Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03-31-2014, 11:26 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon19 Daily Prayers - April

April 1

Prayer to Live with Jesus

Dearest Jesus, work another miracle, a prodigy of grace. Make my soul a beautiful, living Tabernacle where You will ever dwell. Let me never leave You alone, but remind me to return hundreds of times in the day and have a word with You. Amen.

Meditation

[My soul is a tabernacle for Christ.]

Heavenly Father, You knit me together in my mother’s womb, knew me, and approved of me even before I was born. Wonderful are Your works, and I hold fast to this knowledge. I will not keep silent, but bring the Good News of relief and deliverance to others who do not know You. I was born for such a time as this to fulfill my destiny in the Kingdom of God. I take my place a member of the Body of Christ. Thank You for loving me, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

My Lord, I thank thee for the wisdom and love that is spoken through the lives of strong men and women. Grant that I may be willing to learn of them, and gladly serve where I am needed, remembering that thou art Lord of all. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your daily provision. You have been gracious to me and my family. I am truly grateful. Lord, I pray for those today who may have been caught up in the deception of trying to obtain wealth in the wrong way. Deliver them and guide them in Your ways. Teach us all to use our money wisely and to give when You speak to us to give, and to help when there is a need. Lord, deliver Your children from greed and lust. Take anything out of my heart that would keep me from following You completely. Deliver us from evil. I ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Lord, Help me to remember that nothing is going to happen today that you and I together can't handle. Amen.

For Those Who Suffer From Substance Abuse

Our most loving God, may you shower your blessings on those of us who suffer from chemical dependency. You know how much of a battle it is sometimes to stay clean and sober. Lord Jesus, please watch over us this day and smile upon those who are addicts and alcoholics. In Jesus' name. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2014, 09:13 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 2

Now to him who is able to keep us from stumbling and to present ourselves blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.

Jesus, Friend and Brother,
may we know you more clearly,
love you more dearly,
and follow you more nearly,
day by day.

Dear heavenly Father, I do appreciate Your counsel and guidance every day. Thank you for Your love and watchcare over me and my family. Lord, I desire Your true riches above all other things in this world. I ask that You strengthen me so that I might obey You in all things. I do want Your righteousness first and foremost in my life. Cleanse me of the things that would prevent me from receiving all that You desire to do in my life. Lord, help me to be as bold and courageous as David was when I am up against the enemy's attacks. I know that through the power of the Holy Spirit, I can do all things by the strength that Christ supplies. Lord, I declare I will not be robbed of anything that You have entrusted to my care. Give me the grace to prevail over the enemy when he attempts to rob me. I ask this in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Guide me Lord. You are my heart. You are my strength. You are my hope. Teach me Lord, and guide my way. I love You more each passing day. Amen.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:36 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 3

Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Father, I thank you this morning for all that I have. Even if I have problems with my health, I am alive today. If I have money problems, I will eat today. I have clothes to wear, a roof to protect me, and air to breathe.

Let me never take for granted these gifts of life, oh Lord, but always remember that they come from you; without you, no man could make the sun shine or the tree bear its fruit. I pray to live this day in joy and thankfulness for what I have, remembering always who made me and who keeps me. In the name of Christ I pray, Amen.

Meditation

[The tree bears its fruit.]

Prayer to Know God's Will

And shall I pray Thee change Thy will, my Father,
Until it be according unto mine?
But, no, Lord, no, that never shall be, rather
I pray Thee blend my human will with Thine.

I pray Thee hush the hurrying, eager longing,
I pray Thee soothe the pangs of keen desire -
See in my quiet places, wishes thronging -
Forbid them, Lord, purge, though it be with fire.
Amen.

by Amy Carmichael

Father, I come before You rejoicing, for this is the day that You have made and I will rejoice and be glad in it. To obey is better than sacrifice, so I am making a decision to submit to Your will today, that my plans and purposes may be conducted in a manner that will bring honor and glory to You. Cause me to be spiritually and mentally alert in this time of meditation and prayer, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Lord, we ask that we may have the vision to see when something is not right and then try to do something about it: - that we may notice when someone is unhappy or isn’t well, and set out to encourage them; - that we may notice when someone feels left out, and then do what we can to help them feel part of things; - that we may notice when something needs to be done, and then get on with it. Lord, we ask that we may notice all that is around us, and live in a positive and cheerful way. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I do thank you for the encouragement that You bring, when at times, I am tempted to become discouraged in certain situations. I am greatly encouraged when You do answer my prayers. You truly are a faithful God that hears and answers our prayers. I am amazed at times, when I have totally forgotten a prayer that I prayed years ago and suddenly it comes to pass. Lord, encourage my brothers and sisters in the Lord, and answer their prayers that have been prayed according to Your will. Send hope to those who need it and give them faith to believe You for their answers. Help me to respond to those who disagree with me in the manner that You would have me to respond. Fill me with Your love, and empower me with Your Holy Spirit to do Your will in every situation. I ask this in the name of the Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.

A Prayer for Being Grateful

Lord God, may we be grateful for our lot, and compassionate toward all those who are suffering every kind of distress at this difficult time. May we hold back nothing, and hasten to be the ministers of prayer and mercy, like the disciples of Him who went about doing good in times of need.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:23 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 4

Prayer for the Morning

May all I do today begin with you, O Lord. Plant dreams and hopes within my soul and revive my tired spirit: be with me today. Be at my side and walk with me; be my support, that your hand may be seen in every action I take, that your goodness may be in every word I speak, and that your spirit may inhabit my every thought. Make my thoughts, my work, and my very life blessings for your kingdom. In Christ's name I pray, Amen.

Meditation

[Plant dreams in my soul.]

For a Blessing on the Families of the Land

Almighty God, our heavenly Father, who sets the solitary person in the comfort of families; I commend to your continual care the homes in which your people dwell. Put far from them, I beseech you, every root of bitterness, the desire of boastful vanity, and the pride of life. Fill them with faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, godliness. Knit together in constant affection those who, in holy wedlock, have been made one flesh; turn the heart of the parents to the children, and the heart of the children to the parents; and fill us all with true love and charity, so that we put aside petty differences and act with kind affection and the sympathy of brotherly love; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

My Father, may I not err in choosing thy benefits, nor fail from the neglect to use them. Make me appreciative of all thy gifts, and, through thy wisdom and power, may I find the best use for them. Amen.

Father, sometimes I am too quick to draw conclusions about other people, and I fail to see many of the qualities in individuals. Remove from me any prejudices that might lead me to think of myself as “better” than someone else. If anyone should be negative towards me, inspire me to remain positive towards them. Because we are all different, there are many things I need to learn from others, and so I ask for the gifts of understanding and wisdom and a clear vision that will lead me to treat others as I would like them to treat me. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I do thank you that You have given us Your Word and wisdom. Help us to walk in Your ways so that we will avoid the traps of the enemy. Lord, I am thankful that by following Your commandments You have prevented the devil from harming me. I do ask for Your protection over all of Your children. Lord, help me today to walk in love and be a good witness to all that I come in contact with. Help me to be sensitive to Your Spirit and respond to the things You ask me to do. Give me the courage and strength to do all that You ask of me. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Prayer for Protection

Visit this place, O Lord, and drive far from it all snares of the enemy; let your holy angels dwell with us to preserve us in peace; and let your blessing be upon us always; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

The almighty and merciful Lord, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, bless us and keep us. Amen.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:16 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 5

Prayer for the Work of This Day

Almighty God, thank you for the work my hand may find this day. May I find gladness in all its toil and difficulty, its pleasure and success, and even in its failure and sorrow. I would look always away from myself, and behold the glory and the need of the world, that I may have the will and the strength to bring the gift of gladness to others; that with them I stand to bear the burden and heat of the day and offer you my work, as well as I may accomplish it, as praise. Amen.

To Live in God's Presence

Dear God, I know you are with me now. I know you are with me any time I call on you, or even think about you. Let me remember, every minute of every day, that you are with me, watching me, ready to help, protecting my soul even when the things of this world give me pain.

Let my every minute be lived in your presence. Let my every action be an offering of love to you. Let my every word be a prayer. Amen.

Meditation

[God is with me right now.]

Lord Jesus, I am looking and listening, and I am in the spirit. You have knocked and I have opened the door. Come into my heart and let us eat of the living bread and drink from the fountain that never runs dry. Today, I rejoice in You and I am exceedingly glad. Glory and honor belong to You, my Redeemer, my Elder Brother, my Lord. It is no longer I that lives, but Christ who lives in me, and the life that I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God. My beloved is mine and I am His. Amen.

Lord forbid that I should fear to change for the better or be so pleased with myself and the things which surround me that I feel no need for a higher life. Make me dissatisfied if I am not trying to grow in truth and to live in noble deeds. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I praise you for all of Your goodness to us as Your children. I am blessed to know You and to follow You. Lord, help me to make wise decisions in all the things that I daily face. Give me Your love for all that I meet. Lord, in all of my affairs, help me not to procrastinate in dealing with the responsibilities that are before me. I do need Your guidance to know the things that should be priorities in my life, as sometime I do not know what needs to be taken care of first. Help me, in all my daily activities at home and at the office, to demonstrate Your nature. I ask this in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Save me from my pride, Lord,
My focus just on me;
Help me learn to serve, Lord,
Show me how to be.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:21 PM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 6

Prayer for the Morning

Holy Father, who watches over your children by night and by day; blessed Jesus, my food and my strength; sweet Holy Spirit, the light and guide of my soul; I thank you for this new day and pray that you will watch over me. May my thoughts, my words and actions reflect the Spirit that dwells within me. And may every minute of my life celebrate the gift of grace, earned by the blood of Christ, in whose name I pray. Amen.

Meditation

[Jesus is our food.]

Now the God of patience and consolation grant to me, and to all who pray in the name of Christ, to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus: That we may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Father, in the name of Jesus I ask You to preserve my life according to Your word. I recounted my ways and You answered me; teach me Your decrees. Let me understand the teaching of Your precepts; then I will meditate on Your wonders. Strengthen me according to Your word. Keep me from deceitful ways; be gracious to me through Your law. I have chosen the way of truth; I have set my heart on Your laws. I hold fast to Your statutes, O LORD; do not let me be put to shame. I run in the path of Your commands, for You have set my heart free. You are awesome and I praise You, my Redeemer and Friend. Amen

Loving Father, help me to live a simple and noble life. Grant that I may have the blessedness that comes through peace, and escape the misery that comes from cruelty and untruth. Through my life may what I reap show that I have been careful in choosing and cultivating what I have sown. Amen.

Lord, inspire me to give of my best and make good use of the talents you have given me. Show me how to be positive in attitude, appreciating and valuing others, always being ready to encourage and give praise. Sometimes I draw conclusions about people in terms of what I think is meant by “success” and “failure”, but the “failure” of one person might count as a great “success” of someone with other talents. Lead me never to judge people but to accept others as they are, knowing that it is together, each with our differences, that we build up your Kingdom. Amen.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:21 PM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 7

Prayer for the Morning

Dear Lord, thank you for this beautiful day. Look after me and protect me throughout the day. Give me the wisdom to see and experience Your world in all its beauty. Let me experience the wonder of your creation.

Protect my family and those closest to me. Let me share with the world today, learning, growing, and contributing, and make the world a better place for all who know me, and for those who don't. Amen.

Teach me, O LORD, to follow your decrees; then I will keep them to the end. Give me understanding, and I will keep your law and obey it with all my heart. Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight. Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain. Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word. Fulfill your promise to your servant, so that you may be feared. Take away the disgrace I dread, for your laws are good. How I long for your precepts! Preserve my life in your righteousness. Amen.

My Father, if I am to-day without happiness, may I go in search of it. Help me to remember that the will thou hast given me to overcome evil with good I may use to overcome misery with happiness. Make me careful that I may not be trapped by selfishness as I look for joy. May I delight in the sweet sensations that are felt in having consideration for others, and may I make kindness a daily habit. Amen.

Lord Jesus, you invite each of us by name and you call us “friends”. Lead us to show as much respect and care for others as we would like them to show for us. Help us to look for and bring out the best in all who share our lives this day. Amen.

Lord our God and our Father, we thank you for giving us the Holy Spirit, who binds us to you. Give us continually afresh something of this Spirit so that we can go forward with light shining on the paths we must follow on earth. Grant us your Spirit, grant that light may break into our whole life and we can rejoice because we experience so much of what you are doing. For through the power of your Spirit you can help us toward your future and all that is to come, that we may live not only in time but in eternity. Amen.

Father as we begin this new day, we give You thanks for Your reminder to us of Your loving promises. You are faithful and will not disappoint us when we place our full trust in You. Today we ask for strength, comfort, hope, and Your abiding presence to those who have lost loved ones, and are in need of our prayers, and You. Will You wrap Your arms of love around them, and as You carry them through these difficult days may they rest in Your promises? We ask You to help us to be sensitive to their needs, and to be available, but not interfering. Remind us when we need to pray and when to be silent. Amen.

Hold my Hand in Weakness

Lord God, you are my strength. Hold my hand in my weakness and teach my heart to fly. With you, there's nothing to fear, nothing to worry about. Hold me tight in your embrace, so that I can be stronger than the challenges in my life. Amen.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:33 PM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 8

Prayer to Use Our Gifts Wisely

Lord, give me each day the wisdom to see which things are important, and which things are not. Show me how best to use the time and talents you have given me. Help me to use all my opportunities wisely, that I may share, through service to others, the good gifts I have received from you. Amen.

If you are with me, O God, who can be against me? For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate me from the love of God in Christ Jesus my Lord. Amen.

Father, I thank You for instructing me and teaching me in the way I should go. Thank You for Your guidance and leadership concerning Your will, Your plan and Your purpose for my life. I hear the voice of the Good Shepherd, for I know You and follow You. In the name of Jesus I bind my feet to the paths of righteousness in which You are leading me for Your name’s sake. Amen

Almighty God, grant that as the fulfillment of the green comes to the withered grass, so thy restoring may come to me with the glory of life that comes in the resurrection of the soul. I trust thee to bring me out of winter's seal, that I may help make the spring. Amen.

Lord our God, we thank you for revealing your rulership, which is for the good of each of us. Each one of us will become what we ought to be when our faith is united with your divine power. Protect this faith in us through every temptation and through all we have yet to endure in this earthly life. Free us again and again for one thing alone, that your kingdom may come into being within us and around us, to the praise and glory of the everlasting truth you have given us in Jesus Christ. Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for this day. Help me better myself and those around me.

Father as we begin this new day, we give You thanks for Your reminder to us of Your loving promises. You are faithful and will not disappoint us when we place our full trust in You. Today we ask for strength, comfort, hope, and Your abiding presence to those who have lost loved ones, and are in need of our prayers, and You. Will You wrap Your arms of love around them, and as You carry them through these difficult days may they rest in Your promises? We ask You to help us to be sensitive to their needs, and to be available, but not interfering. Remind us when we need to pray and when to be silent. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your promise of daily provision. You have always been so faithful to supply all of our needs. Lord, help me to be sensitive to the needs of others, and share with them the things that You have blessed me with. Lord, help me not to forget the poor and the hungry, just because I have plenty of food. I pray for the people in the countries of the world who are suffering in famine and war. Lord, send the food and help needed to keep them alive, so that they might find eternal life through Christ if they do not know You. Move on the hearts of Your people to send assistance or go and help. Help Your people to reach out to the world with help and the Word of the Lord so they will come to know You and Your love. I ask in the name of the Lord Jesus. Amen.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:35 PM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 9

I pray that I may be blessed every step of my path this day by the great God of light. May your sun shine upon me; as the moon moves the tide, may your Spirit move my emotions with every grace and magic; may my heart sing with the voice of your angels and my hearth be warm; and may this and every blessed day You have given me be filled with joy. Amen.

Dear Lord, help me each day of my life to remember to count my blessings and to concentrate on the positive, for it is not what life does to me, but rather my attitude that determines the amount of peace and joy that I experience. I know that all things work together for the good of those who love You and are called by You. Help me to cling to this and always to praise You.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.
© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

My Father, I pray that it may be mine to have the recollection of happy deeds, and not the memory of unkept promises. Help me to remember that one act is worth a thousand intentions, and that memory is the storehouse that supplies old age. Make me careful of my memory, that it may not be burdened. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your love and grace that empowers me to overcome the fear and pride that comes against me. Lord, I do humble myself before You, asking You to be merciful to me and all of my family. We need Your love so that we can overcome evil with good. Lord, help us each, in our families and our offices, to become more like You. Give us patience and forbearance with one another. Let us be gentle and kind to all, and especially may we be so in our own homes. Help us guard our mouths so that we speak gracious things about one another. Help us to build one another up and never to tear down others with our mouths. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord in whose steps we desire to follow. Amen.

Earthly Relationships

1 Corinthians 7:36-40

Dear Father, head of our one enduring spiritual family,

We live in our bodies and in families and we have strong needs for these very human things.

Thank you for consenting to our involvement with these, as long as we possess them without grasping or coveting, and as long as we love you more than these.

Whatever freedoms we have, let us exercise them by abiding in the Lord. Grant us the grace to follow Paul's teaching, since he spoke as one having the Spirit of the Lord.

In the name of Jesus I lift this prayer to you. Amen.

“A Prayer For Reaching Our Heavenly Destination”

Father, we find life’s journey to be enjoyable and entertaining in the straight stretches of life where we travel most of the time. Other times we learn to navigate life’s twists and turns, and must exercise steady endurance as we drive through the cavernous potholes that usually appear without notice. Through it all we keep our eyes on the goal of our faith, straining toward what lies ahead, the prize for which You have called us heavenward in Christ Jesus. We can press on, even when circumstances are grim, because our strength comes from You. As the Apostle Paul wrote, When I am weak, then I am strong. In our weakness You become our strength. You are the light that breaks through our gloom and guides our every footstep. We will fight the good fight, we will finish the race, and we will keep the faith as we remain faithful in our walk with You. It is in Jesus’ name that we pray. Amen.

Lord our God, dear Father in heaven, we are gathered in your presence through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Reveal to us our Savior Jesus Christ. May the Savior be revealed to us; otherwise in our need we will never come through. Grant that at this late hour for the world we may see him as he is, and through him and through the kingdom that he brings we may be lifted above the troubles of our time. Strengthen our hearts every day, and fill us with joy because you guide everything on earth as in heaven; in the end you will give us the victory that belongs to the kingdom you have founded. May we be comforted through all eternity in this kingdom, a kingdom far greater and more glorious than all the kingdoms of the world. Amen.

Dear Lord, know with all thy heart that I love you and thank you for each day. Grant me mercy and forgive me when I am wrong.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:36 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 10

Prayer for the Morning

For the bird who sings outside my window,
For the tree that stands outside my door,
For the neighbor who waves and says "good morning",
I give you thanks dear God, for these and more,

Your blessings every morning know no limit,
Yet I often rush by not seeing them, I fear;
Let me take a moment this and every morning, God, I pray,
To remember all of them, and know that you are here.
Amen.

Meditation

[The blessings I have that I have not earned.]

Prayer for the Gifts of the Holy Spirit

Christ Jesus, before ascending into heaven, You promised to send the Holy Spirit to Your apostles and disciples. Grant that the same Spirit may perfect in my life the work of Your grace and love, and that I may bear my cross with You and, with courage, overcome the obstacles that interfere with my salvation; Teach me to be Your faithful disciple and animate me in every way with Your Spirit. Amen.

Thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus who was made unto me wisdom. I resist confusion about Your will for me, and trust in You, leaning not unto my own understanding. As I acknowledge You in all my ways, You direct my paths. Growing in grace I am learning to trust in You completely, and You will show me the path of life. Confusion is far from me. Thank You Father, in Jesus’ name. Amen

Dear Lord, help me not to be afraid to admit that this is Your world, Your creation, and that You gave me life. ... Help me not to water down my words because some are non-believers, or because some believe in other gods. ... How will they ever know You if we who believe are coerced into keeping silent by those who make civil liberties their creed? ... Oh Lord, let Your Holy Spirit fill me with a holy boldness, and also the wisdom as to when and how to use it.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.
© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

My Lord, I pray that I may always be found clothed in love and kindness. Make me worthy to minister to those who may be dependent on me, and whether they be rich or poor, high or low, may I try to help them. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your love and patience with all of us as Your children. Father, we ask You to deliver us from pride and foolishness and give us Your wisdom. Give us the strength to do all that is before us each day. May we do our work as unto You and not unto men. May our labors count for something. Let us lead good and pure lives before those whom we live and work with. Lord, deliver us from the temptation to lie. May truthfulness always be found upon our tongues. Help me to be a good witness to all that I come in contact with. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

“A Prayer For A Close Walk With the Lord”

Father, Your steadfast love never ceases and Your mercies are renewed daily. You deliver, heal, restore, and sustain us. Weeping may endure for the night, but joy comes in the morning. In Your compassion You delivered the Israelites time after time and You do the same for us. We’ve grown to expect it and therefore we often take for granted Your kind provisions, Your delivering power and Your sustaining grace that guides us through each step of our journey. We can walk in confidence because we walk in step with Your Spirit, for Your Word is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path. We need not fear the future but trust You for everything we have need of. It is in Christ’s name that we pray. Amen.

Lord God, unite us with Jesus Christ, the risen and living One. Unite us so that our lives are completely submerged in your will through Jesus Christ. Tear us loose from all that tries to bind us to earth. Make us free people who always lift their heads and look up because their redemption is approaching. Almighty God, we trust in you, however difficult the times may be. Remember all peoples, for it is your will to gather them into your kingdom. You, O God, are our refuge and our help. In you we trust until the end. Amen.

Dear Father, please protect me in my journey and light my way. Forgive me when I do wrong for I am trying.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:37 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 11

For Strength of Faith

Heavenly Father, every life has its trials, and I have my share. Help me to see the challenges of life as opportunities to test my sincere and single-minded faith and to grow, and endure, and persist despite obstacles in my path. For people who have it easy in life develop no strength. As you have told us, the flower of wealth and fame is short-lived, for the sun rises with its scorching heat and withers it, and its petals fall, and its beauty is gone.

Give me confidence and strength in my faith, Lord, for the reward you give to your faithful is true joy and will never fade, but will remain when all flesh has been corrupted and all the things of earth have faded. Let me hold strong and steadfast through every trial and every temptation. All praise and glory to you, mighty God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Make your home with me today and every day of my life; be with me in all I do. Amen.

Finally, may I go forth filled with the joy and confidence of your Spirit; and may everything I do this day, in word or deed, be done in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. Amen.

Father God, thank You for sending Your son Jesus Christ that I might have life and have it to the full till it overflows. I receive Your abundant life this day, accepting it in overflowing proportions. Freely I have received; freely I give, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Almighty God, may I have a liberal heart. Grant that I may feel the needs of thy children in all lands; and may I be willing to give of thy blessings, as I am ready to receive them. May my tribute be not only of tender thoughts and kind words, but may I give of myself, and of what I have, as thou hast through love and wisdom done for me. Amen.

God our Father, amidst the vastness of space you treasure mankind and you call each of us by name. You so love our world that, in the fullness of time, you sent Jesus, your Son, to live among us. Inspire us each day to live in wonder and appreciation of all that is around us, and may your love, seen fully in Jesus, your Son, surround us this day and for ever. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your favor in my life. I do not ever want to take it for granted. You have provided abundantly and I am thankful for all of my blessings. Lord, I desire to keep a "child-like" attitude so that I can learn more about You and Your kingdom. Thank you for love and strength for each new day. I know that You will make a way for me to walk in victory this day. I do appreciate Your goodness and grace toward me and those that I am praying for. Bless my friends, family and all of my loved ones. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Lord help me to remember that nothing is going to happen to me today that You and I together can't handle. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, we thank you for this day and for the protection you have given us. Grant that we may find our joy in your grace and in your love. Help us to become truer followers of Jesus, who came in your love. Be merciful to us and help all those who belong to you. You know them all and the thoughts of their hearts. You know their struggle on earth and the temptations that surround them. Help each one, also those who are still far away from you. Give them hearts open to your Word and to all you have promised. We entrust ourselves to your care this night. Help us and bless us. May your will be done in all things, also in the midst of all the sin and misery in the world. May your will be done on earth as in heaven, and may your kingdom come. Amen.

Dear Father, Praise be to you. With love and kindness I pray that today be full of joy and wonder.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:23 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 12

Prayer to Change to Better Serve God

Holy God, I believe that you will change people and many things, if asked and if it is your will. Change me Lord, if it is your will, for I would lead a better life. Touch me, I pray, great God whose touch transforms. Reach out your mighty hand to me, and to all who seek you in the name of your Son. Heal us, transform us, and make us whole; reach out your mighty hand to lift us up to serve you; touch me and all of us this very day, O Lord, that our own hands may bring your hope and healing to this broken world. Amen.

Meditation

[God transforms what He touches.]

To Appreciate God's Creation

Lord God, may all of your creation - from the vastness of mighty planets and stars to the lowliness of the smallest living creature I can see - remind me to live in wonder and appreciation of all that is around me. Amen.

Oh Lord Jesus Christ, who said to your apostles, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you”; I pray that I and your whole church, the body of all faithful people, will know your peace, and live in harmony and unity, one with another, in accordance with your wishes. This I pray to you, who lives and reigns forever. Amen.

Father, Your Spirit has anointed us to change our world! Help us to be imitators of You, and bring good news to the poor, and healing to the brokenhearted. Give us loving hearts so we will share Your love bringing freedom to those in bondage. We make it our goal to bring a refreshing to others, and we are refreshed! In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.

Lord, our God and King, your greatness is seen throughout the earth. When I gaze at the heavens which your fingers have formed, and look at the moon and the stars which you have set there, I realise how small we are in the majesty of your creation. Yet you treasure us above all that you have made, and you give us control over all the works of your hand - animals both wild and tame, birds in the air, and the creatures of the sea. Lord, our God and King, your greatness is seen throughout the earth.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the wonderful godly husband that You gave me. I am most appreciative. Help me to be the loving supportive wife that he needs. Forgive me when I fail to live up to the things that a Christian wife should exemplify. Lord, help me to be the person I should be in all of my relationships with others. I thank you for a forgiving heart when I feel I have been wronged by anyone. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit and Your love every day so that those in my house will always be blessed. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Savior. Amen.

Lord our God, draw us to yourself. Draw us into the quiet that you give, where something can happen to us and to our hearts. Help us to discern your kingdom surrounding us and in our spirits to live in this kingdom. Then our life will be as if in heaven, where we need not worry or torment ourselves, where your power is everything to us, penetrating our earthly life, which so often weighs us down. We thank you that you have made a way of strength, full of power to hold us firmly, so that even when we stumble, we cannot be turned from the goal. We thank you for all the good that comes from you, which we cannot see in earthly things but which can invade our hearts with such mighty and uplifting power. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for the love you have shown me. Help me carry that love to others so they may benefit from your love.

Dealing With Debt

Lord, I need help. My debt is mounting higher and higher; it’s getting out of control. Please show me creative ways to pay it off, and help me to save and spend with wisdom. I ask for the resources to pay down my credit cards, loans, and other debts. Show me where I can cut back on spending so I will have more funds available. Lord, please clean up this mess I’ve created. Reveal to me ways I can learn from this and begin again.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:28 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 13

Giver of light, your steadfast love endures forever. Open our hearts to the Blessed One who comes so humbly, on a borrowed colt. Open before us the gates of your justice, that we may enter, confessing in heaven and on earth that Jesus is Lord. Amen.

Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Lord, you have brought me to the beginning of a new day. As the world is renewed fresh and clean, so I ask you to renew my heart with your strength and purpose. Forgive me the errors of yesterday and bless me to walk closer in your way today. This is the day I begin my life anew; shine through me so that every person I meet may feel your presence in my soul. Take my hand, precious Lord, for I cannot make it by myself. Through Christ I pray and live, Amen.

For a Blessing on the Families of the Land

Almighty God, our heavenly Father, who sets the solitary person in the comfort of families; I commend to your continual care the homes in which your people dwell. Put far from them, I beseech you, every root of bitterness, the desire of boastful vanity, and the pride of life. Fill them with faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, godliness. Knit together in constant affection those who, in holy wedlock, have been made one flesh; turn the heart of the parents to the children, and the heart of the children to the parents; and fill us all with true love and charity, so that we put aside petty differences and act with kind affection and the sympathy of brotherly love; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

God of mercy, swift to help: as my lips pour forth your praise, fill my heart with the peace you give to those who wait for your salvation in Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Father God, I arise to new life this day. I shake off the entanglements, hurts, bruises and sins of the past. It’s a new day! Thank You for doing a new thing in my life, Father. Forgetting the former things, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. I have the Life of God in me! Amen.

Dear Lord, as I reflect on this Easter season, let it be the dawn of a new life for me. Let me realize that because You were victorious over sin, disease and death, I too can manifest victory in my life. These no longer give me reasons to fear. ... Give me the faith that comes from reading the Word, and let me seek and receive the infilling of the Holy Spirit, who will lead me into all truth and give me power, comfort and inner peace. Let me find new ways to serve You, to thank You, to praise You. Because You lived and died for me, I can face tomorrow. Because You live in me, today can be worthwhile.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.
(c) 2001 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Loving Father, I bless thee for thy love and ministry. May I enter into a broader conception of sharing thy gifts. May I not seek thy blessings to keep, but to use for renewed inspiration. Amen.

God our Father, may all that we see and experience lead us to grow in wonder and respect, that we may value and be thankful for everything in our lives each day. Inspire us to choose wisely and live positively, and make good use of our knowledge and talents, both for ourselves and for the benefit of others. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you that my name is written in the Book of Life. Lord, I pray for all who do not know You as the true and living God. Reveal Yourself to them so that they too, might have eternal life. Lord, deliver those who are in any form of deception that keeps them from knowing You. Father, I also ask that You keep me free from error. Deliver me from all pride and deception. Lord, reveal Yourself to all those who sincerely desire to know the true God. Lord, bless and keep my family and friends in the path of truth. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Lord our God, O great and almighty One, whose Spirit fills heaven and earth! We thank you that you are our Father and that in you we have a refuge wherever we must go as we serve you on earth. We thank you that your life can be revealed in us and can flow through us so that the world may be blest by you, our loving and caring Father. Protect us and strengthen us in times of trouble and sorrow. When we travel on new paths, give us your Spirit to show us the way, that everything may lead to the good and to your honor. Father, through your Spirit unite us in the unshakable hope that your will shall at last be done on earth as in heaven. Grant that we may rejoice in the certainty that whatever happens, our paths are made level and firm by your love and your faithfulness. Amen.

Dear Father, as I go out into the world guide me so that I may be helpful and understanding. Help me represent your grace and love so that others may understand.

O my God, I know that you love me. And I know that you want me to be happy, safe and secure, But sometimes it's so hard to find you in all my troubles. I know that there are many people worse off than me, But please help me with my problems. I'm so worried, God. Please help me find the support I need. Please help me not to worry too much. Please help me to be humble enough to accept help from others. Please help me to stay away from the "what ifs" and the "if onlys." Please help me to remember to help others, even when I still need help. And please help me to trust in your loving kindness, your care and your grace. Because I know that you love me, and you know that I love you. And if all you want to give me right now is your love, Please let that be enough for me. Amen.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:20 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 14

Prayer of St. Ephraim the Syrian (350 A.D.)

O Lord and Master of my life, this day, give me not the spirit of laziness, despair, lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of sobriety, humility, patience and love to Thy servant.

Yea, O Lord and King, grant me to see my own transgressions and not to judge my brother, for blessed art Thou unto ages of ages. Amen.

Meditation

[Give me not lust for power.]

For the Needy

Dear Lord above, never let me forget about those who are hurting from guilt, shame and other afflictions I may not know about. Show me that I need to remember those who are: sick, imprisoned, lonely, confused, in need of a friend, dying, hungry, spiritually lost in their lives — wandering aimlessly through life. Teach me to comfort my brothers and sisters in their hours of need, wherever they may be. Guide me to look deeply into their hearts and understand.

Teach me to reach out my hands and help them up and feed their souls and hearts with your word, O Lord. Let me never forsake one of my hurting brothers or sisters along life's way. Grant me the strength to carry forth your will and your way in bringing all to you, dear Father. I pray this needful prayer through your blessed Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

And finally, grant me O Lord, I pray, the lamp of charity which never fails, that it may burn in me and shed its light on those around me, and that by its brightness I may share a vision of that holy City, where dwells the true and never-failing Light, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Father, show me the path You want me to take and point out the right road on which I should walk. Today I deny myself and take up my cross and follow You wherever You may lead. Lead me beside the quiet waters; restore my soul. You are guiding me in paths of righteousness for Your name’s sake. You are my God and I will praise You in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Lord God, give me the power to control my mind and heart, that I may not be a slave to habits that may keep me from eternal love and blessedness. May I have sympathy and compassion for others, and cherish thy tenderness and mercy as I hold it in my daily life. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the joy that You have given me. I do not want to take the fruit of the Holy Spirit for granted. I am blessed to experience Your love, joy and peace, especially in the middle of my trials. Truly You give us peace that passes all understanding. Father, give me a continued love for Your Word and a desire to study it faithfully. I also need the grace to apply it in my daily life. Help all of Your people to esteem Your Word and honor You by keeping it. May we all declare as David did in Psalm 119:11, "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee." I ask in the name of the Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, to you we entrust everything, for you have given us life and will call us to resurrection. You will help your children, your mankind, to reach what you have called them to. Protect your Church on earth. Let her soon see your glory. Let her see Jesus Christ intervening in the lives and destinies of men until, shaken and trembling, they have to recognize that they should love and honor Jesus alone, to your honor, O Father in heaven. We thank you for all you have given us in your Word, which enables us to become your children and to find your way for us on earth. Bless us and give us the Holy Spirit. Protect us this night. Protect us so that nothing evil can harm us. Amen.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for showing me the lighted way when my path was so very dark. Please continue to guide me with your light and be my hope in the darkness.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:10 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 15

To Spend this Day in Thankful Reverence

Holy Father, Holy God, I come before you today in reverence and awe; I am filled with humility in the face of your greatness, your majesty, your holiness, and your power. And to acknowledge my sinfulness in the face of your pure and holy presence fills me with fear. Yet I pray boldly, for you have called me and adopted me as your rightful heir, through the sacrifice of your Son, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I give you thanks for your mercy with every ounce of my being, and pray that your Holy Spirit might be with me, that I might do your will in every thought and action this day; and that the work of my hands and the words of my tongue might seek your glory, and not my own.

And I promise, with your help and grace, to be fearless in the world; for if you are with me, who can be against me? Let me not hesitate to call upon you, for your power and love will see me through anything this world can bring against me. All thanks and praise be to you, almighty God.

In the name of Christ, I pray, Amen.

Meditation

[I am filled with humility.]

Prayer of Thanks for This Life

O God in heaven, I was born a weak, defenseless child, but your angel spread his wings over my cradle to defend me. From birth until now your love has illumined my path and has wondrously guided me towards the light of eternity; from birth until now the generous gifts of your providence have been marvelously showered upon me. I give you thanks for every step of my life's journey, together with all who have come to know you, who call upon your name. All glory be to you, O God, from age to age, Amen.

Let me not forget you as I go forth into the world this day, blessed Lord; may my every word be a prayer, and my every act be testimony to your love and truth, and my I know your presence every second of this day. Amen.

Father, I thank You for my friends. We are kind to one another, speaking words of grace into each other’s lives. We are there to laugh and cry together; we trust each other, encouraging one another in the Lord. We confess our faults to one another and pray for one another that we may be healed and restored to a spiritual tone of mind and heart. Thank You Jesus for teaching me how to be a good friend. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your wisdom and guidance each day. It is so exciting to walk in Your ways. I do appreciate the unexpected blessings You bring my way each day. Thank You for the wonderful people You have brought in my life. Lord, give me the discernment to recognize those things that are not of you. Give me spiritual eyesight to see things that are of the enemy so that I might not be fooled by him. Keep me from anger and help me to know Your will so that I can follow You closely in all of my ways. Bless my family and friends and keep them from the wicked one also. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, we turn to you. Hear our longing, hear our hopes, hear our faith! Our future lies in your hands. Free each heart from discouragement and sadness over the many evils of the world. Make us free from earthly things, free yet bound in spirit with you, O God. Help us on our pilgrimage toward eternity. As we walk with you, fill us with hope that the whole world will see the light, for in your light alone can we find fullness of life. Protect us and bless us through your Spirit. Amen.

Dear Lord, take my hands and lead me through my journey until the end. I know that I will not be alone. You will be my companion and stay with me in my hour of need.

Child's Grace

God is great and God is good,
And we thank him for our food;
By his hand we must be fed,
Give us Lord, our daily bread. Amen.

- Traditional
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply