Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2013, 09:59 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 5

Prayer for the Morning

Good morning, dear Father; thank you for this day, Help me to follow you in every way. Let me speak as you speak, and do as you do; Let me help others, as you help them, too.

Help me to be honest, don't let me play games, Help me to grow, yet still stay the same. Help me not to be selfish, to give of my heart, my mind and my labor; Give all - not just part.

Help me to love others, my family, my friends, Bless all of my foes, help me make amends. Help me be kind, Father, where I am needed, let Me give warm attention, and see all needs are met.

Help keep me busy, to strive for the best, Help me not to be lazy, but find needed rest. Let me come to you, Father, throughout the day, Often to thank you, often to pray. Amen.

Prayer of Praise (from Psalm 86)

Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications. In the day of my trouble I will call upon you: for you will answer me.

Among the gods there is none like you, O Lord; and no works like those you have done. All nations whom you have made will come and worship before you, O Lord; and will glorify your name.

For you are great, and do wondrous things: you are God alone.

Teach me your way, Lord, and I will walk in your truth: unite my heart to fear your name. I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify your name forever. Amen.

Parting Prayer

Lord, pour your love into my heart, that I may love you above all things, and my neighbors as myself. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Loving Others

Father, the end of all things is at hand, and we will be serious and watchful in our prayers. Above all things help us have fervent love for one another — love that covers a multitude of sins. May we be hospitable to one another without grumbling, and minister to each other with the ability You supply. In all things we pray that You will be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion for ever. Amen.

1 Peter 3:7-11

My Father, I pray that I may not through indifference wander without a purpose, or through discouragement stumble through the darkness. May I be drawn to the light by the vision of hopeful and useful days. Amen.

God our Father, open our eyes to whatever may not be just and right in our own surroundings and in our society. Enable us to be of good influence and work in a non-violent way to promote understanding and better relationships that will lead to justice and peace. Amen.

Living in the Spirit

Ephesians 5:15-18

Dear Father,

Help me to be careful about how I live. May I behave not as an unwise person but as a wise one.

Help me make the most of every opportunity, because the days of this age are evil. I don't want to be foolish. I want to understand what the will of the Lord is.

May I never use or abuse alcohol or drugs, which would lead to an undisciplined and wasted life. Instead, let me be drunk with your Spirit.

In Jesus' name. Amen.

“A Prayer For Spiritual Focus”

Father, since we have been raised to new life with Christ Jesus, we set our sights on the joyous realities of our future home up in heaven. Focusing our attention and affection there cushions the painful realities we experience or see in other lives down here. We do not lose heart or allow sin to have dominion over us if we fix our eyes on Jesus, His promises, and our future home in heaven. We do not divert our attention to the world but devote our heart to You, dear Father, so that all will be well with our soul, even when trouble surrounds us. Many need that same hope today, so we must go to this world that is dying and tell of Your salvation to all who will hear this glorious message. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

The eyes of the Lord are upon them that fear him, he is their powerful protector, and strong stay, a defence from the heat, and a cover from the sun at noon, a preservation from stumbling, and a help from falling... Sirach 34:19-20, Douay-Rheims

Lord God Almighty, whose eyes keep watch over the whole world, we come before you with the evil from our surroundings still clinging to us. Grant that our lives may be in your hands. Give us your strength to find the way, even through suffering and distress. For we are yours, O Lord our God, and you have chosen your people to be strong and to be freed from all evils. Help us, we beseech you. May we know that you are with us and may your Word bring us blessing, to the glory of your name forever. Amen.

Dear Lord, I ask that you grant me the wisdom to overcome the challenges that lie ahead. Help me know that all will turn out fine in the end as you are here to guide me.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the wealth of wisdom from the book of Proverbs in Your Holy Bible. Help me to apply it to my life in all my daily affairs. Lord, may I always be sincere and honest in my relationships with others. Give me a gentle and understanding heart toward those who do not know You, so that my life and prayers will affect them, and bring them to the knowledge of Your dear Son. Fill me with the Holy Spirit today, so that all whom I come in contact with will sense Your presence. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply