Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2013, 08:51 AM   #22
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 21

Prayer for the Morning

I call upon you, O Lord. In the morning you hear me; in the morning I offer you my prayer, watching and waiting.

I lift my heart to you, O Lord, to be strengthened for this day. Be with me in all I do, my God; guide me in all my ways.

I will carry some burdens today; some trials will be mine. So I wait for your help, Lord, lest I stumble and fall.

I will do my work, Father, the work begun by your Son. He lives in me and I in him; may his work today be done. Amen.

Prayer of Thanksgiving

Father in heaven, creator of all and source of all goodness and love, please look kindly upon me and receive my heartfelt gratitude for all that you have done for me and for those I love. Thank you for all the grace and blessings, both spiritual and temporal, you have bestowed upon me, my loved ones, and this community of prayer: Our faith and religious heritage; our food and shelter; our health; the love we have for one another; and the lives of our Lord and friends.

Dear Father, in your infinite generosity, please grant us continued grace and blessings during the coming day. This I ask in the name of Jesus Christ, your only son, who has saved me from death. Amen.

God our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, and Spirit of God amidst us, direct our way unto you. Make us to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you; to the end we may establish our hearts unblameable in holiness before you, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints. Amen.

Strength

Father, when I am weak You give me power. When I have no might You strengthen me. I will wait upon You, LORD, and You shall renew my strength. I shall mount up with wings as eagles. I shall run and not be weary; I shall walk and not faint. You are my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? LORD, You are the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? If God be for me, who can be against me? Amen

Isaiah 40:29-31; Psalm 27:1

Loving Father, restore the spirit of gentleness and meekness if it may be withered within me, that I may be contented. May I make it a habit to be happy over my work and cheerful about my duties. May I never lose the view of the glory of thy kingdom. Amen.

May I be no-one’s enemy, and God’s friend. May I never quarrel with those nearest me but, if I do, may I be reconciled quickly. May I never plot evil against others, and if anyone plots evil against me may I escape unharmed and without the need to hurt anyone else. May I love and seek and achieve only what is good. May I desire happiness for all, and may I envy no-one. May I never find pleasure at the misfortune of someone who has done wrong to me. May I gain no victory that harms either me or my opponent. May I reconcile friends who become angry with one another. May I, insofar as I can, give all necessary help to those who are in need, and never fail a friend in trouble. May I respect myself and always keep in control of myself, being gentle in attitude and never letting circumstances make me angry with others. May I never discuss the wicked or what they have done wrong, but know good people and follow in their footsteps. Amen.

Fear and Trembling

Philippians 2:12-13

Dear Father,

Help me to obey your word, not only in the presence of other followers of Christ but even more when they are absent, when there's no one there but me.

Be with me as I work out my salvation with fear and trembling, lest I should ever think that I have earned it. After all, it is you, dear God, who is at work within me, both causing me to do your good purpose and to purpose your good deeds.

In the name of Jesus, our star of hope. Amen.

“A Prayer For Those Who Are Waiting”

Jesus, You made us to be time-sensitive creatures. Our schedules are guided by hours, days, weeks, years, seasons and on and on it goes. While most of our activity is decided by our prearranged schedules we don’t usually allot waiting time, but You do. You arranged it for the patriarchs of old and expect it of Your followers throughout the ages as we often find ourselves waiting and waiting and waiting. But it’s not a waste of our precious time, for You tell us that we are strengthened in the wait, as we depend upon You to work out the details for our lives. You’ve promised that if we wait upon You our strength will be renewed and we will mount up with wings as eagles. As we do so we’re refreshed in our spirit and find ourselves more patient, confident, and courageous as we wait upon You to accomplish Your intended plan for our lives. We look to You and are sustained by Your Almighty Hand during the wait! Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for all you have done for me. Please help me be strong as I face a day full of uncertainty and worry. Help me accept things as they are and understand there is a reason for everything.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply