Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2013, 09:21 AM   #24
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 23

Prayer of Thanks

Heavenly Father, I thank you for my life and everything you have bestowed upon me and upon all people, this day and every day. I thank you for the good and bad, the understanding of forgiveness, and your holy power, without which we would have nothing. I thank you this day for all your blessings, your gifts, your never ending love for us. Although we all are sinners, I ask you to forgive me every day for what I might have done wrong, that I might not have noticed. Even though we all come short of the glory of God, I thank you for the sacrifice of your only son Jesus Christ for all our sins. You and only you know us Father and you know if our hearts are true. So once again, I thank you with all my heart and soul. In the name of Christ I pray, Amen.

For the Human Family

O God, you made us in your own image and redeemed us through Jesus your Son: Look with compassion on the whole human race, O Lord; take away the arrogance and hatred which infect our hearts; break down the walls that separate us; unite us in bonds of love; and work through our struggle and confusion to accomplish your purposes on earth.

That, in your good time, all nations and races may serve you in harmony around your heavenly throne; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Dear Lord, as we get caught up in the materialism of our fast-paced world today, let us pause to consider some special words of an unknown writer --

Money will buy a bed, but not sleep.
Money will buy books, but not brains.
Money will buy food, but not an appetite.
Money will buy finery, but not beauty.
Money will buy a house, but not a home.
Money will buy medicine, but not health.
Money will buy luxuries, but not happiness.
Money will buy religion, but not salvation.
Money will buy a passport to anywhere but heaven.

Help us each to see that our lives are meaningless without You.

In Jesus' name we pray.

Amen.
© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. Words cannot express how grateful I am for all you have done. Thank you for being with me in my darkest hours. Without you I would not have made it through.

Heavenly Father, You have bestowed favor once again upon this earth with the blessing of a new day, and we thank You. As we encounter new mercies and teachings, let us learn from them and dwell in them to Your glory. Help us to be content with Your provisions and a wise steward of all You have given us. Forgive our failings again and hear our prayers. Hallowed by Your name alone.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply