Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #27
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 26

To Spread Cheer

Holy God, as I stumble through this life, help me to create more laughter than tears, dispense more cheer than gloom, spread more joy than despair. Let me remind those I meet that our final existence will be total joy, and that we may taste this joy through the Spirit even today. Never let me become so indifferent that I will fail to see the wonder in the eyes of a child, or the twinkle in the eyes of the aged. Never let me forget that my total effort is to cheer people, make them happy, and forget momentarily all the temporary unpleasantness in their lives. And in my final moment, may I hear You whisper, “When you made My people smile, you made Me smile.” Amen.

Prayer of Repentance (from Psalm 51)

Have mercy on me, O God, according to your steadfast love; according to your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin!

For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me. Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight. I am full of shame at my sin, and my heart lies heavy.

Purge me and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Let me hear joy and gladness; Hide your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities. This I ask in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Now the God of patience and consolation grant to me, and to all who pray in the name of Christ, to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus: That we may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Change

Father, direct my steps by Your word and let no iniquity have dominion over me. Uphold my steps in Your paths that my footsteps may not slip. Thank You that I am ever learning, ever growing and ever achieving. Things change because I’m changing; I am wonderfully and fearfully made. You give me the freedom and courage to be my creative self, which You made unique unto me. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen

Psalm 119:133; Psalm 17:5; Psalm 139:14

‘One night a man had a dream. He dreamt he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand - one belonging to him, the other to the Lord.
When the last scene in his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times of his life. This really bothered him, and he questioned the Lord about it. “Lord, you said that, once I decided to follow you, you would walk with me all the way. But I’ve noticed that during the most difficult times in my life there is only one set of footprints. I don’t understand why, in times when I needed you most, you would leave me.” The Lord replied, “My precious child, I love you and would never leave you during your trials and sufferings. When you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.”

“A Prayer For Grace-filled Speech”

Father, I want the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart to be pleasing to You this day. I pray that my conversation is uplifting so that I build others up rather than tear them down. May I walk and talk with Your grace so that I impart grace to others showing respect, courtesy, and interest in their lives. Just as salt is tasty to food making it more pleasant to eat, I pray that my dialogue is wholesome, making conversation pleasant and beneficial to those who listen. Amen.

Dear Father, please help me through today. Give me strength and wisdom so I may do the right things, not only for myself but also for others.

Lord , help us to know that we can come to you in the midst of our troubles and pain, and that you are in every circumstance. Help us to know that we don’t have to fear the unknown, for you are always with us. You are our ever present help in time of need. Amen

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your mercy and love toward me. I also appreciate You correcting me when I need it, as I know when I heed Your advice, I am spared a lot of trouble. Deliver me from every trace of rebellion and pride, as I really desire to walk in humility. I know Jesus was lowly and humble when He was on this earth and I want to be like Him. Help me to be a good wife, mother, boss and friend in this life. I also want to remain on the straight and narrow path of obedience, so guide me daily in Your will. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply