Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 3

Oh heavenly Lord, who decreed that we should take one day of rest, one special day in remembrance of you, today I celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ, the moment of His glorious victory over death. I add my voice to countless millions of others in thanks, in praise, and in awe of Your sacrifice for us.

Help me, dear Lord, to dedicate these few moments to You completely. You have taught us that we may dwell with you, even while we are caught in this difficult world, and I pray to dwell with you fully now. Guard me against wandering of mind and the intrusion of mundane thought, so that I may be fully present with you, through the power of Your Holy Spirit.

And in the coming week, I pray that my mind may constantly turn to you, so that I may always remember you when I am tempted to anger, to selfishness, to lust for power and the vanities of this world, or any of the myriad temptations that might assail me in the course of life. In the name of Christ and through faith in Him, I pray, Amen.

Eternal God, heavenly Father, you have graciously accepted me as a living member of your Son our Savior Jesus Christ, and you have blessed me with the grace of forgiveness through the sacrifice He made for me and for all people. Send me now into the world in peace, and grant me strength and courage to love and serve you with gladness and singleness of heart; through Christ our Lord. Amen.

My Creator, may I remember that after thou didst create the earth thou didst say it was good. May I love the fragrance and beauty of the flowers which were made to nourish the soul, and the fruits and herbs which were made to nourish the body. May my song of thanksgiving be new every morning, as I awake in the abundance of what thou hast prepared. Amen.

Prayer at Daylight

Lord,
as daylight fills the sky,
fill us with your holy light.
May our lives mirror our love for you
whose wisdom has brought us into being,
and whose care guides us on our way.
We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever. AMEN.

Prayer in the Morning

God our Father,
hear our morning prayer
and let the radiance of your love
scatter the gloom of our hearts.
The light of heaven's love has restored us to life;
free us from the desires that belong to darkness.

Prayer To Be Your Witnesses

God our Savior,
hear our morning prayer:
help us to follow the light
and live the truth.
In you, we have been born again
as sons and daughters of light:
may we be your witnesses before all the world.

Prayer To Begin the Day

God our Father,
yours is the beauty of creation
and the good things you have given us.
Help us to begin this day joyfully in your name
and to spend it in loving service
of you and our fellow man.

Prayer To Spend the Day For Your Glory

God our creator,
you gave us the earth to cultivate
and the sun to serve our needs.
Help us to spend this day
for your glory and our neighbor's good.
one God, for ever and ever. AMEN

Sunday Morning
My loving God, I thank You for bringing me safely to another day of worship. How I desire to praise You with a pure heart and right spirit! To that end, I again ask Your forgiveness for all my sins and renewing of my faith. As I speak to You today, fill my heart with true praise and thankfulness for all You have done for me. Lead me to appreciate more fully the blessings of worshiping with my fellow Christians. Thank You for the opportunity to pray and study Your Word with other believers. Make me a faithful witness in my congregation and my family so that others will see me leaning only on You, who saved me in Jesus Christ. Amen.

Sunday Evening
As I end this day, I thank You, Lord, for keeping me safe through the daylight hours. I pray that You would also send angels this night to protect me as I sleep. Awaken me tomorrow refreshed and renewed for the duties of the week. I give You heartfelt thanks for the privilege and freedom to worship You today. May your words of refreshment be a guide and a light for my path through the coming week. Bless my family, my friends, and all those I love who are in special need of Your comforting hand. Strengthen me in body and spirit to serve You as I begin another week. All these things I pray in the name of Jesus, my crucified Savior and risen Lord. Amen.

This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 1 John 1:5, NIV

Lord our God, rule over us in strength, and grant us your light. Let your Spirit be with us to confirm what has already taken place in our hearts, so that we have joy and trust even under all the strain and stress of this life. Shine into the darkness of the world. Shine for all men. May we be shown more and more clearly what we men have been created for. Strengthen our faith for the future, our faith in everything good, for however hidden the good may be, it must at last come to the light. May we and all the world bring praise and honor to you. Amen.

Dear Lord, I don't feel I express how much I love that you are in my life. Please know that my heart and soul belong to you. Thank you for all you have done.

Dear heavenly Father, I do appreciate the sound advice and wisdom found in the book of Proverbs. Lord, help me to apply this advice to situations in my daily life when I am faced with certain issues. Lord Jesus, give me Your discernment to know how I should relate to certain people who irritate me or bother me in some way. May I respond to them in love and in wisdom. May I know the difference when I am approached by someone with an honest heart or someone who is manipulating me for the wrong purposes. Fill my mouth with wisdom in these cases. I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply