Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Recovery Topics and Questions

Share This Forum!  

Recovery Topics and Questions Post all recovery related topics and questions that you have here for discussion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2014, 02:10 AM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Recovery Thoughts and Questions

Quote:
Levels of consciousness

"The greatest discovery of my generation is that man can alter his life simply by altering his attitude of mind."

-- William James

Here is one perspective on levels of consciousness and some descriptive words to help us identify the differences:

Not conscious - instinctual, follower
Subconscious - habitual, robotic, reactive
Conscious - aware, intelligent, conceptual, reflective
Superconscious - intuitive, guiding, truthful, loving, universal

Reflect on how you typically move through your day. As we use our minds more consciously, we open up to the superconsciousness.

"Utilizing your conscious mind to direct the subconscious mind to enter into communication and harmony with the universal mind is the secret of personal power."

-- Delfin Knowledge System

We don’t change overnight. Personal growth requires persistence.

From Higher Awareness - used with permission
So many times I forget that I didn't get sick overnight, that I don't get well overnight. Recovery is not a quick fix. It is a process.

So much of my recovery, has been my conscious contact with my Higher Power. Developing a relationship that works. Not something that happens when I am needy or call on when I have been greedy and need to make an amend.

It is someone to call on preferrable, before the fact instead of after.

How many times I have heard, well I thought of you but did it anyway. I can remember saying to my spiritual advisor, "Picking up seemed to be the only option." He would reply, "There was another option." Instead of using, call on your Higher Power for the courage, strength and direction you need. Ask for the comfort, love and acceptance you need.

Change your attitude from, "I am not worthy" to "I am worthy of recovery and good things." Change my attitude from "I can do it alone" to "Higher Power, I need Your help."

Change my attitude about the people, places and things around me. The world is not out to get me. God doesn't test me. God leads and directs so that I may learn and grow to be a better person, not only for my sake, but His who made me. We are Co-Creators of our own Universe.

Have you changed your attitude enough to aid you in your recovery?

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply