Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > A.A. History With Dick B.

Share This Forum!  

A.A. History With Dick B. Dick B. is an active, recovered member of Alcoholics Anonymous; a retired attorney; and a Bible student. He has sponsored more than one hundred men in their recovery from alcoholism. Consistent with A.A.'s traditions of anonymity, he uses the pseudonym "Dick B." Please feel free to read and share in this forum.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2014, 05:22 PM   #1
dickb
Super Moderator

Lightbulb Letters we like to receive

Hi Dick and Ken,
Just wanted to thank you for the articles you sent to me yesterday and today.
They each represent a clear articulation of the essence of our program of recovery - e.g. the cure for alcoholism based on a working relationship with the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ.
Today's missive points out how or why so many academics find it necessary to throw rocks at AA and indirectly at God. Ebby Thatcher's point blank declaration that "God had done for him what he could not do for himself' was the spiritual spark that ultimately ignited Bill and our whole movement.
I'll take our Lord and Savior any time over all of this nonsense that keeps pouring out at an ever growing rate.

Our success rate in our Akronite groups up here continues to run at over 90% in spite of the early resistance we often experience from newcomers to the groups - I call that fear the "God - Fear". But time, persistence, and a loving attitude based on biblical principals seem to be a power that cannot fail over the long run.
Our two new British Columbia groups are doing fine as well.

Your BIC,
M
:smiley:
dickb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply