Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 10

Prayer for Purity of Worship

Almighty God, unto whom all hearts are open, all desires are known, and from whom no secrets are hidden: Cleanse the thoughts of my heart by the inspiration of your Holy Spirit, that I may perfectly love you and worthily praise your holy name. Through Christ I pray, Amen.

Confession

Have mercy on me, Oh Lord, for I am a humble and miserable sinner. [At this point, pause to remember specific sins you have committed during the week and speak or think them.] I renounce all of these sins, heavenly Father, and repent of them, and I promise to make every effort not to repeat them.

Have mercy on me, pardon me for these offences and any I might have omitted from forgetfulness or ignorance; in the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, I pray for forgiveness. And I pray that your Holy Spirit may dwell with me today and throughout the coming week, to comfort me, to give me strength against temptation, and to guide me into the path of righteousness. Amen.

For the Philippines

Heavenly Lord, look down with mercy upon all those in the Philippines who have suffered the terrible devastation of Typhoon Haiyan. Have mercy on the souls of those who have died; comfort and heal those who are injured; and be with all who have lost homes, friends or relatives, or otherwise suffered from this catastrophe. Soften the hearts of the world's people, and encourage them to give of their prayer, their substance and their time to help those who have suffered from this extraordinary storm. In the name of Jesus, your merciful Son, I pray. Amen.

Prayer for the Power of the Holy Spirit

O Holy Spirit, descend plentifully into my heart. Enlighten the dark corners of this neglected dwelling and scatter there Thy cheerful beams.
- Breathe in me, O Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy.
- Act in me, O Holy Spirit, that my work, too, may be holy.
- Draw my heart, O Holy Spirit, that I love but what is holy.
- Strengthen me, O Holy Spirit, to defend all that is holy.
- Guard me, then, O Holy Spirit, that I always may be holy.
Amen.

by (Saint) Augustine of Hippo, 398 A.D.

Into your hands, O Lord, Jesus Christ, my God, I commend my spirit. Bless me and all those who pray in faith of You this day and throughout the coming week; save us and grant unto us everlasting life. Amen.

Dear Lord, one morning after studying Your Word I prayed and asked for the Holy Spirit's guidance for my day, and for my life. ... Usually, I am in a hurry, and I do not often wait for Your answers. But that morning I waited, and then these words came to me: "Accept each day's challenges! Remember that I have promised to be with you always! Trust Me! I am closer than a cell phone away!" ... Oh Lord, if I step out in faith and trust You, You will be with me, ready to guide and help and strengthen me. ... Your answer may not be just what I had in mind, but remind me that You see the bigger picture - You know what I need. ... Help me, Lord, to recognize my blessings, and to thank You each day. ... You are trustworthy; help me to be that way too!

In Jesus' name we pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Loving Father, I bless thee for thy goodness and tender mercy which is over all. May I trust thy provision and love through all circumstances, and as I trust myself to thee may I have faith to believe that thou wilt give me strength for what I may have to endure, and believe that thou wilt care for me, as thou dost care for all. Amen.

God our Father, you are very pleased when you see people living fully, developing their talents, living a balanced life, and being of service to others. We ask you to inspire us to live as you would have us live and walk in your presence. Amen.

"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty." Revelation 1:8, NIV

Lord our God, the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end, who was and is and is to come, the Almighty, we thank you for this wonderful message, which is meant for us too, even though our lives often seem empty and sad. But behold, you make all things new for each one of us. Even though we have long tormented ourselves, the light of life will dawn at last and we will be able to rejoice. Continue to protect us and our community. Wake us to new life, for you have called us to believe and to endure to the end. Whatever sorrows and hardships may come, we will remain faithful, O Lord our God. This is our promise to you. We will persevere and say joyfully, "Jesus Christ is coming to make all things new." Amen.

Dear Father, please help me today. I have much to do and very little time. I fear that I may make the wrong decisions and complicate things. Please give me the wisdom to make the right decisions and the strength to follow them through.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply