Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2013, 06:09 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon19 Daily Prayers - August

August 4

For the Spirit of Prayer

Almighty God, who pours out the spirit of grace and of supplication to all who ask for it; Deliver me, when I draw near to you, from coldness of heart and wanderings of mind, so that with steadfast thoughts and kindled affections, I may worship You in spirit and in truth; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Walk with me, dear Lord, so that I may not be alone as I face this coming week, but always in your presence. Your joy is a lighthouse in a world often dark with sin, and I pray that I may inspire others as I have been inspired. In the name of Christ, bless me this day, and all through the week to come; and bless all whom I may meet. Amen.

As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. Ephesians 4:1–3, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, we thank you for the blessings you give us on earth, for it is through your gifts and work, and through the work of your children, that we can believe and be saved. Protect us here in our household. Let us make allowances for one another in love and spare no effort to maintain unity in the Spirit through the bond of peace. Grant us new strength and new gifts whenever we need them on the path you have set for us. Grant that we may rejoice and trust in you until we reach the goal. Amen.

Walking in Sanctification

Father, thank You for sanctifying me by the truth; Your Word is truth. In the name of Jesus, I repent and turn from my wicked ways. I cleanse myself from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. I cease to do evil, and I am learning to do right. Anoint my ears to understand truth, and help me exercise my senses to discern both good and evil. Amen

Scripture Reading John 17:17, 19 2 Corinthians 7:1 (KJV) Hebrews 5:14 (KJV)

Dear Father, please help me as I face this day. Give me the wisdom to help others, give me the strength to deal with troubles that may come, and give me peace so I may deal with the challenges that come my way.

Dear Lord, let us consider these words written by William Arthur Ward and discover anew that Your presence surrounds us.

"In a garden, I found contentment.
In a seed, I found faith.
In a flower, I found God.
In a tree, I found patience.
In a butterfly, I found beauty.
In a smile, I found acceptance.
In a touch, I found encouragement.
In a friend, I found joy.
In a child, I found trust."

Oh Lord, open my eyes, my mind, and my heart to recognize the reminders of You and Your love that surround me. Forgive me for being so caught up in my worldly concerns that I think You have deserted me, and consequently miss all of the beauty and joy that You have for me, and the evidence of Your presence.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

My Lord, I pray that thou wilt control my life, and bless the going out of my work, be it ever so great or small. Help me to realize the necessity of earnestness, that I may "work while it is to-day," and I have the light, and not wait for the night, when it is too dark for work to be done. May I be faithful in my work until it is completed. Amen.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply