Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2013, 09:00 AM   #21
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 20

For Those in Need of Strength

I pray, Lord, for all who will need strength and courage in the day ahead: For those who face danger. For those who risk themselves for others. For those who must make an important decision today. For people who are seriously ill. For those facing persecution or torture. I ask you, Lord, to give them the power of your Spirit, Amen.

O good shepherd, seek me out, and bring me home to your fold again. Deal favorably with me according to your good pleasure, until I may dwell in your house all the days of my life, and praise your forever and ever with them that are there. Amen.

from a prayer of St. Jerome, 408 A.D.

Speak Words of Kindness

The law of kindness is in my mouth, and I purpose to speak words of wisdom. I realize that the words that I speak contain the power of life and death, and in the name of Jesus, I loose from myself an attitude of sarcasm, and bind to myself an attitude of kindness. I bind mercy and truth about my neck, and write them upon the table of my heart. When my words instigate anger, forgive me and help me correct my speech. When an angry person challenges me, help me remember that a soft answer turns away wrath. In the name of Jesus. Amen.

Proverbs 31:26; 28:21; Matthew 18:18; Proverbs 3:3; Proverbs 15:1

Dear Lord Jesus, let us re-read yesterday's prayer, and help us to make important the things You consider important in our lives -- the attitudes of our hearts. Let us seek to exhibit the fruit of the Holy Spirit, which can only be developed when we stay attached to You, the "vine,"* for without You we can do nothing.

In Your holy name we pray.

Amen.

* (See John 15:5)

© 2001 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

God our Father, open our eyes to the wonder of all your creation - from the beauty of all that is close to us, to the fascination of far-away places on our own planet and far beyond. Heighten our awareness, deepen our understanding, and extend our horizons that we may have respect for all that is around us and discover your kingdom deep within us. Amen

“A Prayer For Seeing The Big Picture”

Father, there is much that we can learn from our temporal problems here on earth that better prepares us for eternity. As we work through these troubles, they enable us to have the mind of Christ so that attitudes reflecting the fruit of the Spirit become a spontaneous response to the difficulties that challenge us daily. Just as light, soil, air and moisture are requirements for growth in vegetation so must faith, prayer, self-denial and persistence in obeying God’s Holy Word be requirements for growth in our Christian walk. Help us not to become so caught up in viewing our daily challenges from an earthly perspective that we lose the view of our future home in heaven following the storms we weather here below. We stand in the strength of the Lord Jesus and in the power of His might. Amen.

Lord, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in time of distress, to you the nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Our ancestors possessed nothing but false gods, worthless idols that did them no good." Jeremiah 16:19, NIV

Lord our God, we come to you burdened and driven by every kind of need and oppression, but you will bring light into every situation; in your great goodness and faithfulness you will continue to help. We come to you because you are our help. We want to draw strength from your Word so that we can remain steadfast in these times, awaiting your help and already finding joy and certainty in our expectation. For your kingdom is coming, and your will is being done on earth as in heaven. Amen.

Father, today we place our needs before you knowing that you are at work on our behalf. It may seem that nothing is changing, but you Oh Lord see what we cannot. If we will walk in your ways, we will see that you are working everything together for our good. Right now it may not seem very good, but later we will understand your plan and purpose. Your timing on every matter is perfect!

“A Prayer For Being Alert And Sober”

Daily prayer: Father, You have called upon us to be sober and vigilant believers who are instant in season and out of season. We’re ready to spring into action to do Your bidding when we might least expect to be called upon. May the fruit of the Spirit; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control, be evident in our attitudes and actions as we live out our daily lives and relate to others while living self-controlled and sober minded lives. Through Christ Jesus we pray. Amen.

See Galatians 5:22, 23
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply