Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2014, 10:54 AM   #20
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 19

O God and Father of all, whom the whole heavens adore: Let the whole earth also worship you, all nations obey you, all tongues confess and bless you, and men and women everywhere love you and serve you in peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord, I pray, Amen.

Father, I thank You for loving me. I have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear, but I receive the Spirit of adoption by whom I cry out, “Abba Father.” The Spirit Himself bears witness with my spirit that I am a child of God, and if a child then an heir—heir of God and a joint heir with Christ, if indeed I suffer with Him, that I may also be glorified together with Him. Father, I love You because You first love me. Amen

Dear Lord, You have said: "These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full."* ... Help me to realize the significance of Your message -- all that You really want from me is the joy that You experienced on earth, as You lived out the Father's will; You want me to find that same joy. In short, You want what is best for me, and what will bring me to enjoy eternal life with You! ... I may take wrong turns, or I may have to mark time. You may let me suffer illness, hardships or ridicule. However, You never give up in trying to help me to discover that my real fulfillment will only be found in You! ... The choice is mine, isn't it? Help me to truly want all that You desire so uniquely for me!

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

* (John 15:11)

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your many promises of blessings. I am thankful that You are my refuge and I can run to You when I am in trouble. I am also grateful that You keep me from the traps of the devil. Lord, I do love You, and I ask that You cleanse my heart from any thing that is not like You. Strengthen me to walk worthy before You and my fellow men. Lord, restore the "fear of the Lord" to Your people today. Lord, forgive us when, in certain areas, we have become too casual about the things of God. Instill in us, Your people, a reverential fear of Your Holy Name and Word. I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, accept our thanks today for all you allow us to learn and to receive from you. Help us, your children, to follow the Savior with a right spirit and with true understanding. Protect us from evil, from all the works of Satan. In our generation may we experience your rulership and your wonders. In the name of Jesus we pray, reveal yourself with power. May your will be done on earth as in heaven, that men may realize they are in your hands and that it is your will to set everything right. Be with us this night. Bless and strengthen us for all the work entrusted to us. Amen.

Father, I belong to you. I place myself anew in your hands and acknowledge you as Master and Lord of my life. Grant me the gift of a forgiving heart and cleanse me of any anger, hostility, or revenge. Heal my hurts and teach me to rely on your love. Grant me wisdom of heart and strengthen me by your grace to move on in faith, in trust, and in love. Thank you, Lord, for your love in my life.

May the grace of Christ, our Savior, And the Father's boundless love, With the Holy Spirit's favor, Rest upon us from above.

Thus may we abide in union With each other and the Lord And possess, in sweet communion, Joys which earth cannot afford. Amen.

To Be Free From Worry
Jim & Kaye Johns
Father, I'm praying that (name one or more) and others in my circle of family and friends will be free from worry...

Help them not worry when things don't go the way they expect. Jesus said we're not to fret, not to worry, not to let our hearts be troubled or afraid. He said we're to trust in You— and also in Him. May it be so in their lives and ministry, no matter how impossible things seem. (John 14:1, 27b)

Keep them from worrying about tomorrow, for each day has enough trouble of its own. When such trouble comes, help them to cast all their anxiety on Christ because He cares for them. (Matthew 6:34; 1 Peter 5:7)

Help them not to be anxious about anything but to pray about everything with thanksgiving—for when they do, You'll give them Your peace that surpasses their understanding, and such peace guards their hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6–7)

Keep their minds steadfast in trusting You, and give them Your perfect peace. May they turn to the Lord of Peace who will give them peace at all times, in every way. (Isaiah 26:3; 2 Thessalonians 3:16)

Help them leave every worry at Your feet where it belongs.

In Jesus' name, amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply