Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2017, 07:52 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Changing the World Around You

Changing the World Around You

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. —1 Corinthians 13:13 NIV

One of the best ways to get your mind off a problem or a troubling situation is to go help someone else. When you display love to others, it not only blesses you, but it changes the world around you. Those are two great reasons to start living in love.

We’ve all tried selfishness, discouragement, and self-pity— and we have seen the terrible fruit of that. The world has seen the results of those things too. But thankfully, genuine love is different!

Let’s agree that we will live life God’s way—in gratitude and love. Be mindful to be a blessing to others (see Galatians 6:10), put on love (see Colossians 3:14), and live like Jesus. Jesus got up daily and went about doing good (see Acts 10:38). If we will follow that example, we are sure to change the world.

Prayer of Thanks: I thank You, Father, that there is a better way to live my life than focusing on my problems. Today, I choose to go out and follow the example of Jesus by doing good to others. With Your help, I am going to be an agent of change in the world around me.

From the book The Power of Being Thankful by Joyce Meyer.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply