Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2015, 10:40 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Get out of the boat and start WALKING!

Your Daily Inspiration

One of my favorite stories in the Bible is of the miracle of Peter walking on the water towards Jesus. Every time I read this story I am blessed by the fact that he had enough faith to get out of the boat and do the improbable and his actions always inspires me to do the same.

Peter was impulsive in the face of the storm. He didn’t think about the impossibility of actually walking on the water, he just leaped out of the boat in the middle of a powerful storm when Jesus said come to me and he trusted that He would be there to meet him at the end. His few small steps showed a bold measure of faith and he was blessed in the end.

Friends, we need to be more like him during storms. When they rise up and swirl around us, we need to leap from the safety of our boats and walk towards Jesus. It doesn’t matter the intensity of the storm stirring about. We simply need to be secure in the fact that God is with us and He will bring us safely through.

So many times God is beckoning us to get out of the boat and come to Him, but we don’t. We would rather sit in our comfortable boat and have Him come to us instead; and, sadly, so many of us end up missing the miracle in the midst of the storm because we aren’t actively moving towards Him during them. The sooner we realize and trust that the God who can command the seas and the winds to cease is the same one we serve, the better we will be off in our journey with Him. The God we serve is omnipotence and we need to walk like it no matter what we face.

I feel this so deeply in my spirit. God is speaking to us calling us to come to Him no matter what and it is time that we answer. It is time that we trust Him and come. We need to stop looking at what is going on around us in our lives and just come.

My sisters, it doesn’t matter if the whole world has come crashing down around you, God is faithful. The same God who commanded the storm to cease and who walked on the water is the same one who is with you. (Selah)

We need to be like Peter. He was willing to go through and because he did he experienced a miracle. Sometimes we have to go through in order to grow, but let me encourage you today by sharing that it is in the going through where some of the greatest breakthroughs are (Roman 5:3). There has to come a point in our lives when we are willing to stop being cute and buckled down, crawl and claw our way forward no matter what has been unleashed in our lives.

Jumping out of the boat and walking on water feels uncomfortable. It goes against the grain. It goes against logical thinking. Even Peter stumbled, but when he slipped up, he regained his focused and fixed his eyes on Jesus and he kept on walking and He extended His hand out to him.

That is our lesson. We need to keep on pressing on despite it all and take the extended hand of God through the midst of the storm. We can’t quit. We can’t give up. We need to get out of the boat and start WALKING!!!

-Nina Fortson

“And Peter answered Him and said, “Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water.” So He said, “Come.” And when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on the water to go to Jesus.” Matthew 14:28-29 (NKJV)

How I love and thank You, Jesus that You are with me in the midst of my storms. I walk securely through them because I am walking with You. Thank You for always bringing me safely through to the other side. In Jesus’ Name, I pray. Amen

Sisters In Christ
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply