Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2014, 11:18 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Kids and Cookies

Kids and Cookies

SCRIPTURE: Psalm 139:14-16

THE STORY FOR TODAY:

When Nicholas arrived home, he was greeted with the delicious smell of cookies. "Yummy! Those cookies smell good, Mom! Can I have one?" he asked.

"Sure," agreed Mom with a bright smile. She pointed toward Nicholas' little sister, who had been born with a condition that required special care. "Today Emma sat up in the sling for the first time!"

"Yay!" Nicholas tossed his back pack onto the table and clapped. He slid down next to little Emma, who was propped up on pillows on the floor. Nicholas took Emma's hands and gently clapped them together. "Good girl, Emma! You did it! You sat up!"

Emma smiled with twinkling eyes as drool slid down her chin. When she was born, doctors had said she would struggle to do everything in life. She would grow like other children, but she'd never be able to walk and talk, nor even sit or crawl. But today, at the age of two, she had sat up with the help of a special harness.

Mom walked into the room with a plate of cookies and a glass of cold milk. "These are to celebrate," she said as she handed the plate to Nicholas.

"Mom, you made them all different shapes!" exclaimed Nicholas, taking a star-shaped cookie. He grinned. "It's fun to have the different shapes."

Mom laughed. "Well," she said, "while I was getting ready to cut the cookies, I thought how different from one another you and your brothers and sisters are, and I decided to make all the cookies different, too." She took a bite of one. "God made most of you healthy and strong, but Emma needs special care. You all have the same parents and certain characteristics that make you who you are-just like each of these cookies has the same ingredients . . ."

"But are all different," interrupted Nicholas.

"Right." Mom smiled. "You kids are all different, but I love all of you the same. Best of all, God does, too."

"As much as I love these cookies?" asked Nicholas with a grin.

"More!" said Mom as she ruffled Nicholas' hair.

MEMORY VERSE:

I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalm 139:14

HOW ABOUT YOU?
Do you wonder why some people are born with disabilities and others aren't? God knew what everyone would be like before they were even born. He knew what you would be like. Before your birth, you were a special person in God's mind, and you are very special to Him now. Thank Him for His wisdom in making you-and everyone else-just right.

THE KEY: God made everyone just right
Keys for Kids Daily Devotional
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply