Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 8

Oh God, hold me in the palm of your hand. I pray that you will mold me into what you want me to be. May I joyfully fill the role you have given to me and feel your peace deep in my soul, today and always, Amen.

God our Father, may no-one’s negative actions ever overpower my determination to choose to live in a positive way. I know that to forgive someone can be far from being an easy option, and I know that forgiveness isn’t somehow pretending that something wrong hasn’t happened. For what I have done wrong, Father, forgive me to the extent that I am generous in forgiving - or hoping to forgive - those who have done wrong to me. Empower me to break the cycle of any hatred, resentment or bitterness, always resisting evil and conquering it with goodness. Amen.

Submission

Ephesians 5:21-6:9

Dear Father,

Help all of us who reverence Christ to be submissive to each other, even as he submitted himself to the people about him so that he could be their servant-king.

Help wives and husbands submit to each other. Help wives to be respectful. Help husbands to be loving and considerate.

Help parents and children submit to each other. Help children to obey their parents. Help parents to act in the best interest of their children, not provoking them.

Help employers and employees submit to each other. Help employees render the work for which they are paid. Help employers to be fair, to show kindness.

Help all your people everywhere to live even as Jesus did.

In the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.

God of all creation, at the dawning of this new day fill us with wonder and gratitude for the abundance of your blessings. We lift our hearts and voices to praise you for the beauty of the earth, the harvest of field and orchard. Give us hearts that long to share our abundance with those who suffer from want and hopelessness. We ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

“A Prayer For A New Life”

Father, as Your new creation we have crucified our sinful selves and found new life through Your indwelling Holy Spirit. We have given up our old selfish desires and sin no longer masters our thoughts and actions. We deny our sinful nature so that Your will may be accomplished in our lives as we reflect Your glory day by day. Your deliverance power gives us the strength we need to deal with ongoing temptation to yield to our old sinful nature. Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. It is through Christ that we resist the enemy and yield to the Spirit. Amen.

Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me, has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life. John 5:24, NIV

Lord our God, we thank you for giving us Jesus Christ, whose words remain living to this very day. You will make his words continually alive so that in the name of Jesus Christ joyful praises are sung to you, Almighty God and Father in heaven. Remember us all. Remember the particular needs of each one of us. Come to the world through the words of Jesus Christ. May his words come as your strong angels to the hearts of many to comfort and restore, to help and do miracles for those in need. May your name be praised through the great and mighty Word, Jesus Christ! Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for hearing my prayer. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to learn and understand that for everything that happens there is a reason. Help me understand that I must not question why things happen but to accept that it did and learn how to move forward even in the face of despair.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply