Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #30
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 29

For a New Day

Lord, the newness of this day
Call me to an untried way;
Let me gladly take the road,
Give me strength to bear my load.
Thou my guide and helper be —
I will travel through with Thee.
Amen.

by Henry Van Dkye

To Be Led by God’s Gifts

Heavenly Father, for the words of faith shared in devotionals, from the pulpit, in the sanctuary, in prayer, in song, that color my life so rich: I give thanks, and pray that they will enrich my journey of faith, sharing a bit of grace with other earlier saints.

For the sacrifice, the example, the gift of your Son; who came to earth and lived among us, who gave us words to guide us, who infused the law with Spirit and taught us the beauty of change within our hearts; for the loving way Christ showed us, I give thanks, and pray that His words may lead me to live life as your servant, as your disciple, today and forever. Amen.

Now God himself and our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, I pray that you direct my way unto you, and make me and all of us to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you; to the end that we may establish our hearts unblameable in holiness before you, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank You that You inspired Your apostle Paul to write these words for the encouragement of Your people in every generation: "Delight yourselves in the Lord; yes, find your joy in Him at all times. Have a reputation for gentleness, and NEVER forget the nearness of your Lord. ... DON'T WORRY OVER ANYTHING WHATEVER; tell God every detail of your needs in earnest and thankful prayer, and the PEACE of God, which transcends human understanding, will keep constant guard over your hearts and minds as they rest in Christ Jesus.* ... Fix your thoughts on what is true and good and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely, and dwell on the fine, good things in others. THINK ABOUT ALL YOU CAN PRAISE GOD FOR AND BE GLAD ABOUT. Keep putting into practice all you have learned from me and saw me doing, and the God of peace will be with you."** ... Oh Lord, help me to remember to read this often and to stay on course with You.

In Jesus' holy name I pray.

Amen.

* (Phil. 4:4-7 -- J. B. Phillips Trans.)
** (Phil. 4:8-9 -- Tyndale Living Bible)

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Almighty God, I thank thee that thou wilt come to me as my heart cries for need. I bless thee that thou dost come to me as my lips sing thy praise. I pray that I may be saved from a cruel and cheerless heart, and be a sharer of the songs that are sung to the soul. Amen.

Inspire me, Lord, to be of good influence on people I will meet today. Amen.

Rejoice! and Pray!

Philippians 4:4-7

Dear Father, forbearing God,

Let me rejoice in the Lord always! Again I ask this from you: Let me rejoice always!

Let me be gentle, open to reason, slow to make negative judgments.

Let this forbearing spirit be apparent to everyone.

I know the Lord Jesus is near, so I have no reason to be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, let me present my requests to you.

I believe in you, Father, a God who transcends all human understanding.

I believe that the peace which comes from you, which transcends all understanding, will keep my heart and my mind in Christ Jesus.

In the name of the ever-near Jesus. Amen.

Dear Father, I try very hard to do the right things and be successful. Please give me the wisdom so that I may go down the right path.

Heavenly Father, may we not forget the wonders of your creation and all that is in it. Give us new hearts so we have a heart for you full of gratefulness and thanksgiving. Fill us with praise and may it overflow and spread through us like fire and light up everywhere we go. Thank you Lord for your eternal love to us. Thank you for each new day and help us to use it wisely. Be in our walk, our talk, and may we be a lamp in a world of darkness. Thank you, as well, for our daily bread. Amen.

Dear Father, I ask you to help me be strong. I want to forgive those who have done me wrong and live a life of happiness. I ask for the strength as forgivness can be difficult when hurt feelings start to surface.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply