail. How amazing that You care for the birds, animals, insects, water and plant life and You have a purpose for each of these creations. How much more amazing that You created human life for Your good pleasure and for fulfilling Your purpose to redeem mankind. By the testimony of my life may I bring You glory and honor as I, with exuberant and victorious joy, proclaim with the twenty four elders in heaven, “You are worthy to receive glory and honor and power!” In the glorious name of Jesus I pray, Amen.

Dear Lord, I don't feel I express how much I love that you are in my life. Please know that my heart and soul belong to you. Thank you for all you have done.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply