Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #19
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 18

Martin Luther's Prayer for Morning

I give thanks to you, heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ your dear Son, that you have protected me through the night from all danger and harm. I ask you to preserve and keep me, this day also, from all sin and evil, that in all my thoughts, words, and deeds I may serve and please you. Into your hands I commend my body and soul and all that is mine. Let your holy angels have charge of me, that the wicked one have no power over me. Amen.

Prayers for Those Torn by Alcohol and Drugs

I pray, O God of hope, for all persons and families whose lives are torn and disrupted by drugs and alcohol. Enable them to identify the illness. Strengthen them to seek help. Bless them with the power of your love, which imparts transformation and wholeness to those who trust in your name. Grant that as they walk this tortured road, they may journey together, bound close together in the bond of love. Shine your light upon them, Lord Christ, that they may see the path out of their misery, and give them the strength to follow it. Amen.

(from Colossians 3)

Let the word of Christ richly dwell within me all this day; and whatever I do in word or deed, may I do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. Amen.

Giving Thanks to God

Lord, You are our God. You made us; we are the sheep of Your pasture. I enter into Your gates with thanksgiving, and into Your courts with praise. I am thankful unto You, and bless Your name. Lord, You are good; Your mercy is everlasting; and Your truth endures to all generations. I go forth this day rejoicing with a joyous spirit and a glad heart in the name of Jesus. Amen. (Giving Thanks to God, Volume 3, Prayers That Avail Much)

Psalm 100

Dear Father God, help me to understand where self-esteem ends and pride begins. ... You must know that today's teaching is that most people don't have enough self-esteem, and that children should be taught to "feel good" about themselves. ... Is it not so that You have created each of us with the gift of life, and an uniqueness in Your sight that comprises individual ability and purpose, to be discovered and developed? ... Parents should help each child to understand this, and encourage each to do his/her best. ... The more talented persons have more responsibility, but everyone has some quality that needs to be developed and used for one's own best interests, and for society's good. These are the blessings; the danger is in letting self-esteem become over-bearing pride! Help me to see this, Father.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

© 2001 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

God our Father, in good times may I live in such a way that I will be strengthened for the difficult times that all of us face in our lives. Lead me now to make positive choices to value friendship and loyalty, and develop attitudes and values, treasuring all that is lasting and important. Throughout difficult times may I build on the positive choices of my past, looking outward in the service of others and avoiding self-pity. May I grow in the faith that, whatever my circumstances, I need have no regrets but may entrust my past to your mercy, my present to your love, and my future to your Providence. May I know, too, that my faith in you is only a shadow of your faith in me and your love for me. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply