Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2017, 07:09 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - May 26

Through prayer, we can ask God for daily guidance and wisdom to know which paths are right for us. From God we can receive the kind of wisdom that goes beyond human reasoning. Centering our lives in daily prayer helps us find the way, guiding us toward joyful living and an eternal home.

God is present and at work, steadily and unceasingly.

No prayer request is too big or too small for God; all things are possible with God.

Although we may not understand what God is doing in our lives, God is always faithful and wants what is best for us.

God’s ear is already attuned to our needs. God is ready to assist us, whatever the problem, even before we call. Thanks be to God for hearing and caring for all of us!

God is a friend who walks in when the world walks out.

Lord, I want to be a God-pleaser in all I do today, not a man-pleaser.

"God will heal your broken heart, if you will give Him all the pieces."

Minute Vacations by Sally I. Kennedy
Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28
I will refresh the weary. Jeremiah 31:25
It is good to take time to ‘stop and smell the roses’. It is good to take vacations, where you can relax and rest. At an unrushed pace you can often begin to notice God’s handiwork around you. It’s refreshing to your soul.
But sometimes we can’t take vacations. We can’t get away from our routine. For some of us, when our feet hit the floor in the morning, that’s it! The only spare time you might have would be maybe the shower or in the car! The solution could be minute vacations.
Minute vacations. Take a look out your window at the beautiful sky. Glance at the flowers growing wild by the roadside. Look up to the cloud patterns. See the brilliant shine on a tree with fresh raindrops, the vivid variety of color in fruits and vegetables- ordinary, every-day things. Take a deep breath, and realize, God is so good, thank you Lord! Just begin to thank Him. It’s amazing what can happen simply by doing a seemingly insignificant thing like this.
It is good to take minute vacations, especially when it is outdoors. There is something healing about being outside, even for a brief moment. An attitude of gratitude will take you far, definitely promote change, a lightness in your step and a smile in your heart.
Thank you Lord for helping us be aware of endless Minute Vacations that you provide each day for us, amen.

The Mark by Lynne Phipps
Psalm 118:24- This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. (NIV)
As we traversed through the beginnings of agility class, one of the things that my dogs learned was the command to mark. The instructor used an overturned, flat-bottomed, rubber feed bowl for this exercise. Before running the course, the dogs must learn to put their two front feet on the bowl and to stand and wait patiently for the next command. The mark helps the dogs to focus on the course ahead and on the instructions of their handlers. Agility courses are great fun for dogs, but without concentration, obedience, and direct connection with their masters, they cannot be run successfully.
At the end of the course, there is another spot where the dog once again marks, at which time, they enjoy the satisfaction of appropriate praise and direction from their masters and a well-deserved rest.
This morning when I went down to feed the horses and the goats, I found myself laughing, as well as remembering the importance of the command to mark, as Agnes, the goat, was patiently waiting for her hay, with her two front feet planted atop an overturned feed bowl. A coincidence, perhaps? No, I believe that it was a God moment — God's way of reminding me of the importance of starting and finishing my day on the mark as well.
In many ways, each of our days is an agility course. We never know just what lies ahead. It is, therefore, most important to mark the beginning of the day by taking a few moments to wait patiently upon the Lord in thought, in prayer, and perhaps with a Scripture reading. By so doing, we may consciously focus upon the wonder of the new day, as well as re-establish direct connection with Him Who is able to help us to run the course with both joy and success.
Likewise, at the end of our day, when our course has been run, taking time to mark its completion brings its own satisfaction. It allows us opportunity to be thankful for the presence and guidance of the Lord, to ponder our successes and, yes, perhaps, even our shortcomings of the day. It is a moment to listen and to receive praise and direction, as well as a great way to lay down one's head in peace and embrace the joy of a well-deserved rest.
Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank You that each new day is one which You have made and are more than able to competently guide us through. Remind us to mark the beginning and ending of each one with our focus upon You, that we may run with holy direction, success, and satisfaction. In Christ's name, we ask. Amen.

Finding The Way by Judith Welch
John 14:6 – Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." (NKJV)
Recently, I received an invitation to one of those milestone birthday parties for a friend. However, my excitement regarding attending was dampened by the fact that the party was to be held in a home in a new subdivision of our city. I had never been there before, and my record for finding places with which I am unfamiliar is not stellar.
On the day of the party, I looked at the map and saw that all the streets were curved and winding around the perimeter of a lake. So I drove very slowly looking for the three street names that would lead me to my destination. It was then that I noticed all the beautiful homes in various styles with park-like landscaping. I was tempted to explore their beauty, but knowing how easy it is for me to get lost, I stuck to my path. I arrived at the party a little bit late, where I found that three people were on the lookout for me. With an abundance of teasing, I was welcomed inside.
Later as I was on my way home, I thought that this experience had been a lesson in life's journey. Even in unknown territory, we know the way that we should go: Jesus said that He is the way. He even gave us directions: to follow Him. But life's pathway is often curved and winding. Unexpectedly, we encounter new roads that promise beauty and adventure, and we are so tempted to follow them. If we make that first wrong turn, we are lost.
What a blessing it is to know that the Lord Jesus is our compass, our true north, and if we get lost, we can return to Him. He will be on the lookout for us, and He will welcome us back into the fold.
Prayer: Thank You, Father, for the many words in Scripture that guide us on our way each day. Help us to resist those enticing pathways that lead us astray and separate us from You. Watch out for us, we pray, so that one day, we, too, will be welcomed into our heavenly home. In Jesus' holy name, we pray. Amen.

On Board by Sally I. Kennedy
As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:9
We had been in the midst of a tropical depression. Lots of gray, soggy clouds were sitting there not going anywhere. Day after day the rains kept coming. Different from the flash floods that sometimes come when the rainwaters steadily rise creating deep, dangerous puddles in driveways and streets.
In other parts of the country there had been heavy rains and flooding. Rivers would swell. Whole towns were covered with water when the quickly rising waters spilled over the banks. Many homes and businesses were destroyed and washed away.
Troubles have a way of piling up and flooding our lives when they are not dealt with. Ordinary day in, day out things get to be more of a hassle than when it’s business-as-usual. Life looks cloudy and gray, then dark, and the ‘waters’ begin to rise. We can’t see a light at the end of the tunnel. No sun, no birds chirping. Anxiety edges in. Worrying is not good and never helps or changes anything, yet sometimes it is hard for my head to get that through to my heart, especially in the middle of a personal ‘tropical depression’.
As it takes time for the ground to absorb the extra water during bouts of flash floods, so it takes time for our troubles to be resolved and dissipate. Here’s some good news. The ark floated on the rising waters, and we can, too.
It is thought that Noah’s Ark landed on Mr. Ararat, one of the highest mountain peaks in the world. When the floodwaters are rising all around you, check to make sure you’re on board with the Lord, on His “ark”. Not only will you not be swept away and drowned, you will land on higher ground. That’s good news.

"The Flat Tire" Author Unknown
My tire had a staple in it. Of all times for this to happen -- a flat tire. But when is a good time for a flat tire? Not when you are wearing a suit and you have been traveling for nearly five hours and, adding to this bleak picture, nightfall is approaching.
Wait; did I mention that I was on a country road? Okay, now you have the picture. There was only one thing to do: call AAA. Yeah, right. The cell phone I bought for security and protection in moments like this isn't in range to call anyone. "No Service" it says. No kidding!
I sat for a few minutes moaning and complaining. It's a male thing. Then I began emptying my trunk so that I could get at the tire and tools needed to get the job done. I carry a large plastic container filled with what I call "just-in-case-stuff." When I am training or speaking, I love to have props with me. I hate leaving anything home so I bring everything ...just in case.
Cars buzz by me. A few beep sarcastically. I hear the horn saying "ha ha!" I say, "You'll get yours!" Darkness begins to settle in. It's becoming a bit difficult to see. The tire is on the passenger side, thank God, away from all the traffic, but making it difficult to benefit from the headlights of passing cars.
Suddenly a car pulls off the road behind me. In the blinding light I see a male figure approaching me. "Hey, do you need any help?" "Well, it certainly isn't easy doing this with a white dress shirt and suit on," I said. Then he steps into the light. I literally was frightened.
This young guy was dressed in black. Nearly everything imaginable was pierced and tattooed. His hair was cropped and poorly cut. He had leather bracelets with spikes on each wrist. "How about I give you a hand?" he said. "Well, I don't know . . . I think I can . . . " "Come on, it will only take me a few minutes." He took right over. While watching him I happened to look back at his car and noticed for the first time someone sitting in the passenger seat. That concerned me.
I suddenly felt outnumbered. Thoughts of carjackings and robberies flashed through my mind. I really just wanted to get this over and survive it.
Then, without warning, it began to pour. The night sky had hidden the approaching clouds. It hit like a waterfall and made it impossible to finish the tire change. "Look, my friend, just stop what you're doing.
I appreciate all your help. You better get going. I'll finish after the rain stops," I said.
"Let me help you put your stuff back in the trunk. It will get ruined,"
he insisted. "Then get in my car. We'll wait with you," he insisted.
"No, really. I'll take care of everything," I said.
"You can't get in your car with the jack up like that. It will fall. Come on. Get in," he said as he grabbed my arm and pulled me toward the car. Crack! Boom! Lightning and thunder roared like a freight train. I literally jumped in his car. "Oh, God, protect me!" I thought to myself.
Wet and tired I settled into the back seat. Suddenly a small frail voice came from the front seat of the car. "Are you all right?" she said as she turned around to face me. "Yes, I am," I replied with much relief seeing the old woman there. It must be his Mom.
"My name is Beatrice and this is my neighbor Jeff," she said. "He insisted on stopping when he saw you struggling with the tire." "I am grateful for his help," I said. "Me, too!" she said with a laugh. "Jeff takes me to visit my husband. We had to place him in a nursing home and it's about 30 minutes away from where we live. So, every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, we have a date." She laughed and shook her head.
"We're the remake of the Odd Couple," Jeff said as he joined in laughing."
"Jeff, that's incredible what you do for her. I would never have guessed, well, ah, you know I . . ." I stumbled with the words.
"I know. People who look like me don't do nice things," he said. Silence. I really felt uncomfortable. I never believed that I judged people by the way they dressed. I was angry with myself for being so stupid.
"Jeff is a great kid. I'm not the only one he helps. He's a volunteer at our church. He also works with the kids in the learning center at the low income housing unit in our town," said Beatrice.
"I'm a tutor" Jeff said quietly as he stared at my car. Silence again played a part now in a moment of reflection rather than the uncomfortable feeling that I had insulted someone. He was right. What he wore on the outside was a reflection of the world as he saw it. What he wore on the inside was the spirit of giving, caring and loving the world he wanted to see.
The rain stopped and Jeff and I changed the tire. I tried to offer him money and of course he refused it. As we shook hands I began to apologize for my stupidity.
He said, "I experience that same reaction often. I actually thought about changing the way I look. But then I saw this as an opportunity to make a point. So I'll leave you with the same question I ask everyone who takes time to know me. If Jesus returned tomorrow and walked among us again, would you recognize Him by what He wore or by what He did?
"But the LORD said to Samuel, 'Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.'"1 Samuel 16:7

Expectations
In order to arrive at possessing everything, desire to possess nothing. --St. John of the Cross
Expectations can cause havoc in our daily living. We all have a basic right to be treated with dignity and respect, but that doesn't mean life will always go our way. The twists and turns of life often carry us up rivers of disappointment to shores we never chose to visit.
Facing life as fully involved travelers, without expectations about outcomes, is perhaps the brightest way to travel. Making plans without setting up for certain outcomes makes us flexible people who learn to go with the flow. It has been said that there is a direct proportion between our level of expectation and the amount of stress we have in our lives. Trusting the results to a larger plan allows us to relax and enjoy the adventure of the journey.
As we grow closer to our Higher Power, we find we can let go. We are more peaceful and confident, less frantic and controlling. Trusting that our Higher Power will protect us, no matter what we encounter on our journey, helps us face the future with a calm and loving heart.
Today let me relax into life and let go of my expectations. --Body, Mind, and Spirit

GOD, OUR SOURCE OF LIFE by Hope Tshuma
God is mighty; there is nothing He cannot do
God is the creator; He created everything that dwells on the earth
God is love, His loving arms are wide open to embrace us all
God is light, He shines on us
God is gracious, He blesses without any reservations
God is merciful, His love endures forever
God is our comforter; He comforts us through life’s hardships
God is our provider; He gives abundantly according to our needs
God is our rock; with God we stand firm over life’s storms
God is faithful; He walks with us all the time
God is our dwelling place, He keeps us safe
God is power; He gives us strength to keep carrying on
God forgives; He forgives and washes away our sins
God is eternity, He is everlasting
God is life; life itself evolves from the Mighty Great God

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
You have been trying to break free from oppression on various levels, and I tell you truthfully that you can now do that. But, you have to be honest with yourself and others in authentic expression of who you are in Me, says the Lord. Do not compromise your values by trying to fit into a mold fashioned by what others deem to be acceptable. Be free! John 8:32 "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

Many of you, My people, are exhausted from a relentless onslaught that has kept you from thriving. You must come away from all the noise and seek solace in My presence. Come and be revived and rejuvenated. Let Me set you right again, says the Lord. Be at peace. 1 Peter 3:11 Let him turn away from evil and do good; Let him seek peace and pursue it.

Put forth the effort and take time to deliberate before you make decisions. Discernment is not impulsive, but rather an act of making sure that your connection with Me is solid and will yield spiritual truth, says the Lord. And, actual discernment must transcend carnal attachments to the outcome of any situation. Let Me lead you in the way you should go. Psalms 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye.

I speak to those whose souls sleep in the sorrow of life's tragedies. I see your anguish, and I call to your spirit to awaken. Seek life and light that exist in My presence. Let go of the trauma of the past that keeps you bound. Begin to see the difficulties of your life as transitory. Awaken to spiritual life that exists apart from the flesh, says the Lord. You can overcome and thrive. 2 Chronicles 7:14 If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Beloved, I will lead you by My Spirit to search the height and depth of you own soul and spirit to see what you really believe and to reveal the places in you that are not aligned with the truth of My word and will, says the Lord. Corrections are necessary if you are to find your optimum spiritual flow. Psalm 139:23-24 Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my anxieties; and see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

I have given you the right of passage through these dire straits and difficult ways. I will show you the way through every situation with precision and extraordinary discernment and insight. These are days to keep your mouth shut and learn to look and listen so that you can see and hear spiritually, says the Lord. Trust Me to lead you to safety. Psalms 12:5 "For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now I will arise," says the LORD; "I will set him in the safety for which he yearns."

Chaos abounds in the world around you, but you can and must create your own peaceful environment. It is easy to get caught up in problems and troubles that you have no control over. It is up to you to establish your own space that will reflect personal integrity, strong faith, tranquility and spiritual freedom, says the Lord. Then will you be able to maintain your relationship with Me, and I will help you. Isaiah 26:3 You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

As I sat in the presence of the Lord, I felt a cool breeze blow in my face and surround my body. And, the Lord said, "I will bring a freshness to your spiritual life, the likes of which you have yet to experience. Prepare yourself, and yield to the working of My Spirit. You will be astounded at the miraculous work that I will do." Psalm 92:13-15 Those who are planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bear fruit in old age; They shall be fresh and flourishing, to declare that the Lord is upright; He is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Get ready to move with the flow of this spiritual river. There is a new depth today. There is a spiritual order coming that will release My power through My vessels. It will no longer be a matter of hoping that I will move; you will walk in full authority because I am with you, for I will bring you into a greater depth of My power. Do the work to break the powers of darkness that have restricted the fullness of My flow, says the Lord.

I love you, care for you, and watch over you. I would have you come under the umbrella of My love so you can know Me in very distinct and unique ways. Know that I am for you and with you. So, find yourself in this position of knowing Me and My love and then everything that I have promised you in My word will become your treasure. It will become yours to find and demonstrate, says the Lord.

On this day my question before the Lord was: "What, Lord, what? What is this heaviness, this whirlwind that seems to bring chaotic conditions and uncertainty? It seems I must remain very quiet to maintain my peace, a time when I just want to hide and watch, for my soul is restless, and my spirit is disquieted within me." And this was His answer to me: "This is the time of renewal and cleansing. I am in process of restoring My church. If you will yield to the moving of My Spirit, every bondage will be broken, and resurrection life will spring forth. Refuse to sow to the flesh in these times of the whirlwind. Instead, let My wind remove from you the old patterns of self-consciousness", says the Almighty.

Love Author Unknown
Be kind rather than be cruel
Get close rather than run away
See good rather than what is bad
Adore rather than deface
Be patient rather than give up
Be grateful rather than sad
Forgive rather than hold on to resentment
Let go rather than cling to things
Support rather than gossip
Be optimistic rather than be negative
Commit rather than put off
Help rather than wait
Understand rather than judge
Openness rather than prejudice
Willingness rather than stubbornness
Sympathize rather than reject
Warmth rather than coldness
See rather than ignore
Realize rather than fantasize
Praise rather than scold
Compassion rather than indifference
Laugh rather than be perfect
Cry rather than shut down
Give rather than receive
Do this unto others without expectation
knowing "that you love one another
as God has loved you." John 13:34
"God is love; and he that dwelleth in love
dwelleth in God, and God in him." 1 John 4:16

I Behold The Christ In You by Frank B. Whitney
I behold the Christ in you,
Here the life of God I see;
I can see a great peace too,
I can see you whole and free.
I behold the Christ in you.
I can see this as you walk;
I see this in all you do,
I can see this as you talk.
I behold God's love expressed,
I can see you filled with power;
I can see you ever blessed,
See Christ in you hour by hour.
I behold the Christ in you,
I can see that perfect One;
Led by God in all you do,
I can see God's work is done."

Faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

James 1:19 – My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.

Jesus looked at [the disciples] carefully and said, “It’s impossible for human beings. But all things are possible for God.” - Matthew 19:26

If anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation: everything old has passed away; see, everything has become new! - 2 Corinthians 5:17

“I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” - Jeremiah 29:11

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6

But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you. For surely, O Lord , you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield. Psalm 5:11-12

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. Ephesians 6:10-18

I cried out, "I'm slipping!" and your unfailing love, O LORD, supported me. When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer. Psalm 94:19

My help comes from the LORD, who made the heavens and the earth! He will not let you stumble and fall; the one who watches over you will not sleep. The LORD keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever. Psalm 121:2,3,8

"Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise--the fruit of lips that confess his name. And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased" (Hebrews 13:15-16).

"This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: Philippians 1:6

Keep Your Feet Moving by Ron Hutchcraft
You may not be able to tell it over the radio, but I'm not a very big guy. Oh, I'm big inside. But outside, I'm more of like a Volkswagen than a semi. Which makes it amazing that both my sons ended up playing line in football. That's usually where they put the monsters. But we used to joke that the linemen wore their IQs on their jerseys - you know, like 75. But it was brawn more than brains they needed anyway to either hold the line while their opponents were trying to move them or to break through those gorillas on the other side of the line. There are just a few simple instructions that every coach wants every lineman to learn and live by. In fact, our guys heard this one all the time, "Keep your feet moving. No matter what." Even if it feels like you're going nowhere. Even if you're getting hammered. Even if you think it's doing no good. As long as you keep driving, as long as you keep your feet moving, you're making a difference. There is an alternative. It's called getting knocked down maybe by one of those gorillas on the other side.
The Divine Coach has assigned you a position to play right now. And He has a word for you today from the Word of God. Galatians 6:9 says, "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Or in the words of a football coach to the guys on the line, "Keep your feet moving, no matter what." It's true in football. It's true in following Christ. If you stop driving, if you stand still, you're going to get knocked down and you'll stop making a difference.
It could be you've been taking some pretty hard hits lately. Don't become weary in doing good. Keep your feet moving. Maybe you feel like nothing's moving; you're not seeing much in the way of results. The good you're doing doesn't seem to be doing much good. Your Coach's word, "Keep playing your position. Keep your feet moving in God's direction. This isn't about results. It's about faithfulness at your position." That's why the commendation of Jesus is, "Well done, good and faithful servant."
I believe there was a point where you knew God was leading you in this direction...when you felt motivated to make a difference or to start living God's way. But you've been hit hard a few times, maybe thrown for a loss. Maybe things seem to have gotten worse instead of better. Or it could be that there has not been much appreciation for what you've done...or much progress. The feeling isn't there like it was at the beginning. You're tired of driving in the direction God led you. Your feet are slowing down, you're standing still. You're tempted to give up on your ministry, on your marriage, on financial freedom, on conquering the old you, or you might be tempted to give up on the miracle that you've been praying for.
And along comes God today saying, "The payoff is coming. You will break through if you keep driving in this direction - even when you feel like quitting." He likens it to a farmer waiting for his harvest. There's a lot of work and investment without any visible result for a long time. And then one day, that crop appears if he doesn't give up on it. The harvest of all you've put in so far depends on one very big if, "...if, (as God says,) you do not give up." In the words of a wise old man of God, "Never doubt in the darkness what God has told you in the light."
There's no standing still on this Jesus road. If you do, you get knocked down. There are some wonderful victories, there are some powerful breakthroughs later in the game if you keep your feet moving.

Gracious God, thank you for loving us and accepting us no matter what. Help us to remember that we have been created in your image and that your love for us is eternal. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 68
1 Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him. 2 As smoke is driven away, so drive them away: as wax melteth before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God. 3 But let the righteous be glad; let them rejoice before God: yea, let them exceedingly rejoice. 4 Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name Jah, and rejoice before him. 5 A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation. 6 God setteth the solitary in families: he bringeth out those which are bound with chains: but the rebellious dwell in a dry land. 7 O God, when thou wentest forth before thy people, when thou didst march through the wilderness; Selah: 8 The earth shook, the heavens also dropped at the presence of God: even Sinai itself was moved at the presence of God, the God of Israel. 9 Thou, O God, didst send a plentiful rain, whereby thou didst confirm thine inheritance, when it was weary. 10 Thy congregation hath dwelt therein: thou, O God, hast prepared of thy goodness for the poor. 11 The Lord gave the word: great was the company of those that published it. 12 Kings of armies did flee apace: and she that tarried at home divided the spoil. 13 Though ye have lien among the pots, yet shall ye be as the wings of a dove covered with silver, and her feathers with yellow gold. 14 When the Almighty scattered kings in it, it was white as snow in Salmon. 15 The hill of God is as the hill of Bashan; an high hill as the hill of Bashan. 16 Why leap ye, ye high hills? this is the hill which God desireth to dwell in; yea, the Lord will dwell in it for ever. 17 The chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands of angels: the Lord is among them, as in Sinai, in the holy place. 18 Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the Lord God might dwell among them. 19 Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah. 20 He that is our God is the God of salvation; and unto God the Lord belong the issues from death. 21 But God shall wound the head of his enemies, and the hairy scalp of such an one as goeth on still in his trespasses. 22 The Lord said, I will bring again from Bashan, I will bring my people again from the depths of the sea: 23 That thy foot may be dipped in the blood of thine enemies, and the tongue of thy dogs in the same. 24 They have seen thy goings, O God; even the goings of my God, my King, in the sanctuary. 25 The singers went before, the players on instruments followed after; among them were the damsels playing with timbrels. 26 Bless ye God in the congregations, even the Lord, from the fountain of Israel. 27 There is little Benjamin with their ruler, the princes of Judah and their council, the princes of Zebulun, and the princes of Naphtali. 28 Thy God hath commanded thy strength: strengthen, O God, that which thou hast wrought for us. 29 Because of thy temple at Jerusalem shall kings bring presents unto thee. 30 Rebuke the company of spearmen, the multitude of the bulls, with the calves of the people, till every one submit himself with pieces of silver: scatter thou the people that delight in war. 31 Princes shall come out of Egypt; Ethiopia shall soon stretch out her hands unto God. 32 Sing unto God, ye kingdoms of the earth; O sing praises unto the Lord; Selah: 33 To him that rideth upon the heavens of heavens, which were of old; lo, he doth send out his voice, and that a mighty voice. 34 Ascribe ye strength unto God: his excellency is over Israel, and his strength is in the clouds. 35 O God, thou art terrible out of thy holy places: the God of Israel is he that giveth strength and power unto his people. Blessed be God.

Dear God, fill our hearts with your peace and joy, and teach us to treat each day as a gift. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply