Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 6

Prayer to Do God’s Will

Oh Lord God, Father Almighty who created me and everything I see and enjoy, blessed and beautiful Jesus, love of my heart, bounteous Holy Spirit of God who is so kind as to be with me and comfort me whenever I ask, I thank you for all that I am and all that I have had in my life. Thy will be done, my God. I ask only that you let me know your will for me, for I am often confused or conflicted, and I seek your guidance. Knowing your will for me, let me be anxious for nothing. And I pray for the strength, the power and the energy, to accomplish your purpose. All glory be to you, one God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who was before time and will be forever, Amen.

Now all glory to God, who is able to keep us from falling away and will bring us with great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault. All glory to him who alone is God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are his before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time! Amen.

Called With A Holy Calling

Father, You have not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and of a sound mind. We will not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord. You saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to Your own purpose and grace which was given us in Christ Jesus before time began. You called us and You are faithful to do it in the name of Jesus.

2 Timothy 1:7-9; 1 Thessalonians 5:24

Dear Lord, Your Word says that, "With God all things are possible."* So if I am on Your side, on Your wavelength, living within Your will, then we are on the same side. What more do I need? ... It's up to me to live close to You daily so that I can recognize Your direction for me, isn't it? For then and only then can I step out in faith, trusting that " ... all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."**

Amen, and Amen, and Amen.

* (Matt. 19:26) ** (Romans 8:28)

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Speaking in the Spirit

Ephesians 5:15-20

Dear Father,

Help me speak to my spouse, my family, your church, and the world about you and your grace.

Let my heart and my mouth overflow with the music of praise - psalms and hymns and spiritual songs - as I sing and make melody in my heart to the Lord.

Fill me with constant thanksgiving to you for everything. In the name of the Lord Jesus. Amen.

“A Prayer For Strength For Service”

Father, those whom You call You also equip to do that which we cannot do in ourselves. Some of us come up against extremely difficult odds, whether it’s due to our family history, physical limitations from birth, an accident, disease or aging. Any or all of these negatives have a way of consuming us and can contribute to a victim’s outlook. But You don’t victimize us, Father, You make us Victors as You give us helps along the way, provide caregivers who support and cheer us on. You perform small and big miracles within us to accomplish Your intended will for our lives. You assured a frightened Moses with these words, “I will be with you” and You assure our spirits with the very same message, “I will be with you” no matter how hard the test, how long it endures, or the timing of its appearance. Faithful God, You never change, but are always the same and we’re assured the victory just like Abraham, Moses, Job, Daniel and all the other common, ordinary people of the Bible who became heroes in our eyes. We walk in victory because You are the great I AM and You are with us. We love You and look to You in the name of Jesus. Amen.

On this mountain he will destroy the shroud that enfolds all peoples, the sheet that covers all nations; he will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign Lord will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove his people's disgrace from all the earth. The Lord has spoken. Isaiah 25:7–8, NIV

Lord our God, your kingdom is coming. Your help reaches us. However much we must suffer, we look to you, for you have given us your promise. You have promised that all shall go well with us. You have promised that while still on earth your people may have strength to trust in you and wait for you in patience and joy. So lay your hands upon us, O Lord our God, and let your redeeming strength be revealed in us. You know all our needs. You see into each heart and know how to help, as you have promised. Bless us and help us, and may your name be honored among us. May your kingdom come, and your will be done on earth as in heaven. Amen.

Dear Lord, I ask that you grant me the wisdom to overcome the challenges that lie ahead. Help me know that all will turn out fine in the end as you are here to guide me.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply